• To celebrate the release of Halo: The Master Chief Collection on Steam, Xbox Games Studios has provided 5 Steam copies of the game and 5 Xbox One copies of the game! We will be giving these away in the Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Some Steam copies will also be given away to the PC Gaming Era community.
  • An old favorite feature returns: Q&ERA is back! This time we'll be collecting questions for Remedy Entertainment, makers of Max Payne, Alan Wake, Quantum Break, and Control. Members can submit questions for the next 3 days, 12 hours, 29 minutes, 20 seconds. Submissions will close on Dec 12, 2019 at 12:00 AM.

Need for Speed Heat |OT| Miami Vice

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
best need for speed in a long time

but i really hate the night and day switching....due to rep and crap.....i don't really care for that design

NegroNinja

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone explain the performance customization to me? I have a BMW M3 that I just took to 300+ but my Mitsubishi Lancer I can’t even get to 280 with the same exact upgrades as the BMW. Also when I try to make a drift car or off road car the parts make the car level go down even more with those options. I’m really confused here.

Zephyriel

Oct 27, 2017
Can somebody explain to me engine switching ? They unlock at high levels and are very expensive, but most of them are below or barely over my current setup with the upgraded base engine. Even the max horse power indicated is the same as the base one.

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
Can somebody explain to me engine switching ? They unlock at high levels and are very expensive, but most of them are below or barely over my current setup with the upgraded base engine. Even the max horse power indicated is the same as the base one.
It's simply just changing the engine to like say a VR38 or Viper V10 like in Forza. Sometimes engine swaps helps on a car to make it better...sometimes it doesn't. Here is a rally 458 Convertible I made

Bog

Oct 27, 2017
My buddy Daniel said this game smokes and croaks. If so, I don’t know what to do — Buy it or not?

Zephyriel

Oct 27, 2017
My buddy Daniel said this game smokes and croaks. If so, I don’t know what to do — Buy it or not?
If you have a PC you can always get a month of EA Access for 15€, you get this game as well as Jedi Fallen Order and others.

So you can’t reskin dlc cars ,cause I keep getting errors trying to add underglow or change the color.
First thing I did as ditch the DLC cars. I don't like "bonus" stuff that makes me stronger at the beginning, and I don't want a car that I can't tune since driving my own creation is 50% of the fun in a racing game for me.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
This game is great. It's probably the best NFS since MW if you ask me. It is very close to Forza Horizon which I am very happy about. I love the setting, too. When it rains it looks so beautiful with all the neon and stuff.

Zelda

Oct 25, 2017
Thinking of picking this up as a christmas gift for my nephew. How is the foul language in the game? Appropriate for a 12 - 13 year old?

Rumenapp

Nov 9, 2017

Ryo

Oct 28, 2017
Been playing this the last couple of weeks, I like the way the rep/cash system works a lot, the range of vehicles and customization options are solid and the story is great for the genre.
It's pretty much everything I want from this type of racing game other than the limited soundtrack and handling which is still garbage.

In 90% of cars you either understeer into a field or drift, there isn't an in-between and because of that every time you brake into a corner you aren't really sure how a car will react.
The cars in general aren't satisfying to drive, very rarely do I feel like I've completed an event as well as I could have.

Last edited:

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
Been playing this the last couple of weeks, I like the way the rep/cash system works a lot, the range of vehicles and customization options are solid and the story is great for the genre.
It's pretty much everything I want from this type of racing game other than the limited soundtrack and handling which is still garbage.

In 90% of cars you either understeer into a field or drift, there isn't an in-between and because of that every time you brake into a corner you aren't really sure how a car will react.
The cars in general aren't satisfying to drive, very rarely do I feel like I've completed an event as well as I could have.
Yeah, the handling is weird. It's nowhere near as good as Forza Horizon IMO. I have gotten used to it but I find that it feels like you don't have very precise control over your car which does detract a little from the experience.

I don't mind the day and night thing, I do think that I would prefer the two different types of events to both be on the map and the game to just have a 24 hour cycle. That way you'd get a larger variety of times of day and wouldn't have to be constantly loading into and out of the safe houses.

vici30

Sep 8, 2019
I find the handling acceptable. All the way to the left, cars don't drift unless you pull the handbrake, all the way to the right, they drift even just by turning the wheel. Tune it anything in between for what suits your style.

B-Dex

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
I made a clan. Based on me. If anyone wants to join it on PS4. Got it to 14 myself so far. Dexalicious tag DEXL. I’ll add you next time I logon.

Emick81

Jan 17, 2018
For people still deciding if they want to buy this. I was able to play the free trial yesterday on Xbox as part of a month free trial of EA acces.

Oct 2, 2018
What the fuck is wrong with this game? I’m at the first shop and I can’t buy the beginner nitrous? It seems to need to connect online and it keeps failing. 🤬🤬🤬🤬

ps4pro

Oct 2, 2018
Rebooted the game and it gave me misc messages about NFS being removed and assets being removed. Never mind that I probably have the save on my PS4pro?

And then the nitrous purchase worked.

So impressions. Why is this game so ugly? I'm actually unimpressed with it. I was thinking it'll look better at night but it actually doesnt and the day time world looks like GTA or something. :/ Not sure if its got HDR or what not but there seems to be no visual display settings.

Trying not to be too critical as I'm early but the hokey AF character models look bad and the cutscenes are bad.