• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Good to see that the studio transition didn't hamper the update path too much. I'm curious how much Criterion will continue updating Heat or will they focus on the next NFS for the next gen consoles.

Posted in the last page, supposedly the game will continue to be updated.

But one new car and a variant of another (although free) doesn't seem like great support.

Cantona222

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
I beat the main story and currently working on getting all collectible and doing all side activities except drifts (I will do all Long Jumps and Speed Traps). This will be a long task (about 10 hours) but I am enjoying it. My question is, is it worth it to do all drift activities? I tried few of them casually as I pass by them but they seem very hard to 3-star them. What do you guys suggest?

CielYoshi

May 10, 2018
Santiago, Chile
I beat the main story and currently working on getting all collectible and doing all side activities except drifts (I will do all Long Jumps and Speed Traps). This will be a long task (about 10 hours) but I am enjoying it. My question is, is it worth it to do all drift activities? I tried few of them casually as I pass by them but they seem very hard to 3-star them. What do you guys suggest?
The Drift Zones annoy me to no end. It doesn't help that I dislike drifting in the game. I suggest to check the rewards for doing them and decide if it's worth your time.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Unless they do one for the next 4-6 months. Adding new events helps but yeesh.

The notes for tomorrow's patch are almost endless, lots of small stuff fixed apparently.

€5 for a single car is a bit much even with a campaign (small) associated with, i guess i´ll wait for some impressions on the content.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
My XBox is currently downloading the update as I type this.
I just hope it means i can get past the intro screen finally and actually play the game as I was never able to do so. Tried all of their suggestions. Tried rebooting the game multiple times.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
My XBox is currently downloading the update as I type this.
I just hope it means i can get past the intro screen finally and actually play the game as I was never able to do so. Tried all of their suggestions. Tried rebooting the game multiple times.

That issue should be solved in this update. It´s appalling they took so long to fix the issue on X1.

Can't say anything about the paid car, but the free DB11 does have a mini-campaign associated.

I´ve been doing the DB11 challenges, it´s a mixture of Rivals and car challenges from Most Wanted 2012. It´s ok i guess.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
That issue should be solved in this update. It´s appalling they took so long to fix the issue on X1.
Appalling really is the perfect word for the entire situation. I just aired my grievances on Twitter how ridiculous it is there was no sort of compensation besides a free car I cannot even access yet since I am still Level 17. I know it will probably not even be responded to but had to let him know that shit is ridiculous overall. An entire month I was unable to play the game. I honestly cannot recall the last time a game was so "broken" as this.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
j8Ekdug.png

jYiWk9b.png

zOKVBCy.png

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. I've just been dabbling in the game every now and then after I do the festival playlist on FH4.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dear lord the time trial races are so bad. The tracks are way too narrow and have no sense or rhythm to them. You drive through them so slowly yet can still smash the required time.

I finally feel in a good place with the handling. But I essentially needed to max out a car in the race or drifting direction depending on the event. That and gas to drift helps to reduce me accidentally going into drift mode and losing a ton of speed.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wanted an off-road truck. I bought the Raptor but it was a piece of shit so I sold it soon after. I noticed the C10's stock engine can get to over 1100hp so I figured why not. I'm only rep level 31, so I don't have elite turbos or nitrous yet. But with the rest of the engine elite (approx 700hp) and the five speed, this thing fucking hauls. Already it can crack 205mph with enough room (i.e.: the off-road race on the railroad track). Went max off-road, evenly balanced between race and drift, and driving this thing off-road is a joy. It finally feels like I can modulate a drift in off-road races. Maybe it's having enough power to modulate the throttle and the light rear end but I was left wishing there were more off-road events for me.

What a sleeper vehicle. Did not expect that at all from the cheapest thing in the dealership!

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Hmm tempted to get the game (it's on sale for €25). But plenty of mixed opinions about this game. Really been craving an arcade racer.

Are there a lot of mtx in this game? Any free dlc support?

Also should I just wait for it to get even cheaper like all other NFS games so far. Although this one has held its value the best this gen out of the NFS games

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm tempted to get the game (it's on sale for €25). But plenty of mixed opinions about this game. Really been craving an arcade racer.

Also should I just wait for it to get even cheaper like all other NFS games so far. Although this one has held its value the best this gen out of the NFS games

Some optional MTX for a collectible map. One car is MTX only. There's one free DLC car as well as some extra events but most post launch has been updates and fixes.

It's good with enough time put into it to tune the handling IMO, once you get the right set of parts for you the game feels great. They've given a lot of option to tune the handling how you may like it even if it does take (in-game, earnable only) credits to buy different suspension/tires/diff while you mix and match. Great sense of speed, night time is gorgeous, cops chases feel legitimately stressful with the damage meter and limited repairs to said meter. My only other consistent gripe outside of the early-game handling is there needs to be greater options to control the music. It can get repetitive with certain playlists (it seems) for certain situations (open-world/in-race, day/night).

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Some optional MTX for a collectible map. One car is MTX only. There's one free DLC car as well as some extra events but most post launch has been updates and fixes.

It's good with enough time put into it to tune the handling IMO, once you get the right set of parts for you the game feels great. They've given a lot of option to tune the handling how you may like it even if it does take (in-game, earnable only) credits to buy different suspension/tires/diff while you mix and match. Great sense of speed, night time is gorgeous, cops chases feel legitimately stressful with the damage meter and limited repairs to said meter. My only other consistent gripe outside of the early-game handling is there needs to be greater options to control the music. It can get repetitive with certain playlists (it seems) for certain situations (open-world/in-race, day/night).

Cheers! Read some of the other posts in various threads, and I think the consensus seems to be the best NFS since Most Wanted. And funnily enough that's the last one I have played, and I enjoyed that one a lot! So decided to get NFS Heat

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017

No mtx in the game apart for the dlc they launched, a free car and a paid one for €5 (lol).

In the latest update they fixed a bunch of stuff so the support for the game might end there.

Support for the game is probably dead and still no speedlists in the online like the previous game had.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
No mtx in the game apart for the dlc they launched, a free car and a paid one for €5 (lol).

In the latest update they fixed a bunch of stuff so the support for the game might end there.

Support for the game is probably dead and still no speedlists in the online like the previous game had.

I dont mind that, I actually dislikes GaaS. Feels too much to keep up. I like a fixed amount of content lol 😅

Just hope it's a fun racer. Been ages since I played one

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Got the 2017 NSX. Tuned to full on-road/race with TCS off this thing handles like a dream. Probably the closest I've felt to the Black Box games handling in Heat, you can actually dial in how much slide you want in throttle and steering, and countersteer out of it. The acceleration is brutally fast. But I hear a fully modded Evo is considered the best accelerating car?

Deleted member 8901

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The cop mechanics in this game are fucking terrible. Like how they feel magnetized to you and can just stop on a dime turn around and immediately catch up to you even if you're driving max speed. Seriously makes me want to stop playing it. Coupled with how your car literally spins out trying to accelerate, just so frustrating.

Paid $40 CAD on sale but feel like I should have waited for $20 CAD.

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
The cop mechanics in this game are fucking terrible. Like how they feel magnetized to you and can just stop on a dime turn around and immediately catch up to you even if you're driving max speed. Seriously makes me want to stop playing it. Coupled with how your car literally spins out trying to accelerate, just so frustrating.

just get a better car then you will think "how cops are so bad".
later on you literally can drive in straight line at 5* and lose them

Deleted member 8901

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
just get a better car then you will think "how cops are so bad".
later on you literally can drive in straight line at 5* and lose them

Yeah i was just venting... I'm still early on in the game so maybe I went a little overboard on that comment. it is extremely annoying to have a chase start just as you're arriving at a garage or about to start a race though.

Rean

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah i was just venting... I'm still early on in the game so maybe I went a little overboard on that comment. it is extremely annoying to have a chase start just as you're arriving at a garage or about to start a race though.
it really does suck but it doesnt last that long. just blaze through the story

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Early game...sucks. I didn't really start intentionally going for heat 3+ nights until my car was about 250ish, early on you are just too slow.

The easy trick to shake the cops is to
jump off of ramps around the city, as they often fall in to the water, don't make it, or overshoot the landing.

Until you get better suspension parts to put the power down (pushing it closer to race) the best I did to compensate is play with downforce, traction control and drift type settings in live tuning. Which car are you using?

I beat the story last night, I didn't even realize the game was ending lol. Hoping to hit level 50 and unlock Ultimate+ parts. I'm not sure I'll do all the collectibles...

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Hey guys. Thinking of grabbing this. Haven't played a racer in a while, especially not a NFS game. Is this a good one to start with? Is there a decent amount of content? I take it there's a healthy active online community for it, since gamstats was showing that there's around 800k active monthly users currently?

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's a decent one to come back to, as this was also my first NFS in years. Some events do get repetitive in track design though it is interesting taking the same ones in progressively better cars. The customization and modding remind one of the NFSU/MW glory days. The open world has collectibles that are reward some of the best stock cars in the game. Personally even though you can play "online" there's very little worthwhile interaction in the open world until you get a maxed out (i.e.: 400+ performance rating) car. Every public race I tried was against maxed out monsters lol.

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
I think it's a decent one to come back to, as this was also my first NFS in years. Some events do get repetitive in track design though it is interesting taking the same ones in progressively better cars. The customization and modding remind one of the NFSU/MW glory days. The open world has collectibles that are reward some of the best stock cars in the game. Personally even though you can play "online" there's very little worthwhile interaction in the open world until you get a maxed out (i.e.: 400+ performance rating) car. Every public race I tried was against maxed out monsters lol.
Cheers. That modding concept sounds really good. I know the franchise has struggled to capture that from the Underground 1 and 2 days, but I take it this does a pretty decent job then.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hey bumping this thread for two reason, one to say, hey this is a GOOD need for speed game! Dont sleep on it, and two to ask what happened to the need for speed shift series? If you dont remember they were ea's attempt to enter the world of sim racing. The first one sold well the second slightly less so, but they were both really good racing sims. From what i understand project cars is sort of an evolution of those games but do you think ea would ever give the shift series another shot?

Makeno

Dec 4, 2018
Been playing this over the last week.

Story is zzzz but honestly I don't even pay attention to what's happening, really the worst part is the the mini drive @ 30mph on story missions. Other than that and how boring drift events are this is really good. Sense of speed is great, I've found the handling on the cars I've used so far has been nice and varied, especially with the live tuning stuff + upgrades that you can feel. The world is much better designed than the last Need for Speed (haven't played Payback) and it's nice having Day and Night for a bit of variety. Once I got used to when i need to drift and when I need to hold a decent line and just steer I really started to enjoy just driving around. Soundtrack isn't too bad? Couple of songs I can actually vibe with but I do think they fucked up by taking away the music while you're evading the police. That's what it's all about!

Rubbing banding is insane but I think the game manages to deal with it by making 2nd and 3rd rewarding enough. I've only just hit around 210 and I played a race at 160, managed to lap most of the pack but still come second by like half a second. End of the race and the ai that beat me had the lowest upgrade score out of every car lol 132 or something

If they could get the tone right for the story stuff and maybe tinker a bit with the progress and systems I think they'd have the recipe for a classic. They should ape the Ridge Racer Type 4 aesthetic for the tone for the UI aesthetic, music and character interactions, maybe? Just once? Just me?

I might just be thinking that because I get Ridge Racer vibes on some of these corners. Especially with the nos charge on drift.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Grabbed this on the steam sale as my first EA on steam title... gotta ask whats the point of putting it on steam if its still gotta open Origin to play it..........

Anyway only put about an hour on it and am enjoying it so far. The PC performance is a bit weird though for me. It's weirdly unstable sometimes but other than that I'm enjoying it. It's been a long time since I played a street racer title. Oddly sparce traffic though, like almost feels nonexistant.

Oct 28, 2017
I just got this game yeasterday.
How are they keep effin' up the car controls in 2019?! It's awful! Impossible to know where the car will end up thanks to the shitty drifting mechanic, but without it the car just won't turn.
I'm shocked, and wasn't expecting NFS Carbon to be the better NFS game I play this year.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just got this game yeasterday.
How are they keep effin' up the car controls in 2019?! It's awful! Impossible to know where the car will end up thanks to the shitty drifting mechanic, but without it the car just won't turn.
I'm shocked, and wasn't expecting NFS Carbon to be the better NFS game I play this year.

I was in the same boat. Did you start with the 240? I felt the same way about it with that car no matter how I changed it up I couldn't get it how I liked it. For me, I eventually made cars go full race and that felt fine to me. More Black Box powersides versus Ghost Games "drift mode". With better cars the game does feel better, and since I play more grip I take the brake to drift option off (switch it to gas double tap) to reduce the amount of accidental drifts.

Oct 28, 2017
I was in the same boat. Did you start with the 240? I felt the same way about it with that car no matter how I changed it up I couldn't get it how I liked it. For me, I eventually made cars go full race and that felt fine to me. More Black Box powersides versus Ghost Games "drift mode". With better cars the game does feel better, and since I play more grip I take the brake to drift option off (switch it to gas double tap) to reduce the amount of accidental drifts.
Yup started with the Nissan. I'll might just start the game over with the BMW, because this is unenjoyable.

Oct 28, 2017
So 16 hours in:
-Starting cars were gutter trash
-still haven't nailed down how drifting works (but easily achieving triple the target score at story events going wall to wall lmao)
-cops are actually ridiculous
Think I'll finish the game, but Carbon being better than this even in 2020 (what the hell happened to autosculpt?!) still stands.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So 16 hours in:
-Starting cars were gutter trash
-still haven't nailed down how drifting works (but easily achieving triple the target score at story events going wall to wall lmao)
-cops are actually ridiculous
Think I'll finish the game, but Carbon being better than this even in 2020 (what the hell happened to autosculpt?!) still stands.

Yeah, the drifting is really... digital it feels. At least with the car I eventually settled on for drifting (240Z max drift build) it was hard to adjust angle mid-drift. My drifts were certainly not pretty. It might be a parts thing again but they are so easy I just flailed around in the Z till I made the score and prayed for no cops.

The game didn't feel perfect to me until I got the new NSX. There I finally got the game to give me more of the powersliding feel of games like Carbon (i.e.: handbrake turns to get more angle in a turn to slightly drift around a corner, with the throttle actually giving you more angle through the turn if you need it) without the car going into what Heat considers a drift. I believe they are considered separate because taking the NSX to a drift event and driving as I normally do and I barely got any points. Using the input Heat teaches you to drift (brake to drift/double-tap) did, however.

I think it's a good game, much better than 2015, but Carbon by far nails certain aspects (like drifting!) way better.

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, the drifting is really... digital it feels. At least with the car I eventually settled on for drifting (240Z max drift build) it was hard to adjust angle mid-drift. My drifts were certainly not pretty. It might be a parts thing again but they are so easy I just flailed around in the Z till I made the score and prayed for no cops.

The game didn't feel perfect to me until I got the new NSX. There I finally got the game to give me more of the powersliding feel of games like Carbon (i.e.: handbrake turns to get more angle in a turn to slightly drift around a corner, with the throttle actually giving you more angle through the turn if you need it) without the car going into what Heat considers a drift. I believe they are considered separate because taking the NSX to a drift event and driving as I normally do and I barely got any points. Using the input Heat teaches you to drift (brake to drift/double-tap) did, however.

I think it's a good game, much better than 2015, but Carbon by far nails certain aspects (like drifting!) way better.
I currently have a Lotus Exige for on track racing and a Mitsubishi Evo IX rally build and they both handle really vell. I built an RX-7 for drifting out of tradition, but as you said, impossible to controll it mid-drift and the damn thing can barely go in a straight line so good luck if the cops show up while driving it.

Oct 27, 2017
I am wondering if this game will get next-gen love outside of backwards compatibility. Maybe 60fps? It is nice this game has cross-play now. Has me contemplating selling my PS4 copy for PC version so can run at a higher frame rate or at least 60 fps.

Gorgosh

Oct 26, 2017
Kinda necrobumping, but can anyone help me out and invite me to a level 50 crew? I need it for the Trophy and can't find an active one anymore :(
PSN: Tryckser

Gorgosh

Oct 26, 2017
Did you ever manage this? I need to do the same thing.
I went over to PSNPROFILES and messaged a few people there and got an invite after a few days. After you get the trophy you are encouraged to leave the Crew, so I can't say who exactly I messaged anymore. Go here:

Need for Speed Heat

PS4 • Trophies • Guides

edit: I actually got it from reddit, but got an invite from psnprofiles after I got it too. So you can try reddit too.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I went over to PSNPROFILES and messaged a few people there and got an invite after a few days. After you get the trophy you are encouraged to leave the Crew, so I can't say who exactly I messaged anymore. Go here:

Need for Speed Heat

PS4 • Trophies • Guides

edit: I actually got it from reddit, but got an invite from psnprofiles after I got it too. So you can try reddit too.

Cheers will try it!