• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
That offroad car level is great! It's simple and really short, but it just feels so imaginative and it looks amazing. I loved going down that snowy hill with all of the logs rolling and then into the ice flume.

Car controls were pretty wonky, only complaint.

Oct 26, 2017
Shifting Islands is great.

The load times are great.

Extremely worried about the physics system because outside of Shifting Islands and maybe the Green Hill Zone game, the games I've played have had some realllllly bad controls and feel off and bad. I feel like encouraging players to make their own animations/momentum/etc is going to lead to a bunch of terrible games that feel awful.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm not creative so I can't imagine buying this but I love seeing what others have made

Toni

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Orlando, Florida
Time to go off, King Molecule.
rn6Wd3c.png

Last edited:

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Was this always the plan or were they just like ah fuck it
Probably leaning towards the latter considering a lot of footage was already getting out with the NDA in place.

You could make the argument that the beta footage is what sold a lot of people on the game more than the official MM showings so they're probably like fuck it, might as well build some decent word of mouth right now.

Ralph

Oct 27, 2017
Shifting Islands is great.

The load times are great.

Extremely worried about the physics system because outside of Shifting Islands and maybe the Green Hill Zone game, the games I've played have had some realllllly bad controls and feel off and bad. I feel like encouraging players to make their own animations/momentum/etc is going to lead to a bunch of terrible games that feel awful.

Yeah a lot of peoples games have really bad controls. But the fact that there are games with good tight controls shows it's completely possible.
So hopefully once people get more accustomed, and more templates come out then a decent base standard will emerge.

The character steve_big_guns created is my favourite, with the best controls so far.
I also really like the way the dead space one feels.

kanuuna

Oct 26, 2017
I have no idea how they were able to make a mouse cursor so adorable. The imp is already the best new character of 2019.
The community creations to date are already worth the price of admission for the full game - whatever that may be.

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Yeah a lot of peoples games have really bad controls. But the fact that there are games with good tight controls shows it's completely possible.
So hopefully once people get more accustomed, and more templates come out then a decent base standard will emerge.

The character steve_big_guns created is my favourite, with the best controls so far.
I also really like the way the dead space one feels.
Yeah that dog thing that works like Mario is really tight. The wall jumping is great and he made really good water too. The great thing about Dreams is that people like him can make templates that others can bring into their games and adjust as needed. In time even more casual creators will have better co trolling characters and vehicles as a result, and you'll see certain well known creators putting together all the best collections.

Dreams is gonna be huuuge.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Not nearly as impressive as other stuff here but I made a little demo of a PSX-lke Survival Horror, fixed cameras and tank controls included. This is an old version, but still:

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
I'm impressed just how much it feels like LBP despite the fact that its scope dwarfs LBP. It has all of the same charm.

I don't have the inclination to create my own stuff in Dreams but I'll continue to enjoy checking out other's creations.

Mailbox

Oct 30, 2017
I think it was always the plan. Someone at Sony probably thought that letting people stream when they were just starting and getting frusterated was a bad idea and now that a bunch of leaks of great creations were happening now was the perfect time to get rid of the NDA and just have the marketing be "this is the cool stuff people have made" rather than " damn you can make things but it gonna be a lot of work and a lot of learning things"

Oct 27, 2017
I'm excited to see what people are able to make once they've figured out how to mess with the movement physics. So far a lot of the stuff I've played has felt pretty floaty.

AngelOFDeath

Nov 13, 2017
Release the hounds!

Like LBP before it, I can't create for shit but look forward to playing other's content. I do hope that means full release is near, say March?

rumplestilts

May 30, 2018
I've spent some time in it, and I am thoroughly enjoying the creation tools and the way you can find existing content.

There are going to be a ton of walking simulators made in this, and I am here for it 100%.

Ravage

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Finally! Has anyone tried making a RPG prototype? Really curious to see how robust the logic system is.

OP
OP
EssBeeVee

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
planned most likely. the forum while good when they first thought but when you open the beta to over 15K people things just get lost. and the fact they used the most basic forum ever it was hard to even keep up. so im glad thats now over.

Oct 25, 2017
This was a great choice by Sony/Mm. If you want to get people interested in this game, you gotta show what people have created with it in such a short time.

Nov 18, 2017
A problem I have with these types of creative games is that... if you're going to put the time and effort into learning to create something... why not learn a platform where you can make it an actual indie and monetize it? Or learn blender or something?

Is it a lot easier?

Last edited:

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Well, while I like eevry re-creation of every otehr game since LBP and now in Dreams, I think it is time to say it's enough and such skilled users should focus their efforts on creating something new and fresh. This will only give them even more merit. The Encounter and Shifting Islands are really perfect examples of that.