• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
www.snkmvsx.com

SNK MVSX Home Arcade

Official Store of SNK MVSX Home Arcade. Licensed retro arcade machine with 50 NEGEO games pre-installed.METAL SLUG arcade. kof fighters arcade. street fighter arcade. street fighter 2 arcade.

Well, guess no XSX and PS5 this year

bastardly

Nov 8, 2017
just need pizza hut grease all over the joystick and buttons and im back in 1994.

this looks so good, ive been looking at a getting a bartop and so many are ugly as shit

DrFunk

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda want

Never get tired of buying the same Neo Geo games again and again

Squirrel09

Nov 4, 2017
I've been surprised that after the success of 1up Arcade machines companies haven't been copying them and also offering full size cabinets. If I had a basement I would buy this in a second.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
Hate these small bartop-type cabinets.

Want someone to drop a full size arcade cabinet, willing to drop a couple thousand. (Know there's custom one's out there and I own one but I would love to see an official one).

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
lmao six buttons? no thanks

figure-5_b.png

What the fuck are they doing

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Cool, but I'm content with my actual 4-slot mvs, neogeo mini and various neogeo games on switch

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
Why are Money Puzzle Exchanger, Waku Waku 7 and Windjammers never on these Neo Geo compilation machines?

Oct 25, 2017
Why are Money Puzzle Exchanger, Waku Waku 7 and Windjammers never on these Neo Geo compilation machines?

SNK don't own the rights to those games whereas they do for anything from SNK, ADK and a few other developers.

Hamster were able to license the first two for the ACA series. I think dotemu owns the rights to Windjammers now.

-edit-

Having said that, apparently a company called Paon owns Windjammers now. So I would assume that dotemu are a licensee.

en.wikipedia.org

Data East - Wikipedia

metallik

Jul 10, 2019
40 games, but very heavy on the fighting titles and few shmups outside of the metal slug series. Wish they would have added others like Neo Mr Do and some of the better scrolling shmups, ah well...

Bobby Peru

Banned
Jun 10, 2020
I can get behind Metal Slug games as simple as they are, but I don't understand the appeal of dropping that much money on several dozen nearly identical fighting games.

ScOULaris

Oct 25, 2017
Very tempting, but I'll need to see some impressions for the joystick/buttons and emulation quality. Looks really promising from what the site shows thus far, though. Finally fuckin' AES versions are included in a licensed SNK product.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Ufff, that's cool. Potentially it's not gonna take long until you'd be able to mod the hell out of it too. Not quite high enough though. I'd give it 15cm more.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
SNK don't own the rights to those games whereas they do for anything from SNK, ADK and a few other developers.

Hamster were able to license the first two for the ACA series. I think dotemu owns the rights to Windjammers now.
I mean I can understand that, but there isn't anything stopping them licensing a few third party titles like Sony, Nintendo and Sega did on their mini systems. The game lineup would be far more interesting with greater variety.

OP
OP
sibarraz

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
lmao six buttons? no thanks

figure-5_b.png

What the fuck are they doing

I think is great, since it gives you the option to either play with the

B C D
A

or the

A B
C D

button layouts.

Besides, let's not kid ourselves, people will mod it to add Capcom Games, so the extra buttons are welcome

OP
OP
sibarraz

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The only thing that really annoys me is that they added the terrible Top Players Golf instead of Neo Turf Masters

I know that they can't use that name anymore, but they could perfectly change the title screen and use Big Tournament Golf like hamster did with their ACA game

Maso

Sep 6, 2018
I think is great, since it gives you the option to either play with the

B C D
A

or the

A B
C D

button layouts.

Besides, let's not kid ourselves, people will mod it to add Capcom Games, so the extra buttons are welcome
Yeah, this is great. Offended purists can always pull the buttons out and plug them.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
The only thing that really annoys me is that they added the terrible Top Players Golf instead of Neo Turf Masters

I know that they can't use that name anymore, but they could perfectly change the title screen and use Big Tournament Golf like hamster did with their ACA game

Why can't they use that name anymore? Isn't that the name on Hamster's release on the Switch?

Also how many times are they going to re-release their games in a new shell? ;)

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
These types of cabs have been a bit tempting but I still have yet to bite on one. Gonna need some impressions or actual hardware info before I drop that much on something like this but I will have to keep an eye on it.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Top Players Golf instead of Turf Masters again?

How do they keep making that mistake?

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Man, this is super tempting...until I count over 30 games being fighting titles & feel a bit bummed it doesn't have more variety.

Granted, this seems like a better deal than the 1UP Arcade ones, assuming the emulation & build quality is good.

deltabreak

Oct 29, 2017
God I wish someone would license out Cave stuff or something and make an arcade machine like this but with a Cave theme

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
This is a really cool product- I would probably buy it if I wasn't planning on buying either the X-men vs Street Fighter of Marvel vs Capcom Arcade 1UP machines this fall, as i'm more interested in having those as Cabinets than I am with a MVS

EDIT: also, why do they continue to put Top Players Golf in things like this and the Mini instead of the superior Neo Turf Masters?!?

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I can understand that, but there isn't anything stopping them licensing a few third party titles like Sony, Nintendo and Sega did on their mini systems. The game lineup would be far more interesting with greater variety.

I would have thought that would go without saying.

The point is that SNK license out their stuff to whoever is interested and throw in a bunch of games that they have the rights to. This is the third or fourth device or software collection of this kind that they've done with this kind of approach.

A publisher like Hamster or someone like Nintendo, Sony and Sega might be more interested in getting a wider range of games included on their collection or hardware device.

According to the website this device appears to have been designed and marketed by a company called Unico, so they're working with SNK to license this and have access to SNK's games. I'm sure they could work with whoever owns the rights to some of those other games but that would involve more cost and effort from their perspective.

On a side note, SNK should have the rights to Neo Turf Masters since it was a Nazca game, but for whatever reason they don't include that one.

Last edited: