• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Relix

Oct 25, 2017
I get those after a lot of pent up stress. A lot. I usually just go into a panic attack style, and let it all go. Then back to normal and kicking ass.

Turtleboats

Nov 13, 2017
Puck Beaverton

If this is the worst you are feeling, there is nowhere but up. I can't imagine what you are feeling at the moment, but you can get through this.

1-800-273-8255 Please call this, please do not harm yourself in anyway.

Speak to us brother, let us know what's going on.

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hey, don't do anything irrational.

Remember that there are many things that are worth living for. Think about the happiest times you've had in your life, and think about the possibility of having those times again.

A couple of days ago I thought about swallowing all of my anxiety and PTSD medicine while high on marijuana, but I snapped out and took what I was supposed to. I was close to ending my life wrapped in my sheets.

Here's the number to the suicide hotline:
1-800-273-8255

What I can tell you now is that life is worth living. I've seen so many fucked up things in my young lifetime and it has helped me realize that life is delicate, and it should be appreciated due to that. There will be ups and downs, but just relish the fact that you are alive.

Reading your post hurts, seriously. If you want, send me a PM and we can exchange numbers and just talk, no bullshit. I'm all for listening. What matters is that you are heard.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Please call the posted number, Puck. They can help you. What have you got to lose.

I have been through a breakdown and come out the other side. This feeling will end. But it sounds like you need some help.

Deleted member 18360

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taking a step back, and not viewing the experience as 'me' or 'mine', and instead as just a thing that's happening, can make it a lot more tolerable, at least for me.

woodcutter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
nj
Just a heads up. I failed at my attempt. And got stuck in a psycho ward for 3 months. Trust me it's not worth it.now I am so happy! I traveled the world, bought a wife, house, and a new Chevy.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
No way, man! So many people on Just this forum here that want you around! Shoot someone here a PM... or even better, call the numbers posted above.

Life fucking sucks dick sometimes, dude. It's rough. I've felt similar thoughts before but I am CERTAIN that you have people that would be devastated we're you to do something crazy. If not for you, call that number for them.

At the very, very least... try to go lay down and see if you can take a nap or fall asleep. Time heals all wounds.

Good luck man.

OP
OP
Puck Beaverton
Oct 25, 2017
Gordita Beach
I feel embarrassed and hilarious that I can't get up to kill my self. The act of getting up to get a knife or medication feels monumental to me. Literally sitting on the floor unable to move.

I feel bad for making this thread, but I don't know. I feel like I'm losing it so I don't really give a shit about embarrassment right now.

Skel1ingt0n

Oct 28, 2017
I feel embarrassed and hilarious that I can't get up to kill my self. The act of getting up to get a knife or medication feels monumental to me. Literally sitting on the floor unable to move.

I feel bad for making this thread, but I don't know. I feel like I'm losing it so I don't really give a shit about embarrassment right now.

Dude... no need to be embarrassed at all. Everyone has really, really awful days... and the thoughts you're having aren't silly at all. Life is VERY tough; it's amazing that any of us get through.

If laziness is keeping you on the floor, then I, personally, am glad you're being lazy.

You posting from your phone? Why not give that number above a ring?

Username1198

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Space, Man

You shouldn't feel bad. Everyone needs help sometimes, nothing to be embarrassed about. Puck, you should really call that number. They are trained professionals that can get you the help you need. I hope you feel better, and please keep posting here, there are many people here willing to listen and help.

Oct 26, 2017

I know the feeling. I really do. I know the embarassement, I know the feeling of not having the energy to even get to that kitchen knife. Don't feel bad. Don't feel embarassed. And don't for a second think that anyone here will think any less of you. In fact,
sharing like you did here deserves respect. This isn't weakness. This isn't lazyness. This is you reaching out. Mustering the energy to reach out to others. Allow us to reach back to you.

Everyone can stumble and it can feel like it's pointless to get up. But it really isn't. You are not alone. Talking on Era is a first step, but really, call the suicide prevention hotline, that people have linked here. Talking to a person helps me a lot. I'm sure it will help you as well.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Continue posting here and we will listen. You are loved and appreciated. After all, you had the energy and agency to post this thread and that greatly speaks volume about you.

A lot of us get frustrated by the hands we've been dealt but you can't give up because even if you can make one person smile (here and/or irl), I say that is worth it and all the more reason to not give up.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Don't feel bad or embarrassed about any of this. A) It's not your fault, nor was it your choice to feel this way or have these issues and B) Lots of people deal with the same thoughts, including myself. I live with suicidal thoughts and ideation on a daily basis. Nobody is judging you.

Seek help. Talk to someone as soon as you can, ideally through one of those numbers. And post here as much as you need to.

Deleted member 1777

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nervous breakdowns are often misunderstood. It is not stress.
People who have them find they just can't do everyday things.
Even getting out of bed can be a massive struggle.

I was told by my doctor when I was diagnosed with depression that a 'Nervous Breakdown' is depression and not something else. OP go to the doctors, get yourself some help. I know everything feels really shitty, a lot of folks have been there including myself but get yourself seen to. Things WILL get better.