• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Socivol

Oct 25, 2017
I never knew this show existed. It probably has bad viewership because they don't promote it. This post is the first I've ever heard about the show and I'm on Netflix daily.

WiZaRdOuS

Nov 8, 2018
Lol ouch.
Altered Carbon better have a HUGE budget. I feel for the fans, I felt this when they axed Friends from College... smh
All in a day, I guess

Plainswalker

Apr 14, 2018
Canada
I never knew this show existed. It probably has bad viewership because they don't promote it. This post is the first I've ever heard about the show and I'm on Netflix daily.
Netflix's MO lately is that they don't promote any of their shows aside from maybe one or two a month, and shovel it out along with all of the other dreck they produce and then wonder why the few quality things don't get enough viewers????

Ginta

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Didn't even know it existed. Entirely on Netflix not promoting in the least.

iiicon

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Awful. It's one of the few standout shows on Netflix and I don't think it could have been made any cheaper.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Heard of it, but Netflix has never suggested it or showcased it to me once. Meanwhile things I've already watched long ago are everywhere I look.

Shedinja

Nov 30, 2017
First time in quite a while that I've been this upset over a cancellation. It's such a good show and it could not have possibly been expensive to produce.

Never heard of it. And every time there's a "Netflix cancels..." thread, I keep expecting it to be MST3K.

Didn't even know it existed. Entirely on Netflix not promoting in the least.

It's a shame, really. It's been critically acclaimed from the beginning. The only promotion I've seen for it came from people trying to spread the word to avoid cancellation.

OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never heard of it. And every time there's a "Netflix cancels..." thread, I keep expecting it to be MST3K.
Heard of it, but Netflix has never suggested it or showcased it to me once. Meanwhile things I've already watched long ago are everywhere I look.
This show is a gem, and if you haven't watched it, watch it now. The now-series finale is satisfying enough.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
First time in quite a while that I've been this upset over a cancellation. It's such a good show and it could not have possibly been expensive to produce.

It's a shame, really. It's been critically acclaimed from the beginning. The only promotion I've seen for it came from people trying to spread the word to avoid cancellation.

This show is a gem, and if you haven't watched it, watch it now. The now-series finale is satisfying enough.

Will do.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
I heard about this show for what feels like years ago and remembered waiting for Season 2 to hit.

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
I've never heard of this show until last week when I was on Netflix and it popped up. Surprised to see it was already on season 3

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
What the fuck? I ain't seen S3 yet but the first two seasons are more or less the best thing on Netflix.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe Apple's new mysterious stream service will pick it up.

iiicon

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yeah the marketing for this show was non-existent. I only watched it because my youngest opened Netflix after school one day and it was on the recently added carousel. Would it have killed them to add a trailer at the end of Fuller House or something?

GustyGardens

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I started watching because it was constantly recommend to me by Netflix. I finally jumped in and loved it. It's sad that the last season was really the last season. I hope it gets picked up again at some point.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
NO IT'S MY FAVORITE SHOW ON NETFLIX.

As someone who comes from a cuban family, it really felt like an extension of my family and the tropes were really funny to me. It's such a massive shame it was cancelled, hopefully someone picks it up.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
For me it was just tainted by the 70s version, not in really a bad way just a "ehhhh... I never saw the original except maybe 5 mins as a kid... I don't really care about another family drama show..."

I am probably part of the problem but for me to choose to watch a new show instead of rewatch an old show I love, and at this point there is literally 1000+ hours of that just on Netflix, it has to have something insane about the concept, like Altered Carbon (transfer your bodies into clones in the future!), Stranger Things, or even historical violence shows like Peaky Blinders. A show about a family struggling with ordinary life is... well... something I experience, not something I wanna see on TV.

Hrodulf

Oct 25, 2017
This was literally the reason I clicked this thread. Didn't even know it was a thing, yet it had been on Netflix since 2017.

ZiggyPalffyLA

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California
OP
OP

Deleted member 5853

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it ended on a cliffhanger though...
What cliffhanger? Penelope became a Nurse Practitioner, Lydia and Leslie are friends, Schneider and his love interest get back together and he starts the road to recovery, and both Elena and Alex are doing fine. It was basically a return to the normal with Penelope achieving her dream and her family continuing to be happy.
Never mind, remembered what it was.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
What cliffhanger? Penelope became a Nurse Practitioner, Lydia and Leslie are friends, Schneider and his love interest get back together and he starts the road to recovery, and both Elena and Alex are doing fine. It was basically a return to the normal with Penelope achieving her dream and her family continuing to be happy.
Uhm...
the grandmother went back to Cuba

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, didn't realize there were two more seasons. Watched S1 back when it came out due to a thread here, thought it was fine, and then proceeded to ignore all the "y'all sleeping on One Day at a Time" threads because I thought I was finished. S1 was a nice arc I thought: the idea that there was going to be more never really occurred to me.

I'll have to give it a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.