• The ResetEra Games of the Year Awards 2018 results are now live! Congratulations to all the winners!
  • Sidebar and Width settings will now no longer reset after 4 hours of inactivity! We have implemented a new system that will remember these preferences on each browser, for both members and guests. This allows you to choose different settings on different devices if you so desire.

Nearly half of Nintendo Switch owners downloaded Fortnite

Oct 28, 2017
Switch has sold more than 18 million, no? Didn’t we get a thread saying it’d surpassed the GameCube or did they use sell to retailers numbers there.

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I wonder if they have a measure better than download ... because it was free so even I downloaded but I never even opened the game =P

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Interested in seeing how often it's played on Switch.

Didn't see anything in the document that list that stat.

Either way, game is insanely popular.

OP
OP
ZhugeEX

ZhugeEX

诸葛亮 - 卧龙
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Switch has sold more than 18 million, no? Didn’t we get a thread saying it’d surpassed the GameCube or did they use sell to retailers numbers there.
22.86 million is the sell in number.

Nintendo states in the link above that sell through was approx 18 million as of Sep 2018.

upload_2018-10-31_2-9-24.png

Nov 11, 2017
DMV Area, USA
I downloaded and was about to try it, but then I saw all the terrible stuff about Sony refusing to allow cross progression. And considering my main consoles are the Switch and PS4, I didn't want to risk my stuff getting locked.

Oct 29, 2017
I'm part of the problem...

Jokes aside, that's amazing. Of those who enjoy the game, who wouldn't want to play Fortnite anywhere they want?

Oct 27, 2017
Wasn't Fortnite specifically mentioned in Sony's briefing as well?
Amazing how a single game can have such an impact.

Dec 18, 2017
Crazy. I couldn’t play more than two rounds. It ran and looked better on iOS. Switch port is a mess. Hopefully they patch it
They did patch it. It runs pretty good now. I dont play it because its just not really that fun to me but it is running much better than it did initially

Oct 31, 2017
oh right, I can try it now that the cross-progression BS (Sony lol) has been fixed.

downloaded it a while ago, but never actually played it.

Oct 27, 2017
It's great, and I'm not surprised. The bundle will probably sell pretty well too. I had to turn my Switch tv res to 720p tho. Whatever 1080p mode Fortnite uses is messed up.

Oct 25, 2017
Crossplay improves user potential for every platform. Good for all involved!

I played it, haven’t bought anything yet. Microtransactions from othe games burned me out.

Jan 9, 2018
I downloaded it as well, but I quickly deleted it again after realising I'm just not enjoying it. I had a few games and just hated everything about it, I wasn't having fun sadly.

Dec 4, 2017
Crazy. I couldn’t play more than two rounds. It ran and looked better on iOS. Switch port is a mess. Hopefully they patch it
It has been patched a lot with graphical and performance boosts, Epic has been active in this area probably due to how popular the Switch is

Medalion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, why wouldn't you? It's THE game to own on any system and it's Free (to play)... the irrational hate for it is weird among some hardcore Nintendo fans

Aug 11, 2018
Wait, does that mean Nintendo's goal is to sell through 20 mil units or to sell in 20 mil units?

Also not surprised--I wasn't interested in fortnite but downloaded it when it was announced and enjoyed playing with some friends! It's a really fast pick up n play game so I kinda get why it's so popular now.

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly downloaded it and haven't played it yet. Too many games I like on the Switch right now to give it a proper chance.

Oct 30, 2017
My son plays everyday on PC but plays on the same account on his Switch here and there when we head to my parents hour or are on the road etc etc

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like I'm more surprised than other people.

That's an absolutely insane number to me, Free or not.
It's not like it was a new game or anything.

wow