• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kliklik

Oct 26, 2017
https://www.thestar.com/news/world/...ds-parents-who-worried-he-was-a-neo-nazi.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...9919905d3e1_story.html?utm_term=.452fdc14e971

IMPORTANT POINTS
(paraphrases or direct quoting from news):

- occurred in Reston, Virginia

- mother and father are shot dead, male 17-year-old shooter is in critical condition in the hospital, charged with 2 counts of murder. Relatives and young children (incl. 10 year-old son) were in the house at the time of shooting

- mother: lawyer who ran elder-care business, served as a precinct captain for Obama's campaign

- father: PhD, worked at the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics

- on Sunday, mother sent email to private school that the daughter and bf attend showing images from the bf's purported Twitter account: retweets praising Hitler, support of Nazi book burnings, calls for "white revolution", derogatory comments about Jews, an illustration of a man hanging from a noose beneath a gay slur, and a PM "ima run in there with my swastika armband right now" in response to a photo of a candy shop's dreidel display

- mother wrote in email that her daughter told her over the summer that the boyfriend was very good at history and that her daughter asked, "Did you know that Jews are partly to blame for WWII?". She believed the boyfriend was trying to indoctrinate the girl with white-supremacist ideas

- grandmother and friends said the girl spent hours on the phone with the boyfriend, often just listening to him talk

- mother asked on Facebook for WWII documentaries to watch together with daughter

- mother wrote in email that her daughter grew so upset in recent weeks when she told her to stop seeing the boyfriend that she refused to eat

- mother said to friends: "We can't allow her to see someone associated with Nazis. We don't associate with hate groups in our house"

- grandmother said the family staged an intervention with her granddaughter on Wednesday, taking her to the District of Columbia to a friend's house to try to persuade her to stay away from the boyfriend. There was anger, crying and a long discussion about the Nazis, she said, but the teenager eventually agreed it was in her best interests to end the relationship

- after daughter broke up with him, the mother texted the ex-bf's mother that he "was sneaking into our house at night ... and is an outspoken Neo Nazi. These things render any legal redemption void"

- parents heard sound from daughter's bedroom at 5AM, went to investigate, found the ex-bf in there. Father yelled at him to get out and never return. Ex-bf pulled a gun and shot both parents before turning it on himself

TIMELINE
June: couple starts dating
---
Sunday: mother sends email to private school principal with pics of Twitter account discovered on daughter's phone
Wednesday: family stages intervention with daughter, who had been on a hunger strike for a few weeks after being told to stop seeing bf
Thursday: mother sends text message to the ex-bf's mother, calling him "an outspoken Neo Nazi"
Friday: mother and father shot dead in home by ex-bf, in front of daughter, ex-bf taken to hospital
Saturday: ex-bf charged with two counts of murder while in hospital

Deleted member 3058

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
What a horrible waste of life. Those parents did everything they could to save their daughter. RIP

Here's hoping she, and the murdering nazi's parents, do the right thing and completely distance themselves from that racist scumbag and those like him.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Jesus. Between the school and his parents, so many times someone could have intervened with the boy. Fucking sucks.

OP
OP
kliklik

kliklik

Oct 26, 2017
I think the daughter is going to need years of therapy to deal with the guilt she's sure to have from this.

BR2049

Oct 28, 2017
User was warned for this post: Victim blaming
Imagine if this was a girl who was dating a islamic extremist. They'd both be terrorists, and rightfully so.

Lock them both up. Hopefully the nazi dies a horrible death in hospital.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm trying to wrap my head around why it was so hard for the daughter to let go of this guy, but I feel sorry for her loss regardless.

As for the Nazi scum, I'm glad he didn't get a chance to off himself because a quick death would have been too easy for that shitbag. Deserves to rot in a cell forever.

Thatonedice1

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Working on that also.
The fact that she needed an intervention to not date a nazi is crazy.

Not everyone is strong enough to say no to charismatic people. I knew a girl that was a hardcore liberal in high school but became a Trump supporter after dating a crazy alt right dude who openly said to my face he wanted to shoot black people (I am black btw). Lost a friend that day unfortunately.

Shadownet

Oct 29, 2017
The daughter must be devastated. I hope the lil' Nazi survive so he can spend the rest of his life in prision and atone for what he did.

From Reston, VA too. I lived not too far from there. Feel so bad for the family.

Viera

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
User Was Warned For: Victim Blaming
Losing both of your parents in such a fashion would wreck anyone. I really want to say something more about the daughter but I'll bite my tongue.

Imagine being so pathetically weak-willed that you invite your parents' murderer into your house. Imagine loving some Nazi punk over your own parents, inviting an armed trespasser to break into your parents' house

I hope this haunts her for the rest of her life, she honestly deserves to rot in jail too. Both of them are the lowest form of scum

Just_a_Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Horrible.

Being associated with far right neo-nazi ideologies needs to be treated the same as terrorism, and carry criminal charges. Enough with giving these time bombs the space and time to gestate and spread their hatred on to others.

OP
OP
kliklik

kliklik

Oct 26, 2017
Not everyone is strong enough to say no to charismatic people. I knew a girl that was a hardcore liberal in high school but became a Trump supporter after dating a crazy alt right dude who openly said to my face he wanted to shoot black people (I am black btw). Lost a friend that day unfortunately.

I'm so sorry you had to go through that.

I think people tend to default to liberal because that's the environment they're in in school, but they need to be innoculated with small exposures to fascist, alt-right, etc. views in the context of refutations of them so that they're not wholly unprepared and confronted with what seem like bold new ideas when they finally stumble upon someone preaching it at them. It's like preparing children with scenarios of strangers offering them a ride home and assuring them they know mommy.

Deleted member 3058

Oct 25, 2017
Losing both of your parents in such a fashion would wreck anyone. I really want to say something more about the daughter but I'll bite my tongue.
Yeah. I think it's optimistic to hope that this incident drives her away from the hatred. I hope it does but I realize it for the optimistic wish that it is.

Not for anything about her in particular, but just to stop the spread of alt-right ideology in general.

As for the nazi I realize that wishing an agonizingly painful existence on someone is probably against the forum rules.. So I'll just say that I hope he spends the rest of his life in prison.

OP
OP
kliklik

kliklik

Oct 26, 2017
They should release the piece of shit's name.

He's a juvenile. They can't name him unless he will stand trial as an adult. I believe a judge needs to rule on that.

If he's tried as a juvenile, I don't think it's possible for him to get a long sentence for the murders.

GameShrink

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I've seen a few documentaries about neo Nazi life in America, and I was always struck by how many attractive, seemingly "normal" women were married to these nutjobs.

I feel awful for the parents, not sure what they could have done differently. Would it have been better to say nothing and let your daughter become a Nazi? To rely on the possibility that she might come to her senses? And if she had, would she have been the one who ended up dead?

Deleted member 932

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't know what to say. Reading the story it seems that the parents did everything they could but that wasn't still enough. The girl must have been brainwashed really hard. Really, I'm speechless

wisdom0wl

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I want the kid to live long enough to see punishment, but here's to hoping his injuries permanently affect him.

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Where are the Nazi's parents? He's underage and likely should not have access to guns. Hope they are charged too.

fierrotlepou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Was Warned For: Victim Blaming
There's no end to the amount of scumbags that walk this earth. I hope he suffers from the gunshot wounds, but lives to rot in jail for the rest of his shitty miserable life.

As for the teenage daughter: reap what you sow. Your parents died because you loved an ignorant piece of human trash and because you didn't listen to them. Now live with the guilt.

Sigh, all these stories are depressing.

Polioliolio

Nov 6, 2017
Jesus Christ... There's a lot to unpack here, but let it be known guns as a problem are a big fucking part of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.