• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Wait a sec, I'm still early hours in this, but how does getting arrested work? I was whittling down a police car to take it out, and had a few others on my tail. I sideswipe (shunt?) the police car, and I'm going about 100+ mph. Then it just cuts to a "YOU ARE BUSTED" screen and shows me being arrested. Do I have a health bar or something?? I figured they had to stop me?

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
You do have a health bar. It's near your speedometer and nos is. Early game I would do my best to avoid cops.

zephiross

Mar 27, 2018
A few more pics (1080p ultra) :
1573681467-0004.jpg

1573681467-0005.jpg

this game would look even better with raytraced reflexions

MaritalWheat

Oct 28, 2017
Been craving a fun, simple arcade racer with a good sense of speed & tight controls. Loving this, much moreso than Forza Horizon 4 actually. Just feels punchier and much more of that 'edge of your seat' feeling at high speeds.

Games like this really make me appreciate Game Pass esque services. Subbed to EA Premium for a couple months of fun with this and the Star Wars game, and then I'll happily unsub until the next thing catches my eye.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Been craving a fun, simple arcade racer with a good sense of speed & tight controls. Loving this, much moreso than Forza Horizon 4 actually. Just feels punchier and much more of that 'edge of your seat' feeling at high speeds.

Games like this really make me appreciate Game Pass esque services. Subbed to EA Premium for a couple months of fun with this and the Star Wars game, and then I'll happily unsub until the next thing catches my eye.

Forza Horizon has always been weak in terms of making you feel like you're actually driving car at 200+ mph, just feels way too "smooth" with zero grit. It doesn't help that that game has weak sound design and engine sounds.

Groundking

Oct 31, 2017
I'm still not done with my trial but I cant quite get the double tap the trigger to drift through turns. I thought you could basically race through this with losing minimal speed by braking but it seems you have to double tap to drift through turns and keep your speed up. Basically getting that timing down is all I need. Ohh but when you pull it off and drift through a turn with inches to spare against the wall/dividers *chef's kiss*

Showcross suspension and diff with Drag tyers are your friend for drifting, but if you're doing races just tune fully to track and have downforce maxed, drifting round corners in races is the slow way to do it.

Anyway finished my second wrap last night on my 180sx drift machine monster.

ethranes

A King's Landing
Oct 27, 2017
Let me tell you the dumbest thing about this game. You can't start a new game.

zephiross

Mar 27, 2018
You can't, it's all on the server
Well you could try deleting the save, going offline, and launching the game. Maybe that could work (it's not the least bit convienient I know...) but I don't know which save the game will keep once you go back online though (I assume it would be the most recent one)

Groundking

Oct 31, 2017
Just when i thought the game crashing bullshit was over i had 2 crashes tonight whilst i had a big rep multiplier :( i can't believe the games been allowed to be released in this state

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
The performance is pretty bad. Game can't even hold 60fps properly at 1080 Ultra on a 2070 Super. Meanwhile I can play Horizon 4 at 4K60 with maxed settings and it barely even drops a frame.

Deleted member 43514

User requested account closure
Banned
May 16, 2018
The only thing I don't like is that you don't earn enough money even sticking with one car like the deluxe corvette until the main narrative is over and you're in the 310+ performance bracket. I love all the throwback cars (UG2 350z, MW M3, etc) and racing at night is addictive.

Once you have the elite damage reduction/increase, cop chases are a lot more fun

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
I'm currently playing the 10h trial on EA Access, and having a blast. Performance is pretty mediocre on my GTX 1060 laptop but still perfectly playable, except for occasional 5-10 seconds freezes that seem to be related to loading. I'm considering buying the game, but don't want to pay full price for it, so when I finish my trial I guess I will have to wait a bit.

Ah shit it's the same thing they did with the Crew. Better not sneeze, you're never seeing those cut scenes again in your life.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
oh for fucks sake. Why do developers do this? You cant do it in either Crew games either. Crew 2 is actually the worst because it doesnt even let you pick another character. Once you choose a look, you are stuck with it forever.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
That reminds me of AC Syndicate where you literally had to go to your save game folder, delete them and then you literally had to disable cloud saves too before you could start again.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Had 3 hard locks on Sunday that forced me to unplug my PS4 Pro to clear them, only one soft lock that I COULD get out of without unplugging. Game needs a patch before I play it again. I have way too many installed games (I'm 100% percent digital this gen) to have to initialize the system if this game ends up corrupting the HDD.

It seems like a decent game, but they need to fix the crash issues.

Just had my first hard crash. The error message on PS4 kept saying please wait and closing the game did not work. Had to shut down the console via power button. This was while roaming the city at night after buying a new car.

microtubule

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't touched an NFS game since Hot Pursuit. Glad I listened to some on Era - few hours in and I can see putting many more hours into it. Reminds me in a good cheesy way of the original Most Wanted which was a guilty pleasure for me.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
UGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH I'm out.

Night missions get too annoying. All I wanted to do was some drift trials with my drift car and I end up getting level for notority. I literally cannot escape because it's 6 cops against my slow ass Impreza which can't outrun anything ever.

I hate how attacking cop cars is basically useless. I take more damage shunting them then I do running into hard objects. It's incredibly frustrating that the only agency you ever get is to try and find a bridge when you're being chased as cops don't seem to understand how they work.

An entire night's playthrough reset because I can't fight back against the cops. Forget it.

Groundking

Oct 31, 2017

Night missions get too annoying. All I wanted to do was some drift trials with my drift car and I end up getting level for notority. I literally cannot escape because it's 6 cops against my slow ass Impreza which can't outrun anything ever.

I hate how attacking cop cars is basically useless. I take more damage shunting them then I do running into hard objects. It's incredibly frustrating that the only agency you ever get is to try and find a bridge when you're being chased as cops don't seem to understand how they work.

An entire night's playthrough reset because I can't fight back against the cops. Forget it.

Cops aren't an issue when you get past 350 rating and just find jumps to lose them

FerryF1

Feb 18, 2018

With some cars you do quite a bit of damage against the cop cars. For instance, my Nissan GTR R35 wrecks cops in about 2 or 3 hits from the side. If i rear-end them, or hit them from the front, they usually have just a slither of health left

OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Patch tomorrow

Update Notes
Environment - Night race intros

You've reported long loading screens before the start of races, and we have made an effort to reduce these. While we hope you'll notice this improvement, you might also notice something else. When you play after the update, the visual effects will be less spectacular during the intro and start of a night race. More specifically, there'll be no fancy lights, smoke, fire or spectator's cars. While this isn't ideal, we wanted to improve the stability and reduce loading times in the short run, and we are aiming at bringing back these effects in a future update.

Fixes
No Bank or Rep rewards awarded for playing the first races in the game.

Some players would not earn any Bank or Rep rewards when they first played the game. Prior to the update, this could be resolved by restarting the game - which should no longer be necessary now, as it shouldn't be happening anymore in the first place.

Inventory sync error

There were rare cases where upon choosing "Play Solo" or "Play Online", players would be prompted with a message that their local and online inventories do not match, and asking if they wanted to sync them. In a few cases, when choosing yes, Bank and cars would disappear, while story progression and Rep level remained.

We're sorry this happened - it should now no longer occur, and players should find the Pre-Order and Deluxe cars again in the dealership to purchase for 0 Bank.

Crashes & Freezes

You reported that using community wraps or wraps with a high amount of layers could cause some issues. We've taken a closer look, and this should no longer cause the game to crash.

Additionally, we fixed some other instances where the game could freeze or crash, which should increase the overall stability of the game client.

Other fixes:

Fixed an issue where trial users could experience an extended black screen when they first launched the game.

Fixed an issue where players were unable to invite crew members using the search function.

Fixed an issue where using a specific controller on PC could crash the game.

Release Timing - November 21st
PC - 09:00 UTC

PS4 - 10:00 UTC

Xbox One - 11:00 UTC

Estimated File Sizes
PC - 852 MB

PS4 - TBA

Xbox One - TBA

x1om1edrgqz31.png

OldDirtyGamer

Apr 14, 2019
This game is a CPU killer .
I thought I was gonna like this one but I'm getting annoyed with it already . I'll still give it some more time tho

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019

This is enough to keep me from buying the game. Annoying cops constantly on your ass is no fun when you're given nothing to effectively deal with them. Hot Pursuit 2010 was so great on that regard.

Note the word playing, and not sales. Almost certainly including EA access trials in that statement.

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
Tried it on the free basic trial and I'm impressed. No more bad handling is the biggest positive so far

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Alright y'all. I'm one of those tired ass fans who considers the Underground titles the peak of this franchise. Could I enjoy this? I did kind of like Need for Speed 2015.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Alright y'all. I'm one of those tired ass fans who considers the Underground titles the peak of this franchise. Could I enjoy this? I did kind of like Need for Speed 2015.

If you enjoyed Most Wanted 2005 and the chases of Hot Pursuit 2010 you´re gonna love this game.