• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MondoMega

One Winged Slayer
Jan 10, 2018
Australia
This isn't how we traditionally find out about these games, but it seems like the US Nintendo website has updated their list early with the three games for this month, and one of them is pretty interesting:
  • Donkey Kong Jr.
  • Clu Clu Land
  • VS. Excitebike
The latter of these games, Vs. Excitebike (a multiplayer version of the original game), is an interesting inclusion as it was originally a Japan-Only game. While it ended up on the Wii U Virtual Console in North America, PAL regions will likely be receiving this game for the first time through this service.

Onilink

Oct 30, 2017
*insert Joseph joestar gif "and now you will say 'where are my SNES games?' "

ann3nova.

Oct 27, 2017
YAais6X.gif

canonj

Oct 27, 2017
I had a lot of fun with Clu Clu Land in Animal Crossing, so I'm looking forward to playing it again. I'm probably the only one, though! Haha.

Oct 20, 2018
Brazil
Does anyone know or keep track of how many first-party NES games are left until we have all of them on this service? I hope we'll start getting games like EarthBound Beginnings and Murasame Castle soon.

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
Does anyone know or keep track of how many first-party NES games are left until we have all of them on this service? I hope we'll start getting games like EarthBound Beginnings and Murasame Castle soon.
I'd like to know this too. Would love to try out EarthBound Beginnings.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
If Nintendo could just do me a solid and slap up Panel De Pon or Tetris attack on here, I would need no other games from them. Granted, I know that's SNES and not NES but the point remains.The NES library is still doing nothing for me. Though at least they seem to be adding titles of unique variety for those that still use it.

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Oh snap Vs. Excitebike! Amazing game right there that's so much better than the original, everyone should at least try it.

If Nintendo could just do me a solid and slap up Panel De Pon or Tetris attack on here, I would need no other games from them.
I bought a second Switch to use for emulation and stuff. Literally the only thing I've played on it is tons and tons of Panel de Pon, haha. It really is an amazing portable game.

I just wish Intelligent Systems would make a new one...

bulletbill10

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I really like Clu Clu land. That should be a fun one. I forget if it has multiplayer?

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
I'd have expected Vs. Excitebike to be an arcade archives game
There is a game called Vs. Excitebike on the Vs. System arcade hardware, but that's different from the FDS game Vs. Excitebike. When Nintendo made the Famicom Disk System, they made several enhanced versions of old NES games, including:

- "Clu Clu Land: Welcome to New Clu Clu Land" which has additional stages. This first came out in America in Animal Crossing as Clu Clu Land D.

- Ice Climber, which has a fancy new interface and new stages.

- Vs. Excitebike, arguably the most enhanced, which received a major overhaul. It contains levels from the arcade Vs. Excitebike and it has a new 2 player mode called "Vs. Excite". Plus background music!

So basically, I guess they decided to base the new FDS game off of the old Vs. arcade game, so they kept the title.

As an aside, I didn't actually know that Clu Clu Land in Animal Crossing was the FDS game until I wrote this post. I wonder if what we are getting on Switch is the original Clu Clu Land or the enhanced FDS game.

Bate

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
only the hot stuff as usual.

Joking aside. If you would have told me that after two years into the life of this system I still can't play classic Nintendo games on it (for said purpose the system is perfect for) I wouldn't have bothered to hope for it and moved on.

Myriotes

Jan 30, 2018
Germany

Looking at games that released in Europe/PAL or NA:

Nintendo-developed games left: 21 [16] (excluding Mario Bros Classics, Donkey Kong Classics and Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!)

(Barker Bill's Trick Shooting)
Devil World
Donkey Kong 3
Donkey Kong Jr. Math
Duck Hunt
Golf
Gumshoe
Gyromite
Hogan's Alley
(Kung Fu)
Mach Rider
Pinball
(Popeye)
Stack-Up
(Tetris)
(Tetris 2)
Urban Champion
Volleyball
Wild Gunman
Wrecking Crew
Zoda's Revenge: StarTropics II

HAL-developed games left: 9 [7]

(Adventures of Lolo 2)
Adventures of Lolo 3
Air Fortress
Joust
Millipede
(New Ghostbusters II)
Othello
Rollerball
Vegas Dream

Nintendo-published (PAL/NA) games left: 54

Nintendo-published (JP) games left: 49

Last edited:

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Low key I would like to see The Adventures of Bayou Billy on here even though I'd be stuck playing the shooting stages with an on screen reticle since there's no real way to use a zapper.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
As usual, I'm content so long as we're still getting three games a month. I actually do want to try Clu Clu out again, so that's nice to see, and VS Excitebike is also great.

I think the odds for Earthbound and Murasame are both decent, as we've gotten them through the Virtual Console in the past. Nintendo's current policy for "imports" on here seems to be releasing things that have been on the VC before (Lost Levels, VS Excitebike) and skipping things that haven't, even if they're completely playable for non-Japanese readers (Joy Mech).

Super Mario Bros.™: The Lost Levels Logo has a different size than all the others.
My OCD!

Yes, this legitimately bothered me more than it should have. I spent so much time organizing the game boxes and now I can't quite get it to look right anymore. :P

(I'd ask for the ability to hide SP versions first though)

Oct 20, 2018
Brazil

Nintendo-developed games left: 21 (excluding Mario Bros Classics, Donkey Kong Classics and Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!)

Barker Bill's Trick Shooting
Devil World
Donkey Kong 3
Donkey Kong Jr. Math
Duck Hunt
Golf
Gumshoe
Gyromite
Hogan's Alley
Kung Fu
Mach Rider
Pinball
Popeye
Stack-Up
Tetris
Tetris 2
Urban Champion
Volleyball
Wild Gunman
Wrecking Crew

HAL-developed games left: 8

Adventures of Lolo 3
Air Fortress
Joust
Millipede
New Ghostbusters II
Othello
Rollerball
Vegas Dream

Is Adventures of Lolo 2 available in NA already? I've only seen the first one in there. In any case, there's still a long way to go it seems. Thanks for making these!

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is Adventures of Lolo 2 available in NA already? I've only seen the first one in there. In any case, there's still a long way to go it seems. Thanks for making these!

The Famicom app has Japanese Lolo 1 which is the same engine and assets as US Lolo 2 although not all the same levels.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Nintendo-developed games left: 21 (excluding Mario Bros Classics, Donkey Kong Classics and Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!)

Barker Bill's Trick Shooting
Devil World
Donkey Kong 3
Donkey Kong Jr. Math
Duck Hunt
Golf
Gumshoe
Gyromite
Hogan's Alley
Kung Fu
Mach Rider
Pinball
Popeye
Stack-Up
Tetris
Tetris 2
Urban Champion
Volleyball
Wild Gunman
Wrecking Crew

HAL-developed games left: 8

Adventures of Lolo 3
Air Fortress
Joust
Millipede
New Ghostbusters II
Othello
Rollerball
Vegas Dream

Kung-Fu is not a Nintendo game, it's a Irem game that Nintendo published for the NES launch in 1985, and they probably don't have the rights for it anymore.

Also you might as well take out all licensed games from that list (Popeye, Ghostbusters) because they're definitely not going to happen.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Only reason I have online is the free deal with Twitch Prime membership. Even then I feel like its a ripoff. Please bring snes games

Myriotes

Jan 30, 2018
Germany
Kung-Fu is not a Nintendo game, it's a Irem game that Nintendo published for the NES launch in 1985, and they probably don't have the rights for it anymore.

Also you might as well take out all licensed games from that list (Popeye, Ghostbusters) because they're definitely not going to happen.

Well, that's the problem when working with Wikipedia lists. Seems like the NES version was (co-)developed and published by Nintendo, that's how it ended up in my list.