• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
M. Wallace

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Finally, rep level up past 10! Used my 203 ranked Mustang on a 200 level race. Finished 2nd, all AI vehicles were hanging in there, fun race. I'm digging this.

seroun

Oct 25, 2018
I really wanna try the game, it looks so effing good. Seems like an improvement over Payback!

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
Is the pop in as bad on PC as it is on console?

It's a fun game but have only spent about 3 hours on it.

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017
Wish EA let Criterion Games develop a true sequel to Hot Pursuit 2010. Which remains to this day as one of the greatest racing games of all time. Loved how Autolog was invented and integrated in that game!

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Just picked up my copy for €44 and the game is now installing.

Is there any microtransactions in the game right now?

Because the PEGI rating in the back of the box mention purchases ingame.

Just searched PEGI´s website and i cannot find the game in there.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
First crash at the end of the first race lol

At least it didn´t crash the second time.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
My copy is coming in later today but likely won't be able to play much in the coming days. Reviews look like it'll settle in the low to mid 70s which is a massive improvement sadly over what this franchise has become this generation since Rivals.

They finally managed to pull off "most" of the things the core fans wanted since Carbon and even Hot Pursuit 2010, but given how they've tarnished the brand and how many years have passed since, it does have this feeling of "a little too late". People are very much skeptical of the handling model and general EA-ness of their games as well now.

I do hope this is the foundation towards something greater but given the lack of marketing and general buzz of this game beyond the hardcore fans of NFS, I do feel this will be the final entry for a while. Ghost Games have mismanaged this franchise for over 5 years now and EA haven't done anything to provide me with confidence for its future.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Game is super fun, still in the 180SX but customizing the car a little bit.

Driving during the day is kinda boring i think, having much more fun at night with the cop pursuits. There's still pursuits during the day but at night feels much better.

YLYZaBf.png

1bQ629N.png

Accessing the photomode is pretty bad, you have to hold R3 down for the manual controls

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2018
Ehhhh, I think this looks awful. There is no physics at play here just looks sterile as eff with no handling nuance at all. I mean it doesnt need to be Gran Turismo but this just looks flat.

Why cant anyone successfully knock off Forza Horizon?

While I have not played it the handling doesn't appear to be the main issue anymore. The game offers different playstyles which is ok for a arcade racer. What bothers me in that Grip gameplay is how the side of that building might as well consist of gum cause the car almost hops back on the circuit without any direct consequences. It should at least slow you down like in GT.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I'm shocked to see such positive reviews based on what I've seen on YouTube and Twitch as well as feedback in here. Maybe I won't skip this entry. Hmm. It will be on sale during Black Friday.

Oct 26, 2017

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
Any new patches today for the game? I was hoping for a day one patch to improved performance.
Also I must admit, I was pretty down on the game but the more Ive been playing Im warming up to it.
The empty city in the daytime threw me off but now Im enjoying it.

Ernest

Oct 25, 2017
So.Cal.
Game looks fun, but I think I'll wait for the inevitable price-drop.
And hopefully by then, they'll patch the balancing/AI issues as well.

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Best NFS in a while, but for the love of god get rid of that ridiculous canned overseer effect, feels like bloody Ridge Racer.

Other than that, there is a fair bit to like here, and the customisable exhaust note maker is pretty damn good, and unique to this game to boot.

OP
OP
M. Wallace

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Playing on normal and some of the latest races I've done have been pretty challenging. Recommended level was 200, I was 218 and still barely won.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
Might give this a shot in a few months if now P2W economy garbage stays true! Pretty excited, love the Underground games and Most Wanted from last gen so something that can come close to that current gen sounds great

Nov 2, 2017
Eurogamer's review is surprisingly mostly positive. And I must admit the more I play it's slowly growing on me.

And IGN gave it a good review!!!
Those were both good reads. Very well done reviews.

Happy to see the tide turn a bit more positive for Heat. Eye of the beholder and all but I have had a lot of fun with the trial and I really look forward to playing it more (somewhat rare for me these days to look forward to playing a new game after work ...).

Still have trial time left but I plan to get NFS Heat this holiday season.

OP
OP
M. Wallace

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Word of warning, I've had the game crash multiple times today when racing at night just after I use nitrous. Sucks because my rep level was super high and it was all for naught. Very frustrating.

LetalisAmare

Oct 27, 2017
So how do I actually play the trial on PS4 with EA access? I'm subbed and its downloaded but it keeps saying "cannot use the content, to use purchase it from the store". I already have it downloaded and ready.

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone here on PC playing w/ Dolby Vision? How does it look?
I wish consoles would support it! Hopefully when next gen arrives!

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Word of warning, I've had the game crash multiple times today when racing at night just after I use nitrous. Sucks because my rep level was super high and it was all for naught. Very frustrating.

In the two play sessions i had the game crashed once per session. Both racing but during the day (at least the second one), on PS4.

OP
OP
M. Wallace

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
In the two play sessions i had the game crashed once per session. Both racing but during the day (at least the second one), on PS4.

It's crashed on my 5 times today.

I also found a good routine for making money quick. Spawn by your main safe house by the oval track - do that race (takes 2 minutes) and the pay out is over $20K. Hit replay race and do it again for another $20K. If you try doing it a third time the payout is $16K, so you just need to enter a garage, then back out and you can get $20K again. PLUS, at that oval track is a jump activity that you can keep doing over and over again for $3K-$4K each time. I'm up to $600K lol

Oct 29, 2017
Wow. I am actually having fun with a Need for Speed game for once in a long time. Playing on the One X, and it's a blast so far. I got the ultimate edition, so how do I know I am getting the extra 5% bank and rep? It's unclear. Thank goodness for Spotify, because the soundtrack is a creamy yet somehow super sticky chunk of feces that could not be wiped away with any amount of toilet paper, super strong name brand or otherwise, or washed away by any expensive premium bidet, and in fact might take a surgical procedure so expensive that you will pay for the rest of your life even after meeting the deductible on your insurance.

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
Wow. I am actually having fun with a Need for Speed game for once in a long time. Playing on the One X, and it's a blast so far. I got the ultimate edition, so how do I know I am getting the extra 5% bank and rep? It's unclear. Thank goodness for Spotify, because the soundtrack is a creamy yet somehow super sticky chunk of feces that could not be wiped away with any amount of toilet paper, super strong name brand or otherwise, or washed away by any expensive premium bidet, and in fact might take a surgical procedure so expensive that you will pay for the rest of your life even after meeting the deductible on your insurance.

How do you use Spotify on the X while playing NFS?

Jun 1, 2018
Upland
Joined Origin Premier, this game is pretty fucking fun. Feels like the arcadey racer I've been missing in my life of Simulators, kinda wish I can use the G29 on it....oh well.