• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What would you prefer Naughty Dog's next game to be?

• New IP

• The Last of Us: Part III

• Uncharted 5

• New Jak and Daxter

Results are only viewable after voting.

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
In a huge interview article with GQ, Druckmann explains that, so close to the release of The Last of Us Part II, his thoughts have inevitably begun turning to the next project: "As you start wrapping things up, creatively there are fewer and fewer responsibilities and my mind can't help but think about the next thing. So yeah, the next thing could be a Part III, the next thing could be some new IP."
Druckmann gives no indication as to which he prefers, with GQ paraphrasing his mindset as, "Ultimately, the best idea wins."
As if to reinforce the idea that any Last of Us sequel will focus on the same kinds of locations and characters, Druckmann adds that, if you were to wildly change setting or protagonists, "To me, at that point, you might as well just do a new IP."

IGN article is here which includes a poll where the majority would prefer a new IP:
https://www.ign.com/articles/last-of-us-part-3-sequel-naughty-dog-new-ip

You can read the full GQ interview here:
https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/culture/article/the-last-of-us-part-ii-neil-druckmann-interview

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
The Last of Us set in NieR universe.
A daring collab between Neil and Yoko Taro.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
New ip
New ip
New ip

For the love of god
Part III
Part III
Part III

For the love of god
tenor.gif

May 17, 2018
I'm genuinely (happily) shocked he's staying in games after what he's been through during the last few months from both the press and the internet.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't that casting call already leak. They're making a game starring a black man.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
lmao if you get to choose why not make something new

He was the sole writer on TLOU, it was sort of his baby and it was pretty clear he always had more of the story to tell, almost hinting at it being an Ellie origin story of sorts, hence the sequel. Perhaps he still has more story to tell, more characters to explore etc in a Part III?

Personally, I want them to tackle a multi-galaxy multi-planet, multi-station and multi-species spanning huge AAA blockbuster sci-fi third person action adventure, in other words, Savage Starlight. But I wouldn't be mad with TLOU3 either.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Make everybody happy and do 'The Last Of Bandicoot & Daxter'. The crossover of a generation.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like the man would be broken if he worked on part III for another six years.

Oct 27, 2017
I did not expect him to even mention a Part III so easily, curiously. In my mind it's time for ND to tackle a new IP, but maybe I should play TLOU2 before having a definitive opinion on the subject.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
New IP please. Only speaking for myself here obviously, but TloU was never that interesting to me so another one would be overkill.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
User Banned (1 Month): Drive-by trolling; prior trolling bans
Yeah maybe try something new Neil. I'm sure you'll think of something....

whatever it is I won't buy it. I'm done with Naughty Dog as long as he is part of it.

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
NEIL!!!!! New IP please!

Narrative driven third person sci-fi action/adventure <------------

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Glad to see he wants to continue directing. I was wondering that since he got promoted to vice-president and is also involved with the TLOU HBO series, I thought maybe he was going to take a step back regarding directing games.

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
Something new and TLOU3 right at the end of the pS5 life cycle.
Although...i find it hard to imagine naughty dog, Sony's biggest studio, with a single team and nothing in pre-production already? Or is that the online game?

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"his" next game is strange wording considering the efforts of many hundreds of people that go into these projects.

Oct 24, 2019
Probably a new IP first, followed by TLOU Part 3 if I had to guess.

TLOU Part 3 is 100% happening at some point, just a matter of when

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
Uncharted......IN SPACE.

Seriously though, something along the lines of Guardians of The Galaxy or Cowboy Bebop.