• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Radnom

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a real sucker for this kinda thing, if it's even halfway decent I'm almost certainly gonna buy two

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Game list:

THE KING OF FIGHTERS '95
THE KING OF FIGHTERS '97
THE KING OF FIGHTERS '98
THE KING OF FIGHTERS '99
THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2000
THE KING OF FIGHTERS 2002
FATAL FURY SPECIAL
FATAL FURY 3
GAROU: MARK OF THE WOLVES
SAMURAI SHODOWN Ⅱ
SAMURAI SHODOWN Ⅲ
SAMURAI SHODOWN IV
SAMURAI SHODOWN Ⅴ SPECIAL
ART OF FIGHTING
WORLD HEROES 2
WORLD HEROES 2 JET
WORLD HEROES PERFECT
NINJA MASTER'S
THE LAST BLADE 2
KIZUNA ENCOUNTER

No KOF 96?
That's an odd omission.

zoodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
I'm not sure what that thing is. Just a stick preloaded with games? Is that supposed to be their new console? Will they release games for it after?

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I'm not sure what that thing is. Just a stick preloaded with games? Is that supposed to be their new console? Will they release games for it after?

1.- It's a stick with preloaded games that can also be used on the NeoGeo Arcade Mini or on a PC.
2.- Unconfirmed
3.- Unlikely, they could release another stick with a different selection of games, as the Mini has already.

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018
I love this, I want this but for fuck sake please let them fix the hdmi out

klee123

Oct 27, 2017
Depending on the price and emulation/stick quality, I may just consider this and just sell my AES and collection

mute

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty iffy on this thing with that list. Of course they skip my usual go-to 96.

If it is anything like the mini though at least they will have a few variations, one with more variety would be nice. As a controller for the mini it isn't that good a value since the emulation on the mini itself isn't too great. Might be nice to use on other things though.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
In my opinion: Ditch 95 for 96. Ditch FF3 for RBFFS or RBFF2. Ditch AOF for AOF3. Ditch WH2 for Last Blade 1, AOF2, or a licensed fighter like Waku Waku 7, Breakers Revenge or that Tengai Makyo fighter.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
THREE World Heroes games? Come on, SNK. Only little brothers like World Heroes.

Allforce

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're selling a micro-to-USB cable on that site so has it been confirmed you can just use this as a fightstick on your PC or PS4?

That would justify the $130 price a bit...

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cross posting from the community thread:

Impressions/reviews have started popping up for the NeoGeo Arcade Stick Pro.

What's interesting is that SNK sent this guy a unit to review even though he gave the mini a negative review. He mentions that they took a lot of the feedback from the mini and applied it to the development of this unit.

Also, it looks like you will be able to add more games to the unit in the future. There are options in the menu like "unlock" and "upgrade". SNK might be selling USBs with additional games that you can add.

Agent X

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
BadWolf , thanks for posting that video. There's a stark difference in the video output quality between this device and the earlier NeoGeo Mini.

I do wish it had more variety of games, instead of focusing completely on fighting games. But, as the video explains, it seems like there might be some method of adding more games.

It interesting that the menu shows "FTG" on each game's icon, which I assume is an abbreviation for "fighting". If that's indicating the category of game, then that leads me to believe that they intend to have other games that don't fall into the fighting game category.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BadWolf , thanks for posting that video. There's a stark difference in the video output quality between this device and the earlier NeoGeo Mini.

I do wish it had more variety of games, instead of focusing completely on fighting games. But, as the video explains, it seems like there might be some method of adding more games.

It interesting that the menu shows "FTG" on each game's icon, which I assume is an abbreviation for "fighting". If that's indicating the category of game, then that leads me to believe that they intend to have other games that don't fall into the fighting game category.

No prob and yeah that's a good catch, maybe they will group them in batches (Shooter pack, Puzzle pack, Fighting Game pack 2 etc.).

Vinegar Joe

Oct 26, 2017
Alright...that list is looking better now. Interest rising.

If they plan to sell more games it would be awesome if they did cross-buy with ACA. Of course that won't happen, but still...

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Alright...that list is looking better now. Interest rising.

If they plan to sell more games it would be awesome if they did cross-buy with ACA. Of course that won't happen, but still...
If we buy the version of the stick that comes with the adapter, we can use it on Switch/PS4 to play the ACA games, anyway!

Celine

Oct 26, 2017
Dunno, it's still rather disappointing to me.
Even with those additional games it doesn't cover well the full spectrum of genres available on Neo Geo (Combat instead of Sengoku 2 or 3? No Last Resort / Pulstar / Blazing Star / Twinkle Star Sprites? No platforms like Magician Lord, Blue's Journey or Top Hunter*? The Super Spy instead of Crossed Swords? Once again no Neo Turf Master...).

Said that Real Bout FF Special, Art of Fighting 3, Shock Troopers and the whole Metal Slug saga are welcomed.

* well TH isn't really a pure platform game but you should understand why I include it with games like Magician Lord and Blue's Journey.

Last edited:

Vinegar Joe

Oct 26, 2017
If we buy the version of the stick that comes with the adapter, we can use it on Switch/PS4 to play the ACA games, anyway!
Yeah, that's part of the reason this is so attractive to me. If the stick is decent quality I hope I can use it in PC mode with my AES and one of these
I would be fine if they included the games that were on the NeoGeo Mini. There are some excellent titles that shouldn't be stuck with that system's emulator.
True, but it looks like SNK are planning to add more as there's an 'unlock' mode that looks for an external drive. Perhaps some method of transfer between the mini and the stick? Or more likely selling games separately...again.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
True, but it looks like SNK are planning to add more as there's an 'unlock' mode that looks for an external drive. Perhaps some method of transfer between the mini and the stick? Or more likely selling games separately...again.

Yeah, the more likely outcome is they will re-sell games, including those that were on the mini, instead of giving users the option to bring those titles over from the mini to the arcade stick.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
Excellent video by My Life in Gaming, along with Dark1x analysing the Stick:

And I need to know what is the situation for Europe: Amazon France only has the Stick without the Gamelinq adaptor...

StreamedHams

Nov 21, 2017
Just pulled the trigger on this. Didn't realize the date was so close to release. Considering picking up one to collect and one to play/hack, as it becomes relevant.

I LOVE NEOGEO, and I love the continuous support that is given to the hardware and game collection.

Pororoka

Nov 1, 2017
MX
Rage of the dragons still gets forgotten. 🥺

I hope I can dump my cartridge into this when it releases.

Brunire

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So it looks like this will be a very limited release in the west. The Amazon listing went from releasing Nov. 22nd to 'ships in 1-2 months.' Did anyone pre-order and have an idea on when their's will ship?

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
This will be an amazon (US) lightning deal in like 15 minutes (the one with the adapter for 189.99, no idea what the deal will be)... so maybe they held stock back for that?

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
It's 159.99 for the stick plus the adapter (usually 189.99). Lightning deal, prime members get a 30 minute head start. Still says shipping in 1 to 2 months, though.

They got me, I bit.