• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Imerty

Oct 27, 2017
The last NFS that I liked was Hot Pursuit of 2010. That was a great game, especially because it didn't have any of the forced open-world bullshit that's totally useless (you could explore the map if you wanted, but every single race was accessible by a menu). After seeing this trailer I'm not hopeful this is going to be the one that will return to that.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks terrible IMHO.

I'm sure it might play OK, but that cliche story and characters can fuck off

Oh and if those shit upgrade cards are back as well as the shit progression system I ain't buying this game at all.

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
MgWhbx6.png

This part reminded me of Pro Street which is awesome, I liked that game alot.

Feb 8, 2018
The game looks like a mix between Pro Street and Need for Speed 2015

I'm sure we are gonna have a new NFS with shitty soundtracks... something that one day was so remarkable in the series. EA ain't gonna spend a bunch of money on famous songs with different genres that people like.

Not to mention, the EA MTX Edition is coming hard in this game... and you know it.

I'm cool here. Maybe in two or three years I play it.

the Midnight Club 2 main menu music set the bar high for any game of any genre. There are some soundtracks I hate and some that are ok in the original Underground and Most wanted.

Richter1887

Oct 27, 2017
How hard is it to make a simple story like Underground or Most Wanted? Those games were about getting to the top and that's it. That's what made them succeed.

Meanwhile this trailer makes it out as if racers are oppressed. Absolute cringefest.

Dark-VIII

Oct 27, 2017
not feeling it for this trailer
need for speed should forget about the free roaming and focus only on arcade racing trucks design

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Who the hell is this, and why is he spreading bullshit?

From the OP:

So much hate and misinformation going around, READ people. I'm not defending EA, but give them the benefit of the doubt. Damn
Imagine giving the benefit of the doubt to EA on the subject of microtransaction.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The logo looks nice....it's EA though so lol.

Always best to wait a long while for the used copy.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
I like goofy OTT NFS characters - like, I don't want Need for Speed to just be Forza Horizon with less sim-ish handling - and it looks very stylish. Plus the cover car is basically a Volvo which is very funny to me.

No lootboxes is good, but I guess we'll have to see how the cars actually handle, and whether the progression feels reasonable without boosters or whatever.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
Just a reminder for anyone looking for a good racing game this year that actually focuses on great wheel to wheel racing and not a tacked on story,playing avatar dress up and mtx.....there is a new Grid game from Codemasters out in October.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
It looks promising..I can only hope it has elements of Underground and Hot Pursuit but executed correctly this time. I want to be excite but I'll have to wait for some in depth coverage.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
The trailer gave me good Midnight Club vibes, but the tiny bit of gameplay at the end wasn't so hot :/

Let's see, but I didn't played a good NFS since the super underrated The Run (played on PC).

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
Depending on how this is hendled, this could be good.
The Story in Most Wanted and Carbon was just as dumb, I just hope that it serves the gameplay and not the other way around.
The good thing about Most Wanted was that the whole plot with Razor gave you something to work toward TO GET YOUR FUCKING CAR BACK.
I am just scared that they find something to fuck this game over again, just like the always online in 2015 and the Speedcards in Payback.
New handling makes me interested, the last two felt really off somehow, Payback was better but I can't put my finger on it.
Even then judging from the Trailer it didnt look much different.

Lokimaster

Alt Account
Banned
May 12, 2019
Woooo racing games are really getting generic as hell.
I kind of understand why they dont sell as much as they did in the early 2000s

Oracle

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I think it will be good regardless of what most people here will think.

They took a lot of time off from the EA annual formula of pumping out garbage titles. I have a feeling EA will make a huge turn around and this as well as Star Wars is the start of that.

Remember Ubisoft about 3 to 4 years ago? They were cut from the same cloth as EA. Now look at what they put out. As long as you turn your biases off, their titles are actually of high quality and I look forward to each release.

EA knows they cant mess this up, same with star wars. I think lots of crow will be eaten with this game.

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
EA expects this game to sell 4 million copies in 5 months (Nov 2019 - March 2020). Payback sold 2 million physical copies alone. No idea what sales expectations Sony have for Death Stranding but uh, I don't think they're in the same ballpark.

I'd like to be surprised though, Death Stranding has been hyped for years and is the first new IP from one of the most esteemed creators in the industry.

I'll stick my neck out and say that death stranding will sell more than 4 million in that 5 months ( as long as we're talking worldwide now). Horizon sold 7.6 million in a year and I believe the hype behind death stranding will be way stronger, but hey just throwing some guesses out there :)

Favi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Let's see if this new handling model will save Heat for me, because that's the main reason I couldn't get into Ghost's NFS so far. I can even stomach more MTX bullshit if the handling is on point like Hot Pursuit.

Just a reminder for anyone looking for a good racing game this year that actually focuses on great wheel to wheel racing and not a tacked on story,playing avatar dress up and mtx.....there is a new Grid game from Codemasters out in October.
Sadly, Grid is not arcade enough for my liking (I'll still check it anyway).

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They really need to give this series a break.

Like I loved the games on the Gamecube but this looks tired and not worth giving a damn.

Announcing it so close to launch also doesn't help matters.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
I'm up for it! Last Need for Speed I played was… uh, the "new" Hot Pursuit game. I need more racing games in my life again to be honest. Used to be one of my top 3 genres and I feel like playing Forza Horizon 4 has reignited the spark a bit.