• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/netflix-fires-kevin-spacey-from-house-of-cards-1202607002/

Netflix has officially parted ways with "House of Cards" star Kevin Spacey amid mounting claims of sexual assault and harassment.

The streaming giant also announced it has cancelled the "Gore" Vidal biopic, which was set to star the embattled actor.

"Netflix will not be involved with any further production of House of Cards that includes Kevin Spacey," a spokesman for Netflix said in a statement. "We will continue to work with MRC during this hiatus time to evaluate our path forward as it relates to the show. We have also decided we will not be moving forward with the release of the film Gore, which was in post-production, starring and produced by Kevin Spacey."

Story developing…

tormented

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So I guess the reports about Frank being potentially killed off are probably going to be accurate.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So I guess they'll make a spinoff? Don't see how they could make a Season 6 and off-screen the leading man.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Has a show ever been good after its main actor was randomly killed off at the beginning of a season because he was fired in real life? Kind of curious about this.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The fact they arent releasing a movie in POST PRODUCTION is crazy. Now mi want to see it for the hell of it. shit

Dysun

Oct 25, 2017
Miami
It was probably the right thing to do, but I can't imagine Season 6 as anything but a disaster at this point.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OMG at the IMDB Synopsis for Gore:

"A young man spends a summer in Italy where he meets his idol, Gore Vidal, who teaches him about life, love, and politics."

Fuck man, that movie might have to go into the SEALED FOREVER vault along with The Day the Crown Cried.

FireSafetyBear

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Has a show ever been good after its main actor was randomly killed off at the beginning of a season because he was fired in real life? Kind of curious about this.

Or any show losing their main characters.

They've all sucked, at least the ones I've watched. CSI went downhill the second they lost William Peterson.

Steve Carell The Office.

Charlie Sheen Two And A Half Men.

David Duchovny The X Files

Spine_Ripper

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why we're asking how they'd do this. The latest season literally ends with
Claire being in charge. The show could easily transition leads as she finally is in the same league as Francis after she killed her boy toy.
The show should end, but it's not impossible to continue from the ending of last season.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Criminal Minds had more seasons without Mandy Patinkin than with, and there was little quality drop off, if any.

He asked if a show had been good. That was a bad show that got worse.
Yeah, it was way worse with Kutcher.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The fact they arent releasing a movie in POST PRODUCTION is crazy.
I'm sure Spacey can find some company without morals to pick up and distribute his movie.

Meanwhile I just want to say thank you Netflix for completely cutting ties with this disgusting person, hopefully others follow suit and his victims find justice.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Curious how they'll handle his other upcoming appearances. His next two (final two?) movies are "The Billionaire Boys Club" and "All the Money in the World"...

FRANKEINSTEIN

Oct 27, 2017
AZ
fWx327.gif

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Sucks for the rest of the cast and crew.

You know this has to show sometimes why it's hard to come forward with charges against someone big if you're working on set with them like this. If you pull them down you potentially risk basically putting your entire crew out of business for a bit, too. My heart goes out to anyone put in that shitty situation by scumbags like Spacey.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This doesn't read like Kevin Spacey has been fired at all. It just sounds like Netflix is going to refuse to distribute episodes of the show with his involvement.

Whether or not Spacey is fired is probably up to the production company. In theory they could film a final season with Spacey in every episode, and release it through some other service.

JABEE

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing they will continue to make money off the five previous seasons with Kevin Spacey in it that helped legitimize Netflix as a major content producer.