• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Presented by KOFXIV's announcer Maxwell Powers:

- JP and International versions have different line ups of games (total 40 games)
- Games are based on AES (home console) versions (which have extra features/modes compared to arcade)
- Save state function (save/load at any time during the game)
- Can be connected to TV etc. via HDMI
- Accessories include Neo Geo CD based pads
- Comes out this summer in Japan and globally later
- Still deciding on price

Games:

Here's a breakdown of what's universal and what's exclusive:

Both

King of Fighters 95
King of Fighters 97
King of Fighters 98
King of Fighters 2000
King of Fighters 2002
Samurai Shodown II
Samurai Shodown IV
Samurai Shodown V Special
Fatal Fury Special
Real Bout: Fatal Fury
Garou: Mark of the Wolves
World Heroes Perfect
Kizuna Encounter
Art of Fighting
The Last Blade 2
Ninja Masters
Metal Slug
Metal Slug 2
Metal Slug 3
King of Monsters 2
Sengoku 3
Shock Troopers 2nd Squad
Blazing Star
Top Players Golf
Super Sidekicks
Puzzled

Japan Only

King of Fighters 94
King of Fighters 96
King of Fighters 99
King of Fighters 2001
King of Fighters 2003
Real Bout: Fatal Fury 2
The Last Blade
Aggressors of Dark Kombat
Top Hunters Roddy & Cathy
Ninja Commando
Burning Fight
Cyber Lip
Alpha Mission II
Twinkle Star Sprites

International Only

Metal Slug X
Metal Slug 4
Metal Slug 5
King of Monsters
Shock Troopers
Magician Lord
Blue's Journey
Robo Army
Crossed Swords
Mutation Nation
3 Count Bout
Last Resort
Ghost Pilots
Football Frenzy

I know there was a post earlier, but I thought this was easier to identify which ones are exclusive and which ones are universal.

Last edited:

LQX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck that guy is scary. Either-way cant wait have this thing on my desk. Hopefully the buttons and the stick hold up.

Also, still no price.

Ororo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Didn't NeoGeo already try this once a few years ago?

What makes them think this will do differently.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I hate when they make regional game differences... Just like the Nintendo classics. We all want the same stuff :x

100mega

Oct 27, 2017
I see they're giving reasons to own both the JP and the international version via the game list. Oh my god the English speaking guy in the video was so funny...

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
The lack of 2020 super baseball is bullshit.

On the other hand, I'm very interested in those controllers.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
Looks pretty cool but Switch is now my Neo Geo mini.

This. I was really interested in Neo Geo Mini until I realized how small it is and the game selection is also lacking compared to what Hamster has been cranking out on both Switch and PS4. If it was more of a mini bar top size and had a more robust game selection (no AAA shmups like Pulstar and Blaxing Star is a crime) I'd be seriously considering it. Button placement also doesn't look good.

Edit:

Ah so Blazing Star is on the lineup at least, guess that must have been added since the initial announcement a few months ago.

Last edited:

100mega

Oct 27, 2017
Booo at no Neo Turf Masters. You gotta get the International version if you want the superior Shock Troopers 1 and Metal Slug X. I think I will just go for the JP version for now.

I love how they are using the AES versions of the ROMs with all the options and practice modes.

Oct 26, 2017
This. I was really interested in Neo Geo Mini until I realized how small it is and the game selection is also lacking compared to what Hamster has been cranking out on both Switch and PS4. If it was more of a mini bar top size and had a more robust game selection (no AAA shmups like Pulstar and Blaxing Star is a crime) I'd be seriously considering it. Button placement also doesn't look good.

It also hooks up to a tv and includes a controller.

Vagabond

Oct 26, 2017
United States
King of Fighters 2003 is so ignored. I'm surprised SNK is including it, but I'm happy they are! XI and 2003 were so much fun but seem to be buried in comparison to the others.

I want the non-International version. Will it be dipswitch-able to English?

klee123

Oct 27, 2017
Heh, they left out Neo Turf Masters.

Not sure if it's a good idea to include every KOF. I'd feel 94 and 95 are kinda obsolete in this day and age.

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't NeoGeo already try this once a few years ago?

What makes them think this will do differently.

They're making this internally. The Neo Geo X was licensed out to Tommo and was a horrible product.

This includes the home versions of the games, unlike Hamster's releases, which are the arcade games. That's pretty cool, but I'm not sure it's enough for me to pick one of these up.

The Mad Mango

Oct 27, 2017
I think what they should have done is have a full-sized arcade stick, which has an HDMI out and contains the emulator hardware and ROMs. I would've never bought the NES/SNES minis if their controllers were mini.

mao2

Oct 28, 2017
The lineup is great, though the lack of Art of Fighting 2 and 3 is a bit of a let down.

Seriously. What's the point with the Switch having Neo Geo games?
The games in Neo Geo Mini are based on the home console versions, meaning that you get additional modes and other extras which aren't present in ACA Neo Geo titles.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Booo at no Neo Turf Masters. You gotta get the International version if you want the superior Shock Troopers 1 and Metal Slug X. I think I will just go for the JP version for now.

I love how they are using the AES versions of the ROMs with all the options and practice modes.
My thoughts exactly. I still can't believe they passed up Neo Turf Masters for Top Player's Golf. Despicable.

Agent Unknown

Oct 26, 2017
It also hooks up to a tv and includes a controller.

I know and I love the Neo Geo CD controllers, I'm still kind of tempted to get one.

The lineup is great, though the lack of Art of Fighting 2 and 3 is a bit of a let down.

The games in Neo Geo Mini are based on the home console versions, meaning that you get additional modes and other extras which aren't present in ACA Neo Geo titles.

Oh nice, that may be a game changer. I'm seriously interested again. Dividing the game selection between regions is really dumb though.

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta see if my friend in Tokyo can send a Japanese unit to me. I gotta have KOF 2001 and 2003 on the go (Twinkle Star Sprites is a plus, too).

GaussTek

Oct 30, 2017
Oh man, the japanese version is so tempting because it includes all KOF games, but the other one having Metal Slug 1-5 + X is great too... WHICH ONE SHOULD I BUY

Edit. I think I'll just go with the japanese version, as I already got the Metal Slug Anthology + XX on PS4

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What's with the guy's voice? Doesn't sound like his and he's lip syncing. Looks wrong.

kdillman

May 12, 2018
I'm hype. Need the full list to side-by-side the titles though, it's a tough choice....

twentytwo22

Oct 25, 2017
Still no price and exact release date. Was hoping to hear those, I figured the game lineup would be solid anyway.

Fishsnot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Japan
The guy and his voice in no way match.

Also agree with the others that my Switch is my mini arcade now.
And not strictly tied to SNK only games.

Also:
e0FVh7w.png

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Need a price. Fear the inclusion of a screen is gonna make these more expensive than the nintendo minis

GhostSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Toaplan, USA
Neo Geo Mini | Neo Geo Mini International
(O yes | X no)

O | X - King of Fighters 94
O | O - King of Fighters 95
O | X - King of Fighters 96
O | O - King of Fighters 97
O | O - King of Fighters 98
O | X - King of Fighters 99
O | O - King of Fighters 2000
O | X - King of Fighters 2001
O | O - King of Fighters 2002
O | X - King of Fighters 2003
O | O - Samurai Shodown II
O | O - Samurai Shodown IV
O | O - Samurai Shodown V Special
O | O - Fatal Fury Special
O | O - Real Bout: Fatal Fury
O | X - Real Bout: Fatal Fury 2
O | O - Garou: Mark of the Wolves
O | O - World Heroes Perfect
O | O - Kizuna Encounter
O | O - Art of Fighting
O | X - The Last Blade
O | O - The Last Blade 2
O | O - Ninja Masters
O | X - Aggressors of Dark Kombat
O | O - Metal Slug
O | O - Metal Slug 2
X | O - Metal Slug X
O | O - Metal Slug 3
X | O - Metal Slug 4
X | O - Metal Slug 5
X | O - King of Monsters
O | O - King of Monsters 2
O | O - Sengoku 3
X | O - Shock Troopers
O | O - Shock Troopers 2nd Squad
O | X - Top Hunters Roddy & Cathy
O | X - Ninja Commando
O | X - Burning Fight
X | O - Magician Lord
X | O - Blue's Journey
O | X - Cyber Lip
X | O - Robo Army
X | O - Crossed Cwords
X | O - Mutation Nation
X | O - 3 Count Bout
O | X - Alpha Mission II
O | X - Twinkle Star Sprites
O | O - Blazing Star
X | O - Last Resort
X | O - Ghost Pilots
O | O - Top Players Golf
O | O - Super Sidekicks
X | O - Football Frenzy
O | O - Puzzled

Mikhal

Oct 28, 2017
No batteries means this is a tethered device. Bummer.

Can probably just use a portable USB charger. In for both depending on price. I think I prefer the International version's list of games more, but the Japanese one wins for Twinkle Star Sprites. No Bust a Move or Magical Drop is a shame though but understandable since SNK doesn't own the rights.

TheFuzz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Ah gotcha. Thanks.