• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NMFried

Oct 25, 2017
TX

Super into the Netflix 'Castlevania' series, though I'm sure whatever this is would have a different tone.

Anthology series? Prestige?

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The rumour is for Zelda obviously but Metroid wold be so much better suited for adaption, IMO.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Totally awesome if this happens. That Castlevania series was great.

Prof Bathtub

Apr 26, 2018
Hm, well it wouldn't be hard to find animation directors/boarders who were hugely inspired from a young age by Zelda.

Red Devil

Oct 29, 2017
If true, it better live up to the expectation set by this masterpiece.

tenor.gif

Regulus Tera

Oct 25, 2017
oh yeah time for unnecessary cursing and badly paced scripts with limp cliffhangers

at least the sakuga will be nice

Ishaan

Oct 27, 2017
I highly, highly doubt Nintendo lets Adi Shankar touch Zelda. (No offense to the guy, just that he seems to have one type of mood/story he's good at creating, and it doesn't fit Zelda)

...well, unless they're taking the Netflix show in a super dark, super violent, super grimy direction.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A high budget animated Metroid series would be AMAZING

Zelda like much more of....a challenge. I am keeping an open mind but Metroid just seem like a no-brainer but they probably think that Zelda is the bigger franchise. Fantasy maybe also an easier sell than sci-fi.

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
Zelda could work well if it had killer atmosphere and was paced like Samurai Jack.
*cough* It'd work better with Metroid though *cough*

mutantmagnet

Oct 28, 2017
Agreed, but also. Why not both!?
Well it still is one production company.

When Bertanalli Productions expanded from Arrow to Flash everyone felt the drop in quality for Arrow and if you paid attention to the credits it would bear out that most of the best directors, writers, fight choreographers etc were reassigned to Flash season 1 and 2.

A production team needs to be careful in selecting a B squad.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Metroid is my favorite franchise of all time but what were all of you guys saying it hoping to see?

I mean Zelda has a ton of character archetypes and cool lore that would give a good backbone to a show, but what would y'all wanna see with Metroid? Past timeline? Present? Chozo? Galactic fed? Other bounty hunters?

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
crying holy shit

Castlevania Netflix is edgelord trash

contextually, that scene made sense is castlevania. also, those dialogue were said in jest....and not serious. Like 2 friends messing around with each other.

the final scene where trevor wave good bye to alucard only to get a middle finger from him is hilarious.

MattB

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean small chance but what are the chances it's a announced during a Nintendo Direct that day? I forget how normal a Friday direct is .

Status
Not open for further replies.