• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chiramii

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
That's a no from me. I'm gonna be completely honest and say that the last NFS I enjoyed was Hot Pursuit 2010, and the last one I played at all was The Run. Wonder how EA will destroy this one with microtransactions, and from the very short clips of what looks like actual gameplay the handling looks stiff as all hell.

New handling model and no lootboxes
OP
OP
Oct 26, 2017
World does have variety. It's my own personal favourite NFS world to date.

Cops are back yes, big time.

Day and night depends on what you want to do while playing. Both have their own pros and cons.

Speedcards, yes, 100% gone

Handling. Expect grip to be a lot better. Play it at gamescom next week.

Visuals. It looks better than Payback.

The game is called NFS Heat.

When you get busted at night, your night is over. It's back to the day for you.

Customisation, we've got some new bits but more on that later on.

From F8RGE via Reddit

It's a new handling model. You'll find grip driving a lot different than in previous games. As with all things handling, is all in the feel. Trailers can only go so far.
It'll be playable at gamescom.

Karlinel

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Mallorca, Spain
Since when Death Stranding and NFS share the same audience?
Different games for different people.

Two shooters in the same day is problematic, but two different games in the same day are not
If you want to be so specific, Death Stranding only launches on ps4, the thing is EA goes for the mass market, and launching alongside a highly hyped game might hurt its sales...

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
No real change from the average games of recent years (imo), MTX everywhere, gameplay, graphics and variety that don't compare to FH4. I'm good thanks EA, try again next year. Let me know when you remake Underground 2.

alr1ght

Oct 25, 2017
Tacked on story
Open world
Cops
Microtransactions and "customization"
EA

That's tempting right there. 🤔

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
That sure is Need for Speed. Looks like a dime a dozen NFS games.

Phinor

Oct 27, 2017
Visually nice but NFS has not had even mildly satisfying handling/driving model in over a decade. Hoping this one finally fixes that small little issue in a driving game.

Weird how late they left the reveal.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
I just want an 80's NFS game that looks like an old episode of Motorweek with a shouty John Davis as the narrator.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
Open world + cops = I'm out. Negative interest in useless filler "random cops vs robbers encounters" at this point.

Also ugh street racing ugh. Likely means "you'll have to grind the shit out of each event to be able to buy a car which will allow you to win that next one which you've failed ten times already on a first try".

NFS in it's current form should just die as they are totally incapable of reinventing this series into anything remotely interesting.

Svejk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Please stop this Fast & Furious fake ass edgey thing... Where's a new Tokyo Xtreme Racer when you need one?

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DAT POLESTAR

looks decent, but the cheese is immense. may not be a good thing. also, what's with the censored swearing? Green-Band trailer? first M-rated NFS? why not? be different

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
How else will you get kids today to be interested in a racing game.

TBH I'm surprised EA is still trucking along with NFS and Ghost Games. The implementation of MTX must be through the roof for this to exist.

IIRC NFS still sells really well, like 4-5 million units per installment. Even though racing games are pretty much dead unless your name is Forza or Mario Kart.

Vintage

Oct 27, 2017
Europe
With this cringeworthy monologue and generic style that we saw in many previous games, this had absolutely no impact on my interest in the game.

OP
OP
Oct 26, 2017
How else will you get kids today to be interested in a racing game.

TBH I'm surprised EA is still trucking along with NFS and Ghost Games. The implementation of MTX must be through the roof for this to exist.

I think NFS sells well, around 4-5 million copies for each entry.

Criterion is busy with a new IP, so Ghost Games is the only choice they have for NFS.

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
Great release date.

I can subscribe Origin Premier for a month, play Jedi and this for €15, and be one with them.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
The handling model of the series has been so bad for so long. Maybe they fixed it, but I'm guessing it still stinks. Forza Horizon has a good model, but what really made the NFS model look bad was GTAV. THAT is how I want an arcade racing game to feel like. The NFS games handle like a damn brick compared to that.

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
The blinking and stuttering on the trailer really shits me, just let me see it nice and clear ffs...

Hopefully turns out better than the last couple.

Funkybee

Feb 20, 2019
User warned: "lazy dev" rhetoric is not allowed. Please review our FAQ.
Such a dissapointment. Can't they get out of the fucking box for once and do something DIFFERENT? Fuck man, does EA ever hear us? Same shit over and over when they have the juice to make much better and unique nfs game. That girl's voice acting just irritated the shit outta me for some reason, not to mention that goofy ' right nowww'. And i don't even need to see any gameplay. Those 5 seconds were enough. Looks exactly the same as nfs 2015 handling wise and judging from this trailer which again looks so freaking repetitive, i can see the devs laziness so i'm not expecting the handling to be any different but we'll see i guess. And 30fps? Nope i ain't touching no goddamn racing game in 30fps. When The Crew came out, i got it for ps4 and game played like a turtle. It was legit unplayable and looked like those old xbox OG racing games full of slow mo and loads of blur. When I tried the crew on PC, game felt like a total different and it was totally enjoyable to the point that I made those hour long races which takes you places from highways to cities then hills and mountains, which was awesome and refreshing. But nope EA will just stick to their core which has failed consequtively through the last years and looks like it's down the same outcome.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Linear races, not only illegal? Cool. And I guess less grind because of no lootboxy progression.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I think as much as any old franchise that's a shell of its old self, I really miss looking forward to a new NFS game.

OP
OP
Oct 26, 2017
Such a dissapointment. Can't they get out of the fucking box for once and do something DIFFERENT? Fuck man, does EA ever hear us? Same shit over and over when they have the juice to make much better and unique nfs game. That girl's voice acting just irritated the shit outta me for some reason, not to mention that goofy ' right nowww'. And i don't even need to see any gameplay. Those 5 seconds were enough. Looks exactly the same as nfs 2015 handling wise and judging from this trailer which again looks so freaking repetitive, i can see the devs laziness so i'm not expecting the handling to be any different but we'll see i guess. And 30fps? Nope i ain't touching no goddamn racing game in 30fps. When The Crew came out, i got it for ps4 and game played like a turtle. It was legit unplayable and looked like those old xbox OG racing games full of slow mo and loads of blur. When I tried the crew on PC, game felt like a total different and it was totally enjoyable to the point that I made those hour long races which takes you places from highways to cities then hills and mountains, which was awesome and refreshing. But nope EA will just stick to their core which has failed consequtively through the last years and looks like it's down the same outcome.

1 - Don't call devs lazy
2 - There's a new handling model
3 - Play on PC if you want 60fps, ALL open world racing games are 30fps on base consoles.

SliChillax

Oct 30, 2017
Tirana, Albania
I mean kinda unrelated but if you're so sensitive to 30fps just get a gaming pc?

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap, the Polestar?! That alone may have just sold me on this game.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Looking pretty good, I might say. I really enjoyed 2015 and this could fix the problems I had with it.

bibs

Oct 27, 2017
Looks cool but will wait for the gameplay trailer to decide fully. I'm hoping the campaign is a relatively lengthy one and they take the Forza Horizon route of adding new content each month as an incentive to return to the game

Oct 28, 2017
Description

PRE-ORDER – IMMEDIATE PAYMENT REQUIRED

Hustle by day and risk it all at night in Need for Speed™ Heat, a thrilling race experience that pits you against a city's rogue police force as you battle your way into street racing's elite.

PRE-ORDER the Deluxe Edition and get noticed in Need for Speed™ Heat with the K.S Edition starter car, 3 additional K.S Edition cars unlocked through progression, 4 exclusive character outfits and a REP and BANK boost.

Deluxe Edition Content:
K.S Edition Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Starter Car
Available from start in player garage

K.S Edition BMW i8 Coupe
Available at REP level 10 from player garage

K.S Edition Mercedes C63 AMG Coupe
Available at REP level 14 from player garage

K.S Edition Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport
Available at REP level 18 from player garage

4x Character Outfits
Available in character customization
All items are swappable and fit both male and female avatars

REP Boost
REP rewards increased by 5%

BANK Boost
BANK rewards increased by 5%

In-game purchases optional

For more information on pre-ordering, including how to cancel your pre-order, see the Sony Entertainment Network Terms of Service/User Agreement. Auto-download requires Automatic Login and Auto Sign-In to be enabled on your PS4™ system.

1 player
Network Players 2-16 - Full game requires PlayStation®Plus membership to access online multiplayer
35GB minimum save size
DUALSHOCK®4 Vibration Function
HD Video Output 720p,1080i,1080p

info of deluxe edition on the PSN

also another shitty story, gonna wait for more info since it has HP elements but if it has too much fuckery of the other franchises ill skip it