• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
This looks freaking awesome. I had never heard about it.
I'm three episodes in and it's pretty fun so far. She makes some crazy stuff and the puppets are amusing. Not sure how it got a PG rating, though. The raccoon is a nymphomaniac and some of the jokes make it inappropriate for kids lol.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably watch it later this month, it looks fun.

Right now I'm watching Requiem, it's a six episodes drama/mystery produced by the BBC, with some light horror/supernatural elements. It's a slow burn but I like stuff like that and well, it's only six episodes. The setting is a small town in Wales where obviously there are some dark secrets. A young woman arrives in town to ask questions about an incident that occured in the mid 90's, and it reopens old wounds for everyone. There, I can't give a less spoilery synopsis than that.

dZ0YrDL.jpg

So yeah, like I said it's a slow burn but personally after fifteen minutes I knew I was gonna binge through it. Anyone else watched it? I thought about making a LTTP thread because I haven't seen anyone talking about it but I want to see if the ending is good or not. I think it's the type of show that leaves some questions unanswered but then again, sometimes I like it better that way (much like in Twin Peaks). I'm gonna watch the second half right now.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I liked Requiem a lot and I hope there'll be a season 2. It could end there but there's potential for more.

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Right by the info that tells you the rating of the show/movie, how long it is, etc, it will say HD, Ultra HD 4K or HDR.

Also, make sure you upgrade your membership to include 4K content.
Okay, so there is a problem, everything shows as Hd, I am sure that is because I only have a 1080p tv and I am using a regular xbox so the app does not support 4k.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Added today:

A User's Guide to Cheating Death Season 2 (TV, Doc)
Accidentally in Love Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Ask the Doctor Season 1 (TV, Doc, Netflix Original)
Best.Worst.Weeknd.Ever. Season 1 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
Club de Cuervos Presents: I, Potro (Comedy, Netflix Original)
Daredevil Season 3 (TV, Action, Netflix Original)
Derren Brown: Sacrifice (Reality, Netflix Original)
Gnome Alone (Family, Netflix Original)
Haunted Season 1 (TV, Horror, Netflix Original)
Hip-Hop Evolution Season 2 (TV, Doc, Netflix Original)
Illang: The Wolf Brigade (Action, SciFi, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Larva Island Season 1 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
Making a Murderer Part 2 (TV, Doc, Netflix Original)
The Night Comes for Us (Action, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Wanderlust Season 2 (TV, Drama, Netflix Original)
Wild District Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Haunting of Hill House is really good and I enjoyed the kids timeline more than the adult timeline, they were great kid actors. Every time adult characters in a family get together it always end up in an episode of Shameless or Bloodines in which everyone just screams at each other and never tells anyone anything because..drama!

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Added today:

Adam Sandler 100% Fresh (Standup, Netflix Original)
Bodyguard Season 1 (TV, Drama, Netflix Original)
God Knows Where I Am (Doc)
The Apartment Season 3 (TV, Reality)
The Hollywood Masters Season 3 (TV, Doc)

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
I actually watched 13 Reasons Why S2 through. I.. I kind of want to write a review on it tbh.

Its not horrible, its not great, its pretty mediocre. The final episode had 3 moments I enjoyed, but overall was one one of the worst episodes I've seen in TV/Streaming. And I've watched 8 seasons of Walking Dead lol

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Coming:

Nov. 1
Angela's Christmas (Netflix Original) Based on Frank McCourt's children's book, this animated movie follows a young girl who goes to church in Ireland in the 1910s on Christmas Eve.
Bram Stoker's Dracula
Bring It On: In It to Win It
Cape Fear
Children of Men
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Cloverfield
Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo
Doctor Strange
Follow This: Part 3 (Netflix Original) BuzzFeed reporters research a variety of topics for this docuseries, including sexbots and superbug snipers.
From Dusk Till Dawn
Good Will Hunting
Jet Li's Fearless
Julie & Julia
Katt Williams: The Pimp Chronicles: Pt. 1
National Lampoon's Animal House
Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow
Planet Hulk
Scary Movie 2
Scary Movie 3
Sex and the City: The Movie
Sixteen Candles
Stink!
The English Patient
The Judgement (Netflix Original) A show from Thailand about a college student who tries to change the gossip culture of her school.
The Untold Tales of Armistead Maupin
The Water Horse: Legend of the Deep
Transcendence

Nov. 2
Brainchild(Netflix Original) A show for kids that aims to make science relatable.

House of Cards: Season 6 (Netflix Original) After production was suspended because of Kevin Spacey's sexual abuse scandal, his Frank Underwood is dead and Robin Wright's Claire is the star and first woman president.

ReMastered: Tricky Dick & The Man in Black (Netflix Original) This documentary chronicles Johnny Cash's 1970 visit to the White House, where Cash's shifting ideals clashed with Richard Nixon's policies.

The Holiday Calendar (Netflix Film) A photographer stuck in a rut (Kat Graham) gets a boost from an inherited advent calendar that may have magical, future-predicting and love-finding abilities.

The Other Side of the Wind (Netflix Film) Netflix finished director Orson Welles' film about a day in the life of a director looking for a comeback.

They'll Love Me When I'm Dead (Netflix Original) A documentary about Orson Welles' "The Other Side of the Wind."

Trolls: The Beat Goes On!: Season 4 (Netflix Original) In the cartoon, peppy pink-haired Poppy sets off on adventures.

Nov. 3
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil

Nov. 4
Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj (streaming Sundays) (Netflix Original) The former "Daily Show" comedian and White House Correspondents' Dinner headliner showcases his storytelling skills in a weekly show.

Nov. 5
Homecoming: Season 1

John Leguizamo's Latin History for Morons (Netflix Original) The Colombian-American actor stars in a Tony-nominated one-man Broadway show, using humor to examine 3,000 years of Latino history.

Nov. 7
Into the Forest
The Sea of Trees

Nov. 9
Beat Bugs: Season 3 (Netflix Original) The animated series with bug-like creatures and Beatles tunes continues.

La Reina del Flow (Netflix Original) A Colombian telenovela about a talented songwriter who seeks justice after being wrongly imprisoned.

Medal of Honor (Netflix Original) Oscar-winning executive producer Robert Zemeckis and director James Moll present stories about Medal of Honor recipients, as told by military veterans and using dramatic reenactments.

Outlaw King (Netflix Film) Chris Pine throws axes and rides horses as vengeance-seeking Robert the Bruce in this period drama.

Spirit Riding Free: Season 7 (Netflix Original) The kids' series about a girl named Lucky her horse, Spirit, returns.

Super Drags (Netflix Original) An animated series that looks like "The Powerpuff Girls," if they were three gay friends who turned in to crime-fighting drag queens at night for an adult audience.

The Great British Baking Show: Collection 6 (Netflix Original) The search for "star bakers" continues on this competition series.

Treehouse Detectives: Season 2 (Netflix Original) Brother and sister bears Toby and Teri are back on the case in this animated series.

Westside (Netflix Original) A reality series set in L.A., where musicians try to follow their dreams (and share music videos along the way).

Nov. 12
Green Room

Nov. 13

Loudon Wainwright III: Surviving Twin (Netflix Original) A Funny Or Die production directed by Christopher Guest stars the Grammy-winning singer, who hosts a night of music and storytelling.

Oh My Ghost (Netflix Original) In this romantic South Korean movie, a timid chef gains the confidence of a sassy ghost and catches the eye of her crush.

Warrior (Netflix Original) A war veteran who returns home with guilt agrees to take down a biker gang.

Nov. 15
May The Devil Take You (Netflix Film) In this Indonesian horror film, a young woman finds dark truths about her estranged father.

The Crew (Netflix Film) A French film about armed robbers in Paris who are forced into a high-stakes heist.

Nov. 16
Cam (Netflix Film) In this thriller, an erotic webcam performer has her identity stolen by a look-alike.

Narcos: Mexico (Netflix Original) Pablo Escobar may be departing but the show about drug cartels continues in Mexico.

Ponysitters Club: Season 2 (Netflix Original) Skye and the Rescue Ranch continue their adventures and saving animals.

Prince of Peoria (Netflix Original) A family-friendly sitcom about a 13-year-old prince who goes incognito as a U.S. exchange student.

She-Ra and the Princesses of Power (Netflix Original) A reboot of the animated 1980s series about a magic sword that transforms an orphan girl into warrior She-Ra.

The Ballad of Buster Scruggs (Netflix) Joel and Ethan Coen's sprawling Western is split into six idiosyncratic chapters, each with its own story and characters, in genres such as slapstick comedy, tragic romance and existential horror

The Break-Up

The Kominsky Method (Netflix Original) In this Chuck Lorre ("Big Bang Theory") comedy series, Michael Douglas stars as an actor turned Hollywood acting coach alongside Alan Arkin, who plays his best friend.

The Princess Switch (Netflix Film) The movie, which stars Vanessa Hudgens, is about a baker and soon-to-be princess who plan to trade places, "Model Behavior"-style.

Nov. 18
The Pixar Story

Nov. 19
The Last Kingdom: Season 3 (Netflix Original) Warrior Uhtred takes command and confront a new threat, Danish warlord Sigrid.

Nov. 20
Kulipari: Dream Walker (Netflix Original) The animated series about anthropomorphic frogs sends them on a rescue mission to save a village called Dream Walker.

Motown Magic (Netflix Original) Kids will learn their musical "ABC" – not to mention "My Girl" and "Superstition" – with this animated family series.

Sabrina (Netflix Film) Not to be confused with last month's "The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina," this movie is about a toymaker and his wife who are terrorized by a demonized doll after their adopted child tries to summon her late mother's spirit.

The Final Table (Netflix Original) Another food competition series, this time with a glossy set, international chefs and host Andrew Knowlton of Bon Appetit.

Trevor Noah: Son of Patricia (Netflix Original) A new comedy special from "The Daily Show" host, who announced the show with a baby in a chicken suit.

Nov. 21
The Tribe (Netflix Film) In this movie that shares a title with a film about a deaf community in Ukraine, an executive-turned-viral sensation loses his reputation and his memory, but finds a new life with his biological mother and her empowered dance group.

Nov. 22
Jiro Dreams of Sushi

Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Gauntlet (Netflix Original) Captive robots and a host are forced to watch six hilariously cheesy -- and riffworthy -- films.

The Christmas Chronicles (Netflix Film) Kurt Russell plays a cool Santa Claus in this holiday adventure film.

Nov. 23
Frontier: Season 3 (Netflix Original) The period drama starring Jason Momoa returns.

Fugitiva (Netflix Original) A Spanish drama about a woman who maps an escape plan camouflaged as a kidnapping to protect her children from her husband's enemies.

Sick Note: Seasons 1-2 (Netflix Original) Rupert Grint stars, alongside Don Johnson and Nick Frost, as a man who's treated better after being diagnosed with cancer. Then he learns he was misdiagnosed.

To Build or Not to Build: Season 2

Nov. 25
My Little Pony Friendship is Magic: Best Gift Ever

Nov. 27
Bumping Mics Stand-Up Series (Netflix Original) Roast pros and veteran comedians Jeff Ross and Dave Attell make fun of each other and welcome special guests.

Nov. 29
Pocoyo: Season 4

Nov. 30
1983 (Netflix Original) In this crime show set in totalitarian Poland, a law student and detective uncover a conspiracy that's kept the Iron Curtain standing.

A Christmas Prince: The Royal Wedding (Netflix Film) A sequel to last year's fun to watch (though widely panned) "A Christmas Prince."

Baby (Netflix Original) A controversial Italian series about a high school student who leads a scandalous secret life.

Death by Magic (Netflix Original) British magician Drummond Money-Coutts uncovers the stories of magicians who died while performing dangerous stunts.

F is for Family: Season 3 (Netflix Original) Vince Vaughn voices a fighter pilot in the third season of the animated Bill Burr show.

Happy as Lazzaro (Netflix Film) Lazzaro, a sharecropper in rural Italy, is content with his life until a landowner's son changes everything in this arthouse drama.

Rajma Chawal (Netflix Film) In this Indian film, veteran actor Rishi Kapoor plays a father who tries to use social media to connect with his millennial son.

Spy Kids: Mission Critical: Season 2 (Netflix Original) Another season of this animated series based on the films.

The World Is Yours (Netflix Film) A small-time mobster in Paris accepts one last job to escape his life of crime.

Tiempo compartido (Netflix Film) In this drama (translated as "Timeshare") two men join forces to rescue their families from a sinister tropical paradise.

Will update with leaving list when it becomes available.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
I actually watched 13 Reasons Why S2 through. I.. I kind of want to write a review on it tbh.

Its not horrible, its not great, its pretty mediocre. The final episode had 3 moments I enjoyed, but overall was one one of the worst episodes I've seen in TV/Streaming. And I've watched 8 seasons of Walking Dead lol

I enjoyed S1 and thought it was good, but I have skipped S2 because I felt it was unnecessary. Then I have read or continue to read posts like yours and it just cements my desire to not watch it.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
I enjoyed S1 and thought it was good, but I have skipped S2 because I felt it was unnecessary. Then I have read or continue to read posts like yours and it just cements my desire to not watch it.
Let me say this, I love S1. I think the cast does a good job, and its actually pretty personal for me too. Yeah some stuff isn't very realistic and I see the complaints about it.

But its personal because my mother passed away from suicide, April this year. Without being to personal or shy away from the topic, it fucks with you. What I could've done, whose fault it was, the pain of knowing how much it hurt, our final moment together.

I loved S1 for the portayal, when I watched it, I hadn't only lost my mom, I actually went through a breakup at the same time. I remember crying a lot of times, Hannas parents finding her, Clay and Hannahs dance.

Yes it has some teenage drama bullshit, yes its not totally realistic, no I don't know what Hannah felt like, but I do know what Clay, and Hannas parents felt like. The guilt. The pain. I love S1 for that.

S2 has a focus on rape, and even touches a lot on women rights. It takes some of the stereotypes in our society and.. Well I love that, I haven't been raped, I don't know of anyone that has been raped. But I hear about rape almost every single day. Its fucked up, its totally fucked up. And they do somewhat of a good job of showing the "aftermath" of living after getting raped, how tough it is. Why you can't confess etc.

Without spoiling anything for you, the season begins "hyping" up another important theme by EP.. 4 or 5 maybe. And well, they TOTALLY blow it, and the fact of the matter is, they kind of blew away all the progress they made about rape too. The last EP is there to set up S3, and its not.. good. In any way, shape of form.

I could write 50 more paragraphs and if I wrote to long, I'll put it inside of a spoiler post (wrote this on a phone on the toilet, don't know how long it is haha)

I think you.. Kind of should watch it, for some great character development for.. Some characters.. You'll be let down by others as they don't seem to know what to do with them. Some scenes are awesome and some scenes suck. Also, don't expect a realistic trial lol.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Leaving:

Nov. 1

Amelie

Crossfire

Cruel Intentions

Cruel Intentions 2

Cruel Intentions 3

Hellboy II: The Golden Army

Jurassic Park

Jurassic Park III

Oculus

Phenomenon

Run to me

Smokin' Aces 2: Assassins' Ball

Steel Magnolias

The Invasion

The Land Before Time

The Land Before Time II: The Great Valley Adventure

The Land Before Time III: The Time of the Great Giving

The Lazarus Effect

The Lost World: Jurassic Park

The Reader

Up in the Air

Nov. 12

Anna Karenina

Nov. 16

Paddington

Nov. 17

Undercover Boss: Seasons 1-5

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone watched Bates Motel here? It has tempted me for some time, I just hope it has an ending and wasn't cancelled abruptly.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Added today:

Been So Long (Romantic, Drama, Netflix Original)
Castlevania Season 2 (TV, Anime, Netflix Original)
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Part 1 (TV, Fantasy, Netflix Original)
Dovlatov (Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
DreamWorks Spooky Stories Vol 1 (TV, Kids)
Jefe (Comedy, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Santo Cachon (Romantic, Comedy, Foreign)
Shirkers (Doc, Netflix Original)
Terrorism Close Calls Season 1 (TV, Doc, Crime, Netflix Original)
W/O Ram (Thriller, Foreign)

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is Castlevania any good?

Season 1 is really more of the first third of a larger story. Its a lot of set up, world building and so on. Season 2 is twice as long and is the middle and end to all that build up from season 1. Its vulgar and violent and the animation can be a bit uneven but the fights are often brutal and really well done and the characters are a lot of fun in my opinion. Season 2 was a blast.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished watching Salvation. Where do I get a refund for my time? I got to the end of season 1 and figured I might as well slog it out but ooh boy. It's kind of like a poor mans 24 with escalation upon escalation, and twist upon twist. But then just fizzles out at the end.

And there is one character - Nicholas Tanz - The uncle of one of the main characters - that has a weird accent malfunction halfway through the second season. He starts out with an odd accent that is difficult to pinpoint but then suddenly goes broad English lout/cockney and then fall back to the original with bits of South African in there. It's really peculiar.

If you're interested by the premise of an asteroid coming to wipe out all life - don't be.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No, Bates Motel has a definite end. Really entertaining show, with 2 great lead performances. The relationship between Norman and Norman is fantastic.
Awesome. I watched Psycho and Psycho II this week. Gonna watch III and IV next week even if they're not as good, then I'll start Bates Motel.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Bates Motel was good. I watched it all as it aired.

When did Dexter leave Netflix? I just got Netflix and was hoping to watch it. It's too bad The X-Files left as well, but I've seen it all.

Maker

Nov 15, 2017
Nov. 19
The Last Kingdom: Season 3 (Netflix Original) Warrior Uhtred takes command and confront a new threat, Danish warlord Sigrid.

Hell yes! I thought this show was done. Its great. Nice to see there'll be a new season.

BTW what's up with MST3k - are they gonna release new episodes sporadically?

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Added today:

Don't Watch This Season 1 (TV, Horror)
Equals (Romantic, SciFi)
Fate: Extra Last Encore (TV, Anime, Netflix Original)
Jeopardy Collection 1 (TV, Game Show)
Kings (Drama)
Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj Volume 1 (TV, Talk Show, Netflix Original)
The Degenerates Season 1 (TV, Standup, Netflix Original)
The Sound of Your Heart: Reboot Season 1 (TV, Comedy, Foreign, Netflix Original)

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Been watching a few shows.

Maniac is great. Loving Emma and Jonah in this.
The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is living up to the hype for me.
Castlevania S2, still at the beginning, but enjoying this. Animation seems improved.
Atypical S2, guilty pleasure of mine.
Patriot Act, first time watching one of Netflix's talk shows. Unapologetically brown and I love it. Whoever does the graphics for the show deserves a raise.
Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown S8/9. So damn good.
Chef's Table Vol 5, still food porn. 4K TV is worth it for this show alone.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Nov. 19

Hell yes! I thought this show was done. Its great. Nice to see there'll be a new season.

BTW what's up with MST3k - are they gonna release new episodes sporadically?

I believe it's a shorter season than last season and all the episodes are coming out on Thanksgiving.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Added today:

BASEketball (Comedy)
Bram Stoker's Dracula (Horror)
Bring it On: In it to Win it (Comedy)
Cape Fear (Thriller)
Children of Men (SciFi, Thriller)

Close Encounters of the Third Kind (SciFi)
Cloverfield (Action, SciFi)
Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo (Comedy)
Doctor Strange (Action, Animated)
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (Drama)
Fair Game - Director's Cut (Thriller)

Filmworker (Doc)
Follow This Part 3 (TV, Doc, Netflix Original)
From Dusk Till Dawn (Thriller)
Ghostbusters 1-2 (Comedy, SciFi)
Good Will Hunting (Drama)
Jet Li's Fearless (Action)

Julie & Julia (Drama)
Katt Williams: The Pimp Chronicles Part 1 (Standup)
Marc Maron: Thinky Pain (Standup)
Morris from America (Drama)
National Lampoon's Animal House (Comedy)
Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow (Action)

Planet Hulk (Action)
Scary Movie 2-3 (Comedy, Horror)
Sex and the City: The Movie (Comedy)
Shaolin Soccer (Comedy, Foreign)
Sixteen Candles (Romantic, Drama)
The English Patient (Drama)

The Great British Baking Show: The Beginning Season 1 (TV, Reality)
The Raid: Redemption (Action, Foreign)
The Water Horse: Legend of the Deep (Family)
Transcendence (SciFi)
United 93 (Drama)

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Added over the weekend:

Ana e Vitoria (Romantic, Comedy, Foreign)
Brainchild Season 1 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs Evil
House of Cards Season 6 (TV, Drama, Netflix Original)
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (Action)
ReMastered: Tricky Dick & the Man in Black - A Johnny Cash Story (Doc, Music, Netflix Original)
The Holiday Calendar (Romantic, Drama, Netflix Original)
The Other Side of the Wind (Drama, Netflix Original)
They'll Love Me When I'm Dead (Doc, Bio, Netflix Original)
Trolls: The Beat Goes On Season 4 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
The wife and I really bounced off Sabrina after watching Hill House. She's a huge fan of Riverdale, too. We both agree that Kiernan Shipka is just not a good Sabrina.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Added today:

FUCKING VOTE TODAY IN THE US!

John Leguizamo's Latin History for Morons (Standup, Netflix Original)
The Late Bloomer (Comedy)

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Just watched Bodyguard, great quick series (6 or 7 episodes long). Started yesterday at midnight, watched 5 episodes before going to sleep in the morning, and watched the rest now.

I also loved Luther (watched years ago), so I guess I am into British Police stuff.

Almost dropped it when the woman died in the attack, I really liked her character! but they did a great job at continuing the following episodes interesting and with lots of twists

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Added today:

Damnation Season 1 (TV, Drama)
Into the Forest (Thriller, SciFi)
Krisha (Drama)
Punisher: War Zone (Action)

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Started watching Ozark. 1st episode seems promising. Is this considered one of the good Netflix show?