• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Isamu

Dec 18, 2017
Downtown Rave City
Hi guys. I'm having trouble summoning the recruit I want to fight along side me. When I go into the recruit menu and select the recruit I want to summon, the little yellow dot is shown next to their character portrait, but upon pressing L to summon him/her, the default recruit(guy with the Elvis style haircut and the first one on the list) always gets summoned instead of the one I chose. Sometimes the big tiger looking guy comes out but it seems random. Is this a glitch? How do I get the exact recruit I want to summon to actually come out and fight? For what it's worth, I'm using MoArtis' UserXpMod but haven't changed anything regarding recruits. Could this have anything to do with it? Please let me know.

Oct 25, 2017
....the heck is RCG?

I think you're gonna need to be a touch more detailed about what game you're talking about, and maybe provide some screenshots.

(Also, take the tiger guy anyway, I don't care what game it is the tiger guy is gonna be awesome.)

Nov 9, 2017
Réunion
You're talking about River City Girls, right? From what I know, the only way to change your recruit is to "capture" them, so if you want someone in particular you have to search for them and hope that you can recruit them at the end of a battle. If not, try again.

Oct 8, 2019
I assume it has something to do with the mod because thats not how recruits work in the regular game. In the regular game you recruit someone by them surrendering and then you summon them.

I dont use mods because I own it for the ps4 so I know nothing about how to fix the mod but I would ask the question on the mod's page on steam.

OP
OP
Isamu

Isamu

Dec 18, 2017
Downtown Rave City
I assume it has something to do with the mod because thats not how recruits work in the regular game. In the regular game you recruit someone by them surrendering and then you summon them.

I dont use mods because I own it for the ps4 so I know nothing about how to fix the mod but I would ask the question on the mod's page on steam.

Thanks guys. Wow I did **NOT** know that is how the recruits work! All this time I was under the assumption that you can summon the one you want, by simply going into the recruits menu, and manually selecting them by highlighting them, and then you can summon that particular recruit any time , after you select them within the menu.

So what you're telling me, is that it doesn't work that way, and that you can only summon the last one that you just recruited at that time, and they will be the one to come out and fight until you recruit the next one, which will replace the previous one automatically....is this correct?

Oh and the mod is just a qol mod that doesn't affect recruits at all.