• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/1...astlevania-in-new-multiverse-from-adi-shankar

IGN said:
IGN can confirm that an animated-series adaptation of Capcom's popular video game franchise, Devil May Cry, is in the works. The series will be developed by Castlevania executive producer Adi Shankar.

Shankar, in an exclusive interview with IGN's Jacki Jing, also revealed that his Devil May Cry series "will join Castlevania in what we're now calling the bootleg multiverse."
While Shankar didn't give us any specifics in terms of what this all means for the series' overall story, he did inform us that he "acquired these (Devil May Cry) rights myself so the jabronis in Hollywood don't f*** this one up too." Shankar's financial investment should allow him more creative freedom, as he begins to build this wildly ambitious multiverse of his.
Shankar attributes the Devil May Cry series announcement to the success Castlevania, which he says, "really over-performed. It did crazy well. We immediately got greenlit for Season 3." Thanking the fans who made this all possible, Shankar said, "I wouldn't have a job if it wasn't for the fans."

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So like an actual multiverse or just part of their japanese games made into western cartoons canon?

Sean

Oct 25, 2017
Longview
c8yhoee6xdugxt9km83o.gif

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah , this is something that makes me slightly interested. Was really big on DMC during the first two games on PS2. And since I don't play much anymore, I'm happy to get that universe over in an anime.

Guess I'm also watching Castlevania now.

Ryuelli

Oct 26, 2017
Not for me. Castlevania was neat, but I couldn't be any less interested in DMC if I tried.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Eh.....that's cool I guess. Preferred a Zelda show but I'm super happy for those who wanted this!