• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Heazy

IT Tech
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK

This actually looks like a top tier FPS title. Wishing the studio the best of luck for this, looks fantastic.

Also to add to this, it's sub £30 at launch. My expectations are intact with a 10-15hour fps campaign.

Coming to PS5, PS4, XSX, XONE, PC on June 1st

Last edited:

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really impressed with what I've seen. I'm actually getting some old school FPS vibes. The grimey gothic fast paced action agaisnt cyborg and mutant horrors brings me back to the Quake days but with all the modern day trappings and QoL features. This might be a surprise hit if the full game is as good as the previews have made it out to be.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Looks fun ... but that aesthetic is an assault on the eyes. Every shot looks so ugly to me

EDIT: Oh, this is connected to 40k. That explains that I guess lol.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Interesting release model. 30 day digital only then retail stores.

TheVoidDragon

Jan 16, 2018
Aestheticially it looks great. They've done a very good job at showing the setting in an immersive-looking way.

But beyond that, I think it looks pretty poor when it comes to the actual game itself. Wonky psychics like the Ambot at 1:03 just flipping into the air, a complete lack of enemy reactions (the Ogryn at 1:08), an overall arcadey-ness and floaty-looking combat that looks like it does have much depth, enemies throwing out giant glowy boxes everywhere, unfitting "critical hit!" text and such, poor readability....

It's like when it comes to the look and feel of the setting they've managed to do that absolutely fine, but when it comes to adding substance and realizing the idea, that's not gone well at all. It's such a shame considering how great the idea and those aesthetics are too.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
I hope there are NPCs we can talk to, some light rpg elements otherwise shooty shooty bang bang might get old after a while.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
It's already 37% OFF at humble bundle if you are subbed to humble choice. It's very tempting, but I am cautious after Space Hulk :-\

astro

Oct 25, 2017
Aestheticially it looks great. They've done a very good job at showing the setting in an immersive-looking way.

But beyond that, I think it looks pretty poor when it comes to the actual game itself. Wonky psychics like the Ambot at 1:03 just flipping into the air, a complete lack of enemy reactions (the Ogryn at 1:08), an overall arcadey-ness and floaty-looking combat that looks like it does have much depth, enemies throwing out giant glowy boxes everywhere, unfitting "critical hit!" text and such, poor readability....

It's like when it comes to the look and feel of the setting they've managed to do that absolutely fine, but when it comes to adding substance and realizing the idea, that's not gone well at all. It's such a shame considering how great the idea and those aesthetics are too.
Enemy reactions look pretty good to me. A few bigger enemies that charge through fire but that makes sense for the type of enemy they are, you usually need to hit a damage threshold to stagger, but the smaller enemies all seem to respond well to bullet hits.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Continues to look promising this!
Hope it's very replayable with generated missions so you'll always have something new to do.
Just please please please be fully playable offline!

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looks vaguely nu-Doom with Shadow Warrior 2's loot / mission system.

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Continues to look promising this!
Hope it's very replayable with generated missions so you'll always have something new to do.
Just please please please be fully playable offline!

There's no multiplayer to speak of, so I can't imagine it'll be online-only.

Edit: I'm aware there have been a couple of exclusively single-player titles with always-online DRM in the past year, but they're both Bnet games (MW2 Remastered and Crash 4).

Last edited:

Blade30

Oct 26, 2017
Looks very good. Wallrunning + sliding + grapple hook + dog companion? Sounds great to me.

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They really need to show us a gameplay video with uninterrupted gameplay.

They don't show anything more than a few seconds.

I'm looking forward to the game but i would advice extreme caution for anybody interested.

Wait for reviews. The studio hid their previous title before release and it was quite bad in the end.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
This, Village and Biomutant will get my through till the 2nd half of the year.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Never been the biggest fan of Necromunda as a setting, but this might change my mind on it. Loving everything I'm seeing of it so far.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
Dang. I was just on the games steam forums and according to the dev the game is just a linear story game with side quests.
I was kinda hoping for something grander and more replayable with randomly generated quests and the like. Oh well, could still be a bit of fun.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
Man this looks really good.

Dang. I was just on the games steam forums and according to the dev the game is just a linear story game with side quests.
I was kinda hoping for something grander and more replayable with randomly generated quests and the like. Oh well, could still be a bit of fun.
I feel the complete opposite. No problem with randomly generated side quests, but I'm just glad this isn't another rogue-lite.

Apoplectoad

Mar 15, 2019
I picked a good day to work on my Delaque gang today. Hopefully they show up and its not only Escher/Goliath.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Just waiting for 60fps confirmation for PS5 and I'll buy blindly, the trailers look super good to me. No nonsense high speed shooter, I hope it's short and intense!

TheVoidDragon

Jan 16, 2018
Enemy reactions look pretty good to me. A few bigger enemies that charge through fire but that makes sense for the type of enemy they are, you usually need to hit a damage threshold to stagger, but the smaller enemies all seem to respond well to bullet hits.

It's fine to have something like an Ogryn able to just shrug off hits and keep going towards the player.

But the trailer shows an Ogryn where attacks have absolutely no reaction or effects, as if the shots just vanish or go right through them like they aren't there. There's nothing there to indicative anything is even happening - no change in expression, or movement, and not even any blood or marks on the model shown.

I can't see much reaction with the other enemies either.