• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
There's no real trick to escaping pursuits, right? I was able to outrun then a few times, but the last couple have had ordinary cruisers keeping up with me at 180+, so I'm completely out of ideas. I'm in a Silvia, which sure as shit isn't gonna ram them off the road.

Carian Knight

Oct 27, 2017
Turkey
I'm enjoying this lot more than the FH4, the map is interesting and it feels a lot more organic than both 2015 and Payback, exceptional engine and exhaust sounds, fantastic customization, and much better driving model. All I want from them is to remove the cringey story elements (I also don't like the over the top festival stuff of FH3-4's) replace it with UG2's modernized story or make it something more akin to Horizon 1 rest of the game is super fun.

6hrb3r6twxz31.png

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
There's no real trick to escaping pursuits, right? I was able to outrun then a few times, but the last couple have had ordinary cruisers keeping up with me at 180+, so I'm completely out of ideas. I'm in a Silvia, which sure as shit isn't gonna ram them off the road.
One of the best way to escape pursuits is finding jumps. Like there's one that's near the beach/coast in the city where you could be able to use the jump and escape them.

Rayder

Jun 15, 2018
Cleveland, Ohio
Escaping the cops is easy, I haven't been caught yet. Just take lots of turns, cut through....anywhere you can, and as soon as it says you escaped, hit a hideout.

FerryF1

Feb 18, 2018
Patch tomorrow
Update Notes
Environment - Night race intros

You've reported long loading screens before the start of races, and we have made an effort to reduce these. While we hope you'll notice this improvement, you might also notice something else. When you play after the update, the visual effects will be less spectacular during the intro and start of a night race. More specifically, there'll be no fancy lights, smoke, fire or spectator's cars. While this isn't ideal, we wanted to improve the stability and reduce loading times in the short run, and we are aiming at bringing back these effects in a future update.

Wait what???
Why would they remove stuff...?
I loved those spectacular visual effects AND didnt have long loading times.
Why EA, why would you disadvantage certain players by removing stuff?

Just make it an option or something so people can choose. smh

OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Wait what???

Oh that got blowback and now, they confirmed it's coming back.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Wait what???

It's temporary, relax.

Played a bit today and didn't bother me at all. Didn't notice much change in the loading times but before it was fine for me.

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
So I played 5 hours of the trial (because I just now got the email for the EA Basic). I really like the handling and day/night thing so far. Although the PC port seems very....unoptimized at places. Anyways here is my Spirit Rei RPS13
ZvvdWf6.jpg

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah just started it up, and I can't get 60 FPS on a 1070, even on Medium. That doesn't seem right.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
The performance isn't great and the settings don't seem to do much. I'm on a 2070 Super and still get some random slowdown at night even at 1080p.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
I'm enjoying this lot more than the FH4, the map is interesting and it feels a lot more organic than both 2015 and Payback, exceptional engine and exhaust sounds, fantastic customization, and much better driving model. All I want from them is to remove the cringey story elements (I also don't like the over the top festival stuff of FH3-4's) replace it with UG2's modernized story or make it something more akin to Horizon 1 rest of the game is super fun.

Damn

I'm def interested after this post

Till this day, my all time favorite arcade racer is still Midnight Club LA. Is it anyway at least a bit like that?
I also can't stand FH's douchey as hell festival premise/vibe

Ferdie

Jul 16, 2018
Rain tanks the framerate massively. Combine that with all the lights and reflections at night and it's not very pretty.

I just said screw it and turned off fps counter. It's bearable on freesync display.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Have to say after spending a few hours it's actually quite a nice NFS game. I'm evening finding the day time visuals mostly fine and even great given the right lighting conditions. Night time looks incredible and I still maintain they should have just went the Underground route and made the entire game in it. Foundations of the game are super solid, everything from the handling, visuals and sound design are done well. The engine sounds are throaty and satisfying which is exactly what you want in an arcade racer.

Cutscenes as expected are not great, they need to make it more self aware and goofy. The sense of progression is decent but I can already see why some people would find it grindy. I still prefer something like this to something like Horizon 4 where you just do whatever you want whenever you want and winning doesn't even matter. The biggest complaint I have is the lack of cockpit view, every decent racer should have one by now.

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Started playing free trial version last night. I think it's pretty good. Handling isn't great, but it's not the worst I ever experienced in a game, and by god does the game look pretty. Just wish they'd up the number of cars on the roads - it doesn't look as empty as the still screens implied, but it's not great. I guess it's a performance hit, but many games feature a "crowd density" option that can be adjusted. :/

Oct 25, 2017
Just got this game on sale on the Xbox black friday sale. This game deserved way more hype in the buildup to launch - it's fantastic. The dumb over-the-top story is delightful so far (I'm about 6-7 hours in) and the gameplay loop of day & night is addicting and well-executed.

I'd encourage anyone with even a cursory interest in the series to pick up this game, it feels like the first proper return to the MW/Carbon days and it's flying way too far under the radar.

SliChillax

Oct 30, 2017
Tirana, Albania
Started playing free trial version last night. I think it's pretty good. Handling isn't great, but it's not the worst I ever experienced in a game, and by god does the game look pretty. Just wish they'd up the number of cars on the roads - it doesn't look as empty as the still screens implied, but it's not great. I guess it's a performance hit, but many games feature a "crowd density" option that can be adjusted. :/
Handling gets better once you get performance upgrades and faster cars so it definitely gets better

The007JiM

Oct 25, 2017
I ws searching this thread.
Playing now on PC story mode just reached 21 REP.
I don`t have any options to customize my cars, Says unavailable. Is a glitch or i need to unlock customization mode?

I can't install the studio on my phone, so i can't even apply a different colour :/

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
It´s already €39 here in Portugal in some stores. No reason not to grab it.

The007JiM

Oct 25, 2017
I ws searching this thread.
Playing now on PC story mode just reached 21 REP.
I don`t have any options to customize my cars, Says unavailable. Is a glitch or i need to unlock customization mode?

I can't install the studio on my phone, so i can't even apply a different colour :/
Any help? Is this normal until a certain point in the story? I can't customize any cars.

Zelus

Oct 27, 2017
Just got this game on sale on the Xbox black friday sale. This game deserved way more hype in the buildup to launch - it's fantastic. The dumb over-the-top story is delightful so far (I'm about 6-7 hours in) and the gameplay loop of day & night is addicting and well-executed.

I'd encourage anyone with even a cursory interest in the series to pick up this game, it feels like the first proper return to the MW/Carbon days and it's flying way too far under the radar.
Did you play the 2015 version? If so, what did you think of it in comparison to this one? I absolutely loved 2015.

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
Did you play the 2015 version? If so, what did you think of it in comparison to this one? I absolutely loved 2015.
I played NFS 2015 (I put a LOT of hours into it). Unlike 2015, you can make actual grip builds since drifting no longer gains speed. Drifting is a bit weird on Heat tho. In the past 2 Ghost Games drifting was the way to go. Cops I feel need adjusting (I haven't gotten busted yet). Until you get to Rep level 50, I don't think there's much incentive to go out at night (aside from Ultimate parts of course)

caff!!!

Oct 29, 2017
I just played a bit of NFS 2015 with origin basic and the grip handling in it feels real basic compared to heat

Zelus

Oct 27, 2017
I played NFS 2015 (I put a LOT of hours into it). Unlike 2015, you can make actual grip builds since drifting no longer gains speed. Drifting is a bit weird on Heat tho. In the past 2 Ghost Games drifting was the way to go. Cops I feel need adjusting (I haven't gotten busted yet). Until you get to Rep level 50, I don't think there's much incentive to go out at night (aside from Ultimate parts of course)
Cool, thanks. I was actually full drift in the 2015 version so I may have some issues with this one... We'll see though.

Oct 25, 2017

I did play 2015, platinumed it and enjoyed it a lot. And even so I think Heat is way better.

The gameplay loop of earning rep in cop chases / night races to unlock stuff, then doing day races to earn money to spend on said stuff, is really addicting. Cop chases are super risk/reward depending on how much time you spend out at night but I think it adds some much needed tension that 2015 never really had in its cop chases.

If you liked 2015 I see no reason why you wouldn't love Heat. In my opinion Heat is an improvement in nearly every department. At least I have yet to find an area where it's worse.

Zelus

Oct 27, 2017
I did play 2015, platinumed it and enjoyed it a lot. And even so I think Heat is way better.

The gameplay loop of earning rep in cop chases / night races to unlock stuff, then doing day races to earn money to spend on said stuff, is really addicting. Cop chases are super risk/reward depending on how much time you spend out at night but I think it adds some much needed tension that 2015 never really had in its cop chases.

If you liked 2015 I see no reason why you wouldn't love Heat. In my opinion Heat is an improvement in nearly every department. At least I have yet to find an area where it's worse.
Wow, that's great. Thanks. I absolutely loved 2015. I can't believe Heat might even be better. Great news!

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thinking of getting this on Black Friday since it's $40. Have been having trouble finding info on it, but is there a Speedwall in this one? And if so, is at least that aspect cross-platform?

never

Oct 28, 2017
I got this on the black friday sale and it's a blast. My favorite need for speed in a long time. If you're on the fence, definitely try it out.