• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
This week, Capcom has been running a marathon of the old English Mega Man NT Warrior dub on their Twitch channel from 1PM Eastern to around 10PM. The marathon is still ongoing and will conclude tomorrow, but they've gone ahead and uploaded all of the episodes to YouTube for free until September 20th. This is the first time that NT Warrior's English dub has been made available digitally (legally). It's also especially exciting for Axess because that season never got an English DVD release, and it's become increasingly more difficult to find until now, especially in any kind of decent quality.

The only catch to this is that for whatever reason, for the first episode of Axess, they've opted for an English subtitled version of the original Japanese episode rather than the English dubbed version. The subtitles use names and terms consistent with the English dub, but otherwise, it's the original Japanese episode and the translation matches it faithfully. They showed this episode during the Twitch stream earlier today and it threw folks off because Capcom hadn't said anything about officially translating the Japanese version of the series, so it wasn't clear if they accidentally showed the wrong version of the episode (and possibly had plans to release the full series with English subs) or what. Now that they've done the same thing for the YouTube upload though, I think it might be safe to assume that the English master for that episode has been lost, and they just translated that one episode so that it would still be there in some form. (It's worth noting that none of the episodes that the dub skipped over back in the day have been similarly translated.)

Even with that caveat though, this is still exciting and cool, and I'm really glad they've done this, especially for Axess. I hope they also consider officially releasing subbed versions of the complete series. That first episode of Axess being subbed is such a (seemingly unintentional) tease.

Playlists for both seasons are below:

View: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvRJf4sy8d-s0g73r8Z3AxvYPOkYex7jS

View: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvRJf4sy8d-teYYZQJh0epBfFEvpnNKad

Last edited:

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
I heard good things about the EXE and Axxess anime based off the Mega Man Battle Network game series. Anyone whose actually seen it can recommend? Got a young cousin who will be over for a bit and likes cartoons and such.

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
I heard good things about the EXE and Axxess anime based off the Mega Man Battle Network game series. Anyone whose actually seen it can recommend? Got a young cousin who will be over for a bit and likes cartoons and such.
I've been watching (well, half-watching, due to work and other things) the show via the Twitch marathon and I think it's decently entertaining. It's very much an early 2000's English localization of a children's anime, so they made a lot of edits to the script / music / scenes, but overall I think it's still alright.

Though none of that matters to a kid lol. As long as your cousin can stomach its early 2000's-ness, I'd say it's fine.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
So after Sept 20th it's just going back to the void huh

What's with early 2000s anime and being a nightmare to find

OP
OP
Lukar

Lukar

Oct 27, 2017
So after Sept 20th it's just going back to the void huh

What's with early 2000s anime and being a nightmare to find
It's more time than they're giving Japan, at least. They're doing a similar thing over there (except with the full series rather than just the first two seasons), but they're removing the episodes at the end of May.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Wait, these are only available for a limited time too?? šŸ˜­ At least it's a decent amount of time, but this feels super weird.

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
Of the handful of episodes of this show that I saw on Kids' WB, I thought it was fine. Maybe I'll give it a watch while the episodes are still uploaded. Thank you for notifying us, OP.