• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
Something is seriously wrong with people. Fake Spoilers in the shitty tweets btw so be warned.

Last edited:

Desmond

Oct 25, 2017
I've already replied to Neil's tweet, but Christ the comments being thrown at him. How can people write that...

SnatcherHunter

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how this will affect Neil or even the actors going forward?

We might not be getting games like these ever again.

Oct 25, 2017
"yeah, but it's his fault people are sending him and Laura Bailey death threats because the script was bad"

The fact people are actually trying to blame Neil for the horrible actions of people makes me want to puke, and I hate everytime era goes "but crunch though" to diminish
this shit.

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone who posts the Happy Merchant and thinks of themselves as a good guy need a look in the mirror.

Neutrality

Oct 29, 2017
There are spoilers in those terrible tweets by the way.
I can't believe people can spew such vitriol.

May 21, 2019
It's absolutely disgusting that people would even think about writing these things. Like it's nuts that they'd even consider typing this type of vitriol out, let along sending it.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
For context.

This has been happening for months now. And practically every ND developer of some social media, actors involved, etc has been subject to the hate campaign.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
Makes me so so so annoyed and frustrated. So many gamers are such toxic little shits. Media/youtube personalities that enable and directly/indirectly encourage such shits are no different. Fuck them all.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Just want to say I find it incredibly satisfying on a personal level to see one of the biggest games of the year was directed by a Jewish person and features a Jewish character represented well and prominently

The scene with Dina in the Synagogue got to me

SaltyDuck

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Fuck these losers and fuck Youtubers like Angry Joe, TheQuatering, and Tyrone Magnus who have perpetuated this bullshit

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm all for a free internet, but i swear, everytime i see shit like that, i'd vote for the removal of anonymity without hesitation.

$10 Bagel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is that second tweet a spoiler? Or does it mean metaphorically

I don't really care but others might

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Horrifying how normalized all this is becoming. 5 years ago these types of people had to hide behind their "ethics in journalism" banner, now they don't even have to pretend anymore.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
I really don't understand it...why can't people be like "I hate it", discuss why they hate it, and respect the phenomenal work the devs did despite disliking it. Like why is that so hard for these individuals lmao

Makes me glad the OT and Spoiler thread for this game in Era exist because of how lvl headed everyone is.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Gamers are a mistake. This's fucking embarrassing. How can people get this angry over a freaking video game.

WetWaffle

Oct 25, 2017
Do you see any of the Youtube gaming personalities like Angry Joe and Sterling trying to fight this after they partially encouraged this? No, just silence.

ClickyCal'

Oct 25, 2017
Just want to say I find it incredibly satisfying on a personal level to see one of the biggest games of the year was directed by a Jewish person and features a Jewish character represented well and prominently
All of the representation in the game is incredible. Neil has helped let so many people of different groups get to connect to characters.

Astandahl

Oct 28, 2017
The gaming saviour and true anticapitalist prince Jim Sterling will make a video about this for sure

Oct 30, 2017
I really insulated myself from the incel criticism of this game.

It was not until recently did I start poking around on twitter and seeing how many angry dudes trashing the game. Claiming that nobody is enjoying it, sales are bad, story is terrible, etc.

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
Like do these people even care about the game anymore or are they just latching on like mindless baboons for the next upset? Not liking the story is no excuse for this kind of behaviour.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
I really loved the game and the hate the likes of Neil and Laura Bailey has recieved is awful. Makes me more happy to see the game being a massive success.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
Btw, like we did with Laura, please send some positive vibes/comments of encouragement Neil and his team's way.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
I don't get it. I mean gaming is a major hobby of mine, but I just can't fathom being that angry about a video game. And needing to express that anger in that way.