• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
best need for speed in a long time

but i really hate the night and day switching....due to rep and crap.....i don't really care for that design

NegroNinja

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone explain the performance customization to me? I have a BMW M3 that I just took to 300+ but my Mitsubishi Lancer I can't even get to 280 with the same exact upgrades as the BMW. Also when I try to make a drift car or off road car the parts make the car level go down even more with those options. I'm really confused here.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
KUdsqg4.png

wbWhd0C.png

r6I1dAu.png

QT8oqlq.png

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Can somebody explain to me engine switching ? They unlock at high levels and are very expensive, but most of them are below or barely over my current setup with the upgraded base engine. Even the max horse power indicated is the same as the base one.

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
Can somebody explain to me engine switching ? They unlock at high levels and are very expensive, but most of them are below or barely over my current setup with the upgraded base engine. Even the max horse power indicated is the same as the base one.
It's simply just changing the engine to like say a VR38 or Viper V10 like in Forza. Sometimes engine swaps helps on a car to make it better...sometimes it doesn't. Here is a rally 458 Convertible I made

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My buddy Daniel said this game smokes and croaks. If so, I don't know what to do — Buy it or not?

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
My buddy Daniel said this game smokes and croaks. If so, I don't know what to do — Buy it or not?

If you have a PC you can always get a month of EA Access for 15€, you get this game as well as Jedi Fallen Order and others.

So you can't reskin dlc cars ,cause I keep getting errors trying to add underglow or change the color.

First thing I did as ditch the DLC cars. I don't like "bonus" stuff that makes me stronger at the beginning, and I don't want a car that I can't tune since driving my own creation is 50% of the fun in a racing game for me.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
This game is great. It's probably the best NFS since MW if you ask me. It is very close to Forza Horizon which I am very happy about. I love the setting, too. When it rains it looks so beautiful with all the neon and stuff.

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thinking of picking this up as a christmas gift for my nephew. How is the foul language in the game? Appropriate for a 12 - 13 year old?

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017

Ryo

Oct 28, 2017
Been playing this the last couple of weeks, I like the way the rep/cash system works a lot, the range of vehicles and customization options are solid and the story is great for the genre.
It's pretty much everything I want from this type of racing game other than the limited soundtrack and handling which is still garbage.

In 90% of cars you either understeer into a field or drift, there isn't an in-between and because of that every time you brake into a corner you aren't really sure how a car will react.
The cars in general aren't satisfying to drive, very rarely do I feel like I've completed an event as well as I could have.

Last edited:

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
Been playing this the last couple of weeks, I like the way the rep/cash system works a lot, the range of vehicles and customization options are solid and the story is great for the genre.
It's pretty much everything I want from this type of racing game other than the limited soundtrack and handling which is still garbage.

In 90% of cars you either understeer into a field or drift, there isn't an in-between and because of that every time you brake into a corner you aren't really sure how a car will react.
The cars in general aren't satisfying to drive, very rarely do I feel like I've completed an event as well as I could have.

Yeah, the handling is weird. It's nowhere near as good as Forza Horizon IMO. I have gotten used to it but I find that it feels like you don't have very precise control over your car which does detract a little from the experience.

I don't mind the day and night thing, I do think that I would prefer the two different types of events to both be on the map and the game to just have a 24 hour cycle. That way you'd get a larger variety of times of day and wouldn't have to be constantly loading into and out of the safe houses.

vici30

Sep 8, 2019
I find the handling acceptable. All the way to the left, cars don't drift unless you pull the handbrake, all the way to the right, they drift even just by turning the wheel. Tune it anything in between for what suits your style.

B-Dex

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver
I made a clan. Based on me. If anyone wants to join it on PS4. Got it to 14 myself so far. Dexalicious tag DEXL. I'll add you next time I logon.

Emick81

Jan 17, 2018
For people still deciding if they want to buy this. I was able to play the free trial yesterday on Xbox as part of a month free trial of EA acces.

Oct 2, 2018
What the fuck is wrong with this game? I'm at the first shop and I can't buy the beginner nitrous? It seems to need to connect online and it keeps failing. 🤬🤬🤬🤬

ps4pro

Oct 2, 2018
Rebooted the game and it gave me misc messages about NFS being removed and assets being removed. Never mind that I probably have the save on my PS4pro?

And then the nitrous purchase worked.

So impressions. Why is this game so ugly? I'm actually unimpressed with it. I was thinking it'll look better at night but it actually doesnt and the day time world looks like GTA or something. :/ Not sure if its got HDR or what not but there seems to be no visual display settings.

Trying not to be too critical as I'm early but the hokey AF character models look bad and the cutscenes are bad.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How is this game if I loved Horizon 4? I also really enjoyed Burnout Paradise, Testdrive Unlimited, NfS Most Wanted and Underground and others. Also, is the PC performance still not good? I don't really play below 1440p/60 FPS anymore to be honest.

mujun

Nov 1, 2017
How is this game if I loved Horizon 4? I also really enjoyed Burnout Paradise, Testdrive Unlimited, NfS Most Wanted and Underground and others. Also, is the PC performance still not good? I don't really play below 1440p/60 FPS anymore to be honest.

It's going for something similar to Forza Horizon and does a reasonable job of it. That being said I got frustrated by the need to grind rep to open missions, cars, etc. Not to mention the fact that you can only really do it at night and only really make money during the day. It's an unnecessary split of activities that makes the game more tedious than it needs to be. It forces you to load into and out of the garage a lot. I'd rather that the cars were just progressively more expensive, upgrades too. I don't see the need for what amounts to two currencies to progress. I also didn't understand the upgrade system. Some cars I bought seemed to have lots of upgrades available right from the start which meant they had room to grow, while the upgrades of others were locked behind really high rep levels. Then you can't sell the car if you aren't happy with it. It was really close to being great for me but didn't quite get there.

datamage

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone with the PC version running this at 4K? Game itself seems to run all right, but the menus are extremely laggy in 4K. (Like when you're in the garage.)

banter

Jan 12, 2018
I have to say, I'm quite impressed with this game. The only thing I'm underwhelmed with is drifting (just doesn't have a good feel to it imo) and the soundtrack (WAY too many slow and low tempo songs to be the tracks for a racing game).

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
There should be a skip button to skip the race result screen. It takes so long to get out of a race.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
I finally found a car that feels good to drift (R32 GT-R). Now I'm just frustrated with how ridiculous the cops get at higher heat levels, you can ram them into a wall at 150mph and somehow they never lose sight of you and are right back on your ass in two seconds. I Can understand making savage cops, but when you watch them go 0-200mph in half a second, it's really stupid, especially when they are in crown victorias or chargers. The corvette cops are damn near indestructible yet they'll wreck my reinforced framed corvette in a couple hits. This is what always annoyed me about the NFS titles that include cops. They have magic billion horsepower indestructible vehicles.

Ran into a strange issue last night... the game loaded fine, but there was no sound. It couldn't connect to the servers so I played for a little bit, till I couldn't take it anymore.

I just finished playing (finished the first chapter), and it's working as it should. Hopefully connecting to the EA servers won't be an issue for me... 🤞🏾

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
For now...NFS is gonna be on the backburner for me until I get the cars in the Eliminator tiers in FH4. on the bright side, just got all the utlimate+ parts and have $7.5 mil to spend (gonna try to get more money)

OP
OP
mreddie

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Now to get in and finish the game. I just hope they'll get new car announcements by the new year.

dr.rocktopus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I finally started this.

The handling still feels weird but I feel like the drifting is slightly less automatic. I feel I can put in some countersteer to pull out of a slide when I want though gas doesn't seem to do much. Live Tuning helps so much to start to get the game where I like it.

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
So I finally started this.

The handling still feels weird but I feel like the drifting is slightly less automatic. I feel I can put in some countersteer to pull out of a slide when I want though gas doesn't seem to do much. Live Tuning helps so much to start to get the game where I like it.
I also advise you to best avoid cops early game. Especially with how low performance your car is. Unless you can find other races to loop and have cops spawn there instead of where you want to go.

bibs

Oct 27, 2017
Once you unlock the fast cars the game does really become a blast. However, there are some ways to cheese the game with the Porsche RSR essentially being a broken car, meaning once you unlock is early in the game, you are basically untouchable. Same for the police, that one jump on the outer edges of the city means you can take out every single police officer chasing you at once, even at Heat Level 5, making chases relatively simple to escape once you have a fast enough car. Despite this, this NFS is easily the best one this gen and hopefully there will be future content updates over the course of the next few months to build on the excellent base they have here.

KRaZyAmmo

Oct 25, 2017
anyone else find nighyt pics hard to take pictures of in photo mode? There seems be some sort of stupid effect going on with the lighting and stuff that affects the camera which doesn't look great.

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
anyone else find nighyt pics hard to take pictures of in photo mode? There seems be some sort of stupid effect going on with the lighting and stuff that affects the camera which doesn't look great.

Probably the reflections of the scenery and the lens flares? Some lights bounce off the wrong places.

LjkZ3u2.png

EQb7XK3.png

Acm2P90.png