• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
I posted this on the Playstation Worldwide Studios topic...but felt like needed to be discussed.
Is it surprising? No.
Should it be addressed? For sure.

Imagine working on a videogame for like half a decade, then a month before release, the game has a few leaks with no context (you know...1 hour and a half, mostly game-play with no story involved out of a 25 hour game, according to what i heard) and then you still have to deal with this.

Death threats over a...piece of entertainment?

If this wasn't bad enough, there's actually people on that thread answering to him directly and not exactly being nice to him. On a thread where you just commented about getting death threats.
Fuck this, honestly. I hope this game breaks all sorts of records for Naughty Dog and Sony.

Deleted member 67920

alt account
Banned
May 1, 2020
This is unacceptable.

I don't know what else to say.

I'm just so utterly disgusted by anyone that would even think like this.

Over video games.

I would happily see people go to jail for this.

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Absolutely baffling and disgusting how someone could send death threats to another person.

Last edited:

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn
The scene gotta police itself more (scene meaning fandoms in general) Everyone lets these people slide because it's 'fringe' or it's just jokes.

It's only gotten worse.

Like imagine, you're making a piece of art millions of people enjoy...
...but a sizable amount of those same people are giving you death threats.

Same way there's unwritten roles on what's good/bad discourse in these fandoms, there needs to be a zero tolerance towards toxicity because this is the result.

Big Tent Expat

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely baffling and disgusting how someone could send death threats to someone who makes such wonderful stories.
EDIT:

Absolutely baffling and disgusting how someone could send death threats to someone who makes such wonderful stories anyone for any reason.
In the interest of clarity so people don't think I'm saying something about Druckmann's abilities.

Last edited:

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It's disgusting and completely unacceptable, but likewise I'm not entirely surprised given some of the venom that permeates gaming culture, and some of the types of people it comes from.

I mean, this shit is also ridiculous, and it's over such petty things too. The insecurity and fragily among some to anything remotely pro-women or LGBQT in games, is alarming.

20200507073321.jpg

Manu

Oct 27, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
So what does the Venn diagram between these assholes and the assholes who accuse leftists/SJWs of "losing their minds" when a product doesn't cater to them look like?

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
YouTubers: "death threats come with the territory stop complaining about them."

God I fucking hate how normalized these are.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure they threatened Guerilla over Horizon Zero Dawn going to PC. If that's the baseline we're working with, this was to be expected

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
It's disgusting and completely unacceptable, but likewise I'm not entirely surprised given some of the venom that permeates gaming culture, and some of the types of people it comes from.

I mean, this shit is also ridiculous, and it's over such petty things too. The insecurity and fragily among some to anything remotely pro-women or LGBQT in games, is alarming.

20200507073321.jpg
Scary that there is verified accounts in there.

OP
OP
Tiago Rodrigues

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
I mean..imagine crunching for months / years to meet deadlines only to deal with this a month before release.
This guy and this team deserve at least 2 months without doing anything.

Deleted member 49535

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2018
It's for reasons like this that lately I'm not too against ending anonymity on the internet. There are way too many people out there doing shit like this and it's not okay.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017

20200507073321.jpg
I can't wait to finish the game, watch these stupid reactionary trash videos, and laugh for days.

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't read the spoilers but I feel like we've just moved the timeline up for this game hatred wise from launch to when the leaks happened.

Ellie kissing Dina at E3 probably was too much for these pathetic fucks.

Sems4arsenal

Apr 7, 2019
What the hell is wrong with these people? That amd basically spoiling the game replying to every tweet. These people need help.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
TLoU2's story could be an even bigger disaster then Mass Effect 3's ending and it wouldn't deserve death threats. What is wrong with people.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
It's not a gamers only thing, unfortunately

I'm pretty sure that Rian Johnson also got some death threats for TLJ

When you are relevant in entertainment, shit like this always happens

Rian Johnson is alive and well, making new awesome movies, so I expect the same for Neil

I hope that he does his best to ignore the haters and just keep making games with bold storylines

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Social media needs to be regulated--don't know what else can be said at this point

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
A certain group of people have been talking about ND like this for years now, feels like the leaks just gave them the attention they always wanted for talking about them like this.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Something needs to happen industry-wise, like absolutely all companies involved in the industry saying loud and clear this kind of people are not allowed.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
It's for reasons like this that lately I'm not too against ending anonymity on the internet. There are way too many people out there doing shit like this and it's not okay.

Lol, this idea is pretty outdated honestly. A lot of these people are on Twitter with their pictures with their name or picture in full view. Anonymity has largely already ended on the internet, and if anything, it's gotten even worse.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019