1. Sagadego17

Sagadego17
    Member OP

2. Chacranajxy

Chacranajxy

Everyone likes cat girls.

3. SaberVS7

SaberVS7

Jiggle Slider makes that much of a difference, huh?

Kind of weird since Touch-Mode is still in, in contrary to it being the point of contention that got other games outright blocked by Sony.

4. RochHoch

RochHoch

*Shudders*

This garbage getting the same rating as kids games makes my stomach churn.

5. Callibretto

Callibretto

Basically other game is blocked because it's not featuring catgirl?

6. AlexFlame116

AlexFlame116

The Switch version is M yet the PS4 version is E?!

7. Sagadego17

Sagadego17
    Member OP

8. ILikeFeet

ILikeFeet

lewd neko loli party on switch!

9. RockmanBN

RockmanBN

You can see their panties in the image section on the Playstation store. E for everyone.

10. Dandy Crocodile

Dandy Crocodile
    Community Resetter Member

Holy shit.
    ESRB really wildin' with this one

11. graywolf323

graywolf323

that is really shocking, in the past you'd expect if that happened the roles would be reversed

12. Shiba

Shiba

13. Amauri14

Amauri14

From M to E? I wonder how much content was removed to get that rating?

14. Ultranist

Ultranist
    Banned Member

• User Banned (1 month): inappropriate sexual comment involving minors
    time to fap :3

15. koutoru

koutoru

I wonder if this will continue with other Visual Novels that need to change their content for the PS version.
    The Switch and PS versions of Visual Novels in the future could continue to have wildly different esrb ratings due to content polices of the platform holders themselves.

16. Chrono

Chrono

Suitable for all ages!

...Just don't purchase the Switch version by mistake. Oops!

If they ever made a port of Starless for the PS4 and tried to release it, I'm pretty sure the game would be around five minutes long with all of the cut content.

17. Is this a joke? An error?

18. VinceK

VinceK

This feels like it's on the level of Nintendo and Mortal Kombat back on the SNES what in the hell did they remove?

19. sueil

sueil

I'm sure you can get a half hour of content of him looking for a job at the start and taking the cab and feeding the dog and static shots of the car.

20. ZeroGravity

ZeroGravity

What a joke.

21. PepsimanVsJoe

PepsimanVsJoe

Haha what?

The entire game could have been just text and it would still be too much for an E rating.

22. SolidSnakex

SolidSnakex

I think it likely highlights just how weird the ESRB is more than anything. The Uncharted games are really violent, but because the blood that it does have doesn't stain clothes or the ground, it gets to have a T rating instead of a M.

23. BlackLagoon

BlackLagoon

No, the PS4 version was changed to comply with Sony's new content restrictions:

Mod edit. NSFW link removed.

24. logash

logash

I'm not a fan of these types of games but I really dislike there being this big a difference between versions of games, especially if these differences causing devs trouble like has been suggested through Sony's new policy. As long as there is a rating that is appropriate for the game I do not see why additional censoring is needed.

25. Right I know about Sony's strange content restriction changes, but to jump from "17 or older only" to "everyone can play" seems like a massive leap.

It makes the PS4 version sound like a completely different game from the Switch version.

26. Fat4all

Fat4all
    Community Resettler Member

will the baby room still be entered?

27. BlackLagoon

BlackLagoon

I would guess the was an image or two that contained something sexual that made it a mandatory M. With it toned down the rest of the game was presumably deemed harmless.

28. Inuhanyou

Inuhanyou

at that point sony should have just banned sale for the game entirely lol

This is with me having no context for what the game actually is of course. If they only had to take off small things, ok...but its still strange that a game like this is getting an "E" rating

Just from what i know of similar games...yeah lol,very strange

29. That is just weird.
    Then again, I remember hearing that the presence of shark blood was enough to kick the first Uncharted from a T to an M so they had to remove it.
    Plus, wasn't it stated that the removal of the R. Mika buttslap in Street Fighter V was to avoid an M-Rating? Amazing how just one little thing can change so much when it comes to the ESRB.

30. foxuzamaki

foxuzamaki

That is drastic

31. Fat4all

Fat4all
    Community Resettler Member

please

dont fuck the cats

32. Sagadego17

Sagadego17
    Member OP

this sounds if 4kids would've edit it. 'cept they would do it even worse

33. Valdega

Valdega
    Banned Member

How... how is this even possible? Even with the sex scenes removed, I'm pretty sure the girls' outfits and numerous upskirt shots would at least warrant a Teen rating.

34. SolidSnakex

SolidSnakex

That's the ESRB for you. As mentioned above, R.Mika slapping her ass slap was going to bump SFV up to a M rating. But bringing the angle in so that you can't see the slap was enough to keep it at a T. Just a small thing like that was enough to elevate the game to a M rating.

35. Yasumi

Yasumi

That seems... impossible. I've never played it, but from discussion, the fanservice always seemed pretty front-and-center.

36. Chrono

Chrono

You're right. Maybe 10-15 minutes then. I'm a fast reader.

37. Valdega

Valdega
    Banned Member

That still doesn't explain how this got an E. Apparently the bathing scenes are intact, albeit with expanded steam clouds to further obscure the jiggly bits. However, I thought that any nudity, censored or otherwise, would warrant at least a Teen rating.

38. Machachan

Machachan

Ah, yes, upskirt shot games are totally E. Uhhuh.

39. SolidSnakex

SolidSnakex

The ESRB is just weird. There's a shot in the PS Store link where you can see a characters panties. That's obviously meant to be sexual but it apparently did nothing to the rating.

40. BlackLagoon

BlackLagoon

Sometimes ratings boards have weird, specific hangups that create these kinds of results. An infamous one was the British film classification board's obsession with ninjas in the 80s and 90s. It lead to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles becoming Hero Turtles in Europe, and most Michelangelo'a use of his nunchucks getting cut.

41. Sandfox

Sandfox

I'm sure there are going to be a lot of comparisons to the other versions popping up soon.

42. J75

J75

I still have a feeling that this could still be an error seeing as the esrb page of the game has no description of the content or summary is odd. Anyone think we could directly contact esrb on twitter and ask what's goin on here?

Btw, anyone remember this error?
    [​IMG]
    It could be something similar

43. Sangetsu-II

Sangetsu-II

Panties, Bikini's,

what's the difference right ESRB? :P

44. LossAversion

LossAversion

A. This shouldn't be Rated E regardless of how censored it is.

B. What's the point in releasing these types of games in a censored format in the first place? Seems like a lot of people don't think these games should exist at all and the people that do enjoy playing them are certainly not interested in a censored version. There's no target audience for this shit.

45. Sagadego17

Sagadego17
    Member OP

esrb doesn't write no description of the content or summary if its digital only

46. Axisofweevils

Axisofweevils

More like Nekopareddown

47. Pyccko

Pyccko

that's that game where you fuck your cats right

sounds pretty wholesome, I don't see the problem

48. MegaXZero

MegaXZero

Are there even enough God beams to accomplish this?

49. sueil

sueil

I can't speak for the console releases but pc version has uncensored versions obviously.

50. BAN PUNCHER

BAN PUNCHER

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.