• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I read elsewhere that the aim stick is fixed with this patch.

I rebought it to try it out, and it is way better. Actually playable now. The only issue now is there isn't enough acceleration when you push the stick to extremes.

The game is pretty fun so far!

Zor

Oct 30, 2017

I rebought it to try it out, and it is way better. Actually playable now. The only issue now is there isn't enough acceleration when you push the stick to extremes.

Are you playing controller on PC or is this the PS5 version?

I have the latter and had stopped for the time being.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017

I just finished the 2nd level. I'm digging it!

Scouring the levels for chests is fun. There are so many nooks and crannies it's ridiculous. I also enjoy how arcane it is. A lot of the systems are not well explained which normally would be a negative but I feel like that works in the case of this game due to the setting and vibe.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
Why the hell are the side missions so difficult? Even on easy I've failed three of them. I was looking forward to doing a bunch of grinding between story missions.

Inkvoterad

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel there is a balancing issue with those. The enemies with the yellow shields are really unkillable at times.

Had big issues with those at first but it's really all about using the anti shield stuff on them, and armor penetrating ammo. But the biggest counter to them is the different powers that blast down their shields in different ways, i struggled hard with the game until i got those types of powers which can actually be gained from the second level onward. You can bruteforce through the shield with enough armor penetration and damage but it's more or less meant to be enemies that make you use your different tools more. I don't recommend just trying to shoot them down like "tankier enemies" or anything. EYE divine cybermancy had a similar thing with armored enemies, if you didn't have proper armor piercing in that game some enemies were just about impossible to kill.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
I really don't like the healing system, I think it takes a lot of fun out of the game. It would be nice if you could up your medkit capacity and/or have using a stim to resurrect replenish your medkits. Can you really make yourself tougher with upgrades? It doesn't seem like it with bonuses like +5 to health.

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
I feel there is a balancing issue with those. The enemies with the yellow shields are really unkillable at times.
There are two abilities that instantly strip shields and one that seems to counter kill them. The emp blast one and the melee one both strip shields, I dont have the names in front of me. Then the one that shoots a beam of energy like iron man can kill or strip shielded enemies. Trying to gun fire down shields i really hard.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't like having quick power on a stick push in. I've also tried remapping but nothing really works because you still want to be able to move while using the wheel in emergencies

The best I got was putting grenade on stick push I but it is not ideal.

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't like having quick power on a stick push in. I've also tried remapping but nothing really works because you still want to be able to move while using the wheel in emergencies

The best I got was putting grenade on stick push I but it is not ideal.
Yeah on pc the ability wheel is middle mouse and its a little cumbersome. What I think would help would to slow time when you pull up the ability wheel, it would slow the combat flow a little but make them more easily used. I can use some of them no looking but not all.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah on pc the ability wheel is middle mouse and its a little cumbersome. What I think would help would to slow time when you pull up the ability wheel, it would slow the combat flow a little but make them more easily used. I can use some of them no looking but not all.

Yeah I imagine it is easier to use with a mouse. Wheels never work on controller unless you stop time. Otherwise they are extremely clunky.

It's a double whammy with this game... a selection wheel that doesn't pause and needing to push in on an analog stick to do a quick power. Ugh

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
There is a lot going for this game, but man it REALLY goes out of it's way to suck.

There are just too many frustrations.

First and foremost are that 3/4 of the enemies can instantly get to your location. The long jumping ones are bad. But the WORST are the teleporting ones. This is just fucking awful design. You are supposed to make your enemies challenging through movesets and weapon types, not by constantly teleporting them behind the user. It is just so fucking cheap and shitty.

Then you have the enemies that teleport directly behind that start chasing you faster than you can run. Even grappling twice away from these puts them back on your ass punching you in the back after half a second. Oh, just grapple onto a high ground? Sure. Get up there, turn around to shoot them, and they have disappeared. But don't worry, they'll teleport directly behind you and beat you in the head a few times before chasing you faster than you can run again.

And weapon and power use on the controller plain sucks. Having the default weapon switch be on dpad making you take your thumb off the move stick is just awful. This is somewhat alleviated by putting "switch weapon forward" onto Y, but that still makes you cycle through all your weapons. I wish there was a "last two used weapons" button like almost every other wheel-based fps has.

And power use is frustrating as hell as well. You can put a power on "quick use", but you really want "quick use" on RB so you don't have to take your hands off the sticks to use it. Unfortunately that is the power select wheel, and the only way to select on the power wheel is using the right stick. So you can't really move that control anywhere else but on dpad, but then you need to take your thumb off the move stick to use it. The only real option is to keep it on pressing in on the right stick which feels really bad.

On top of that, you pretty much want access to all your powers at all times. Using the wheel is not a plausible way to fire these off reliably. It's twitchy and inaccurate.

I think they could maybe salvage some of the power/weapon usage issues on the controller (especially if they slow down/stop time when a wheel is up), but the complete reliance on teleporting enemies is just too fundamentally flawed and ingrained in the game.

Last edited:

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
Oh crap at Chapter
7 and the tyranids coming out, game went all space hulk and horror haha. Guess they had those models handy, man when they rush you its pants pooping time.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
The story missions aren't that hard on normal. I'm quite enjoying the game when I stick to those. I love the level design and I've learned to live with the healing system. There are lots of cool weapons and the Warhammer atmosphere is great.

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Do we know if they are gonna patch up the ps5 version? It shows a lot of promise but it is just too much atm…

There was a PS5 patch yesterday, but I have no idea what was in it, too busy playing Strive. If someone have a patchnote or see some actual improvements in game, please tell me!

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finally checked it out again on Series X with the patch. Night and day difference for me, I was able to get through the first 4 chapters and about as many side missions without wanting to vomit from the weird motion and stuttering. It's still janky in general but I'm having some fun with it.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
Too late! I completed the game a day or two before the patch came out. I enjoyed it but feel ripped off considering that it was 40 dollars.

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
I finished the PC version last week. I only paid 28 bucks, so I am happy with my purchase.

Pros:
Environments are amazing, really really awesome
Fun gameplay when you unlock the abilities
Graphics are good for AA as well as design
The movement system is good and doesn't glitch out a lot which is surprising
Took me 13 hours to complete which I think is a good length for solo FPS
Performance was solid for me @4K, but I am on a 3080

Mehs
I had I think 2 crashes total, not terrible but not great either
Story is there but bland
side missions get a little boring after a while, but I like I was able to grind up my character

Cons
Sounds design could use some work, weapons could use more umph
I wish you could use more non pistol weapons , 3 slots for pistols including the non upgradeable base one is dumb

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
So I just picked this up on PS5 and uh, wow, what a technical disaster. How on earth is this thing's framerate hitting the low-50s? The controls are just baffling, the wall running is so clunky and poorly implemented, the UI is atrocious and borderline impenetrable and the audio is just dire. The weapons sound like pellet guns.

It's a shame that this is such a mess, the core combat is pretty fun.

grendelrt

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty big patch today on PC, first two are nice updates to the gameplay!

New features
    • Opening the weapon wheel or the cyber wheel now triggers slow motion (this feature can be turned off in the settings)
    • The mandatory stubgun can now be replaced by another stubgun
  • The limitation system on takedowns is now removed. A new takedown system is still in internal tests in order to potentially be added in a future patch.
  • Added AMD FSR support
  • Tweaks to smoothen Mastiff animations (moving, turning etc..)
  • Added a Mastiff animation when performing a takedown on enemies on their back
  • Update on Ogryn ragdolls to be less "boneless"
  • Friendly NPCs are now targeted by the mortars instead of getting instant killed in the Citadel

Bugfixes
  • If an NPC is stuck in the Hypogean Citadel, the current wave is automatically considered as won to avoid blocking the player
  • Perfect aim widget should not stay displayed anymore on targets when they burrow or teleport
  • Multiple tweaks on spawns in secondary missions
  • Update on grapnel to reduce the chances to get stuck in a wall after grappling an enemy next to a wall
  • Fixed a bug when an achievement wasn't getting unlocked due to multiple achievement unlocks at the same time
  • Fixed focus loss issues in armory menu
  • Ogryn Tesla doesn't remain stuck in his electric shock animation anymore
  • Ambot back-mounted missile launcher is now properly destroyed and falls with the other pieces when it enters its second phase
  • The main target of the Crush power is now always damaged to avoid the situation where the target manages to get out of the damage during the teleport
  • Players can now destroy Ghasts and Perturbator objectives with strength booster (kick or knife)
  • Bosses should not be afraid of the player anymore when using a stim
  • Fixed a bug where the low life sound effect would be triggered when opening a chest
  • Fixed a bug where the floor in Steelway would not get destroyed by the mines
  • Veerax now has a green outline
  • The drill in Citadel doesn't have an outline after breaking the door
  • The Araneus Ventri boat doesn't shake the camera anymore