• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZiggyPalffyLA

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California

#SaveODAAT has also been the #1 trending topic worldwide damn near since the Netflix announcement.

I have hope. A fool's hope.

This show probably isn't $$$ to produce and has a very underrepresented,vocal audience championing it, hard to imagine it isn't picked somewhere. Even if it wouldn't be wholly " profitable", the sheer positive press and goodwill it will generate for whichever service picks it up would be enough

This is where my hope hinges.

I'm not sure about that. This is the first time I've ever seen it talked about in-depth (...possibly at all?)

I've had a thread that's consistently been hitting the front page every few days or so over the past month. Might be selective perception but I'm glad you're giving it a shot!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ya...oot-of-one-day-at-a-time.99024/#post-18854466

Last edited:

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Started binging this tonight and I feel so bad I'm LTTP on it, it's really, really good. S/O to all the Porto's references šŸ˜

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That sucks. I only just heard about the show last week and we binged it even though sitcoms aren't my thing. I thought it was pretty good and the cancellation will leave a number of unresolved storylines

Montresor

Oct 27, 2017
I have never heard of this show until today. It doesn't seem like my kind of show. I don't really care that it's cancelled. But it sucks for those that loved it and enjoyed it. I really hated when Sense8 and all the various Marvel shows got cancelled.

I usually rely on Netflix themselves or resetera threads to advertise a new show to me.

MegaMan

Oct 30, 2017
3. There are probably a lot of Netflix shows that fall under this category. They seem to enjoy spending on content but not necessarily advertising.

The only time I ever saw this is when I left my Wii U on and it cycled through stills of like 5 different Netflix originals that I've never heard of. They need to do a far better job on that front.

Edward

ā–² Legend ā–²
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
This is why i don't get attached to Netflix shows. They've canceled everything worth watching.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Aww, it's not something I watched myself (I don't watch much TV at all to begin with though), but some friends really loved it so this is sad to hear. Seemed like a sitcom that was actually genuinely trying to be modern and progressive, and it's a shame to lose that.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
This really sucks. The show had some of the best depictions of systemic depression I've ever seen on TV, and is one of like three shows I watch on Netflix. It feels like it never really got any promotion or coverage online. All I can really do now is hope of a miracle that it gets picked up by Hulu or something.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
The only time I ever saw this is when I left my Wii U on and it cycled through stills of like 5 different Netflix originals that I've never heard of. They need to do a far better job on that front.

One thing I dislike about Netflix is them pushing shows that I have already watched, when there's no new episodes. And the recently added list always contain shows and films that were added ages ago. They should also stop showing content that I have already downvoted on my first page or recommendation.

Last edited:

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
This was the remake/revisioning of the original One Day at a Time? I saw previews, but I don't have Netflix. It seemed like an interesting show, and I really like Rita Moreno.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
This was the remake/revisioning of the original One Day at a Time? I saw previews, but I don't have Netflix. It seemed like an interesting show, and I really like Rita Moreno.

She's wonderful in this.

To be honest I've never been a big fan of muliticam sitcoms but I really enjoyed this show.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Deadline has an interesting write-up on how finding a new home for ODAAT could be harder than it seems.

According to the article, apparently CBS Corp. is interested in picking the show up for a fourth season and airing it on their streaming platform, CBS All Access (home to shows like "Star Trek: Discovery" and "The Good Fight"). However, there is a strange rule that Netflix has incorporated with nearly all of its shows:

Deadline said:
There was some immediate interest ā€” I hear that on Thursday, CBS Corp executives made an inquiry about possibly picking up the show for their streaming platform CBS All Access. But that inquiry hit a snag.

There is a standard clause in virtually all deals for Netflix series from outside studios that prevents the shows from airing elsewhere for a significant period of time ā€” said to be two to three years ā€” after they are canceled by the Internet network. That's why none of the popular but recently deep-sixed Marvel series could migrate to the upcoming Disney+ direct-to-consumer platform, and why CBS TV Studios' well received comedy "American Vandal," canceled by Netflix in October after two seasons, would not move to the studio's sibling CBS All Access.

So, if CBS All Access is interested in ODAAT, they would have to wait 2-3 years until this Netfilx rule passes. It's a hard sell for a different streaming network to wait on a show since a lot of things can happen in that time, most notably that the cast and crew could move on to different shows. However, if CBS proper (the actual network) were to pick up ODAAT, they could air it in the fall with no problems. We'll just have to wait and see unfortunately.

Last edited:

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Deadline has an interesting write-up on how finding a new home for ODAAT could be harder than it seems.

According to the article, apparently CBS Corp. is interested in picking the show up for a fourth season and airing it on their streaming platform, CBS All Access (home to shows like Star Trek: Discovery and The Good Fight). However, there is a strange rule that Netflix has incorporated with nearly all of its shows:

So, if CBS All Access is interested in ODAAT, they would have to wait 2-3 years until this Netfilx rule passes. It's a hard sell for a different streaming network to wait on a show since a lot of things can happen in that time, most notably that the cast and crew could move on to different shows. However, if CBS proper (the actual network) were to pick up ODAAT, they could air it in the fall with no problems. We'll just have to wait and see unfortunately.

Hmm I mean it doesn't seem so strange, but surprised no way around it. Like CBS paying them upfront to buy out the no-compete clause.

Then again... it may not be worth it

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
Auring the show on CBS would require considerable run time cuts.

(That said, the episodes have gotten noticeably shorter as the seasons have progressed.)

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.