• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Added over the weekend:

Carlo & Malik Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Charlie's Colorforms Cirt Season 1 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
Crime Diaries: The Candidate Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Delhi Crime Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Drugs, Inc Season 5 (TV, Doc)
I Don't Know How She Does It (Comedy)
Legion (Action, Fantasy)
Oversize Cops (Action, Comedy, Foreign)
Mirage (Thriller, SciFi, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Most Beautiful Thing Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
ReMastered: The Miami Showband Massacre (Doc, Music, Netflix Original)
Selling Sunset Season 1 (TV, Reality, Netflix Original)
The 10 Sins Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
The Dirt (Comedy, Drama, Netflix Original)
The OA Part II (TV, SciFi, Netflix Original)

Big-E

Oct 25, 2017
The new Jimmy Carr special was great. He has so many jokes, I find it impressive that he can remember his set as they are pretty much all one liners.

nitewulf

Nov 29, 2017
Just finished the second season of The OA, really good I thought. But they better close it up in the next season.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Wow are they basically remaking every 80's movie with this dude? Granted he's really quite charming. All The Boys Ive whatever was a pretty cute movie.

definitely type-casted already.

i'm all down for netflix going in on rom-coms though. they've basically been creating sequels for their most popular ones. there's already gonna be a christmas prince 3, kissing booth 2, and to all the boys 2 lol

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish that Japanese Love Wagon show would be translated better.
Japanese text all over the damn screen but only the audio is subtitled.
Impossible to watch that show.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Added over the weekend:

15 August (Romantic, Comedy, Netflix Original)
Across the Line (Drama)
All the President's Men (Thriller)
American Masters: Ted Williams (Doc, Sports)
Arthur (Comedy)

Bayonet (Drama, Sports, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Bitter Daisies Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Black Lightning Season 2 (TV, Action)
Bonnie and Clyde (Action)
Deliverance (Thriller)

Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood (Drama)
Employee of the Month (Comedy, Romantic)
Evolution (Comedy)
Fracture (Thriller)
Freddy vs Jason (Horror)
Friday the 13th ('09, Horror)

Get Smart (Action, Comedy)
Hedgehogs (Family)
How to Get Away with Murder Season 5 (TV, Drama)
I Am Legend (Thriller, Fantasy)
Kicko & Super Speedo Season 1 (TV, Kids)

King Kong ('05, Action)
Lakeview Terrace (Thriller)
Midnight Misadventures With Mallika Dua Season 1 (TV, Talk Show, Foreign)
Monster House (Family)
Observe and Report (Comedy)

Obsessed (Thriller)
On My Block Season 2 (TV, Drama, Comedy, Netflix Original)
Osmosis Season 1 (TV, SciFi, Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
P.S. I Love You (Romantic, Drama)
Pineapple Express (Comedy)

Pokemon the Series: Ultra Adventure (Kids)
RV (Family)
Santa Clarita Diet Season 3 (TV, Comedy, Netflix Original)
Sherlock Holmes (Action)
Snatch (Thriller)

Spy Kids 1, 3 (Family)
Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D (Horror)
The Bone Collector (Thriller)
The Calling Season 1 (Reality, Travel, Food)
The Devil is a Part-Timer Season 1 (TV, Anime)

The Dukes of Hazzard (Action, Comedy)
The Dukes of Hazzard: The Beginning (Action, Comedy)
The Fifth Element (Action, SciFi)
The Golden Compass (Family)
The Highwaymen (Drama, Netflix Original)

The Legend of Cocaine Island (Doc, Crime, Netflix Original)
The Legend of Michael Mishra (Romanitc, Comedy, Foreign)
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 1-2 (Drama)
Trailer Park Boys: The Animated Series Season 1 (TV, Comedy, Netflix Original)
Traitors Season 1 (TV, Drama, Netflix Original)

Tucker and Dale vs Evil (Comedy, Horror)
Ultraman Season 1 (TV, Anime, Netflix Original)
Valkyrie (Thriller)
War (Action)

JakeG4

Oct 25, 2017
Am I right in thinking Love, Death + Robots is only 1080p with Dolby vision? Cause I've been trying to play it in 4k and it wont go above 1080p. I've tried plugging a ethernet cable in too and it still wont whilst everything else goes to 4k just fine.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Am I right in thinking Love, Death + Robots is only 1080p with Dolby vision? Cause I've been trying to play it in 4k and it wont go above 1080p. I've tried plugging a ethernet cable in too and it still wont whilst everything else goes to 4k just fine.

I haven't watched it yet but here is some content that supports hdr but is only 1080p. I think mostly their anime?

Soprano

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Love Death+Robots is such a good series. Love the mini stories and the 3D animation is on some next level stuff.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Added today:

14 Blades (Action, Foreign)
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Part 2 (TV, Fantasy, Netflix Original)
Imposters Season 2 (TV, Comedy)
Kim's Convenience Season 3 (TV, Comedy)
Lagacies Season 1 (TV, Fantasy)
Lupt (Horror, Foreign)
Only for One Night (Thriller)
Our Planet Season 1 (TV, Doc, Nature, Netflix Original)
Queen of the Desert (Drama)
Quicksand Season 1 (TV, Drama, Netflix Original)
Possessed Season 1 (TV, Fantasy, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Ricardo Quevedo: Los Amargados Somos Más (Standup, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Roman Empire: The Mad Emperor (TV, Doc, Netflix Original)
Spirit Riding Free Season 8 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
Suzzanna: Buried Alive (Horror, Netflix Original)
Tango Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Tiguana Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Unicorn Store (Comedy, Netflix Original)

Grahf

Oct 27, 2017
Watched 8 episodes of Love Death Robots, I hate it so far.
Episodes are way too long for their own good (except one of 5 minutes, which I liked), the visual style range from "terribly ugly" to "barely tolerable", and most episode contains gratuitous nudity that brings nothing to the story.
I would have been ok with the slog if the visuals were enjoyable but so far I got ugly anime, uninspired 3D and dull colors.
I''ll still watch the rest since every episode seem to be stand alone.

Last week I finished season 3 of The Last Kingdom, I really appreciated it bare some details :
- Uthred of Bebanburg : Strong, arrogant, dependable, a very interesting character on most aspects... Until you realize he thinks with his cock and each time it costs him greatly.
- Aethelwold (something like that) : What a TERRIBLE villain. Been plotting openly since the very first minutes he's introduced in the show, would backstab anyone for a crown and yet inexplicably escapes death on numerous occasions despite his treachery, lies and poisoned tongue of epic proportion. At least we're done with him.
- Alfred : Uthred saved his kingdom almost each episode : spying, scouting, winning crucial battles against the Danes, taking important strongholds while outnumbered, saved the king's children one more than one occasion (that should fucking count for something !!) and basically being Alfred's kingmaker. Yet on more than one occasion Alfred marks him for execution and brands him a traitor with nothing more than suspicions... WOW.
And when the aforementioned Aethelwold is brought to justice, it costs him one eye before he can go back to his plotting but now with a grudge. Brilliant.
I'll miss him for some things but globally happy to not have to witness his fluctuating mood again. The queen's detestable but constant in her thinking at least.

Seing the SAME characters do the SAME mistakes season after season was becoming tiresome, but with the decks now shuffled once more I have big hopes for next season.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
I liked the Three Robots episode of Love, Death and Robots, the one where they end up talking to a very self-assured cat. I would probably watch a series pilot with those characters. I tried a few other episodes in that series and didn't get the same spark. Please tell me if I've missed some much better episode. Maybe I was just lucky in choosing that one.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
Just finished Marcella...HOLY SHIT what a batshit crazy show that was!

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think it's a much better show than Luther, and Luther is one of me all time faves. I NEED season 3, STAT!

EDIT:

Oh yeah, can't forget to mention this absolute banger of a theme song

Cant't stop listening to it!

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Added today:

Liss Pereria: Renteniendo Liquidos (Standup, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Movie 43 (Comedy)
New Girl Season 7 (TV, Comedy)
Talking Tom and Friends Season 2 (TV, Kids)
The Basement (Thriller, Horror)
The Silence (Thriller, Netflix Original)
Trolls: The Beat Goes On Season 6 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
You vs Wild Season 1 (TV, Reality, Netflix Original)

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Added today:

Liss Pereria: Renteniendo Liquidos (Standup, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Movie 43 (Comedy)
New Girl Season 7 (TV, Comedy)
Talking Tom and Friends Season 2 (TV, Kids)
The Basement (Thriller, Horror)
The Silence (Thriller, Netflix Original)
Trolls: The Beat Goes On Season 6 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
You vs Wild Season 1 (TV, Reality, Netflix Original)

Yesss I can finally finish new girl. This took like a year to come out...

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
I'm in the UK and I would love to see Season 4 of Lucifer. It's being advertised as coming to Netflix on May 8. Does anybody know whether there are plans for the show on UK Netflix?

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the UK and I would love to see Season 4 of Lucifer. It's being advertised as coming to Netflix on May 8. Does anybody know whether there are plans for the show on UK Netflix?

It should hit the UK.

black summer... never heard a damn thing about this show and I am hooked halfway through episode 1.

Not too many hot impressions of the show in the thread:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/netflixs-black-summer-official-trailer-4-11.106079/

I will give it a try since I want a zombie fix and have given up on TWD (and didn't like Z-nation).

Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Added today:

A Land Imagined (Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Band Aid (Drama)
Buffalo Boys (Action, Foreign)
Dabbe 5: Zehr-i Cin (Horror, Foreign)
Dabbe: The Possession (Horror, Foreign)
Francesco De Carlo: Cose di Questo Mondo (Standup, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Huge in France Season 1 (TV, Comedy, Netflix Original)
Mighty Little Bheem Season 1 (TV, Kids, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Persona Collection (Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Special Season 1 (TV, Comedy, LGBTQ, Netflix Original)
The Perfect Date (Romantic, Comedy, Netflix Original)
Who Would You Take to a Deserted Island? (Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for posting this so I too can admit to watching it the day of release 🤝

Haha romcoms are great. Easy to watch, happy endings, cheerful, etc.

I always binge watched that Netflix anime
Romcom last night, Hi score Girl. I was up till 2-3 am finishing it lol. Pretty good.

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Kim's Convenience S3 is weak.

S1 explored real issues of being an immigrant [Korean] family, but S2 (outside of a couple scenes near the end of the season) and S3 could be any generic situation comedy with any generic characters (I quit my job for another that fell though, now I have to pretend to go to work until I ask for my old job back from my love-triangled boss; my roommate's girlfriend isn't paying rent although she's always around; I can get a better price on a dishwasher through price-match fraud... all played without any interesting perspective apart, false accents notwithstanding). The show started off as something far more poignant than Fresh Off the Boat, but now it's only suited for background filler now, if that.

Having more Mr. Mehta is about the only positive feature of this season.

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
Kim's Convenience S3 is weak.

S1 explored real issues of being an immigrant [Korean] family, but S2 (outside of a couple scenes near the end of the season) and S3 could be any generic situation comedy with any generic characters (I quit my job for another that fell though, now I have to pretend to go to work until I ask for my old job back from my love-triangled boss; my roommate's girlfriend isn't paying rent although she's always around; I can get a better price on a dishwasher through price-match fraud... all played without any interesting perspective apart, false accents notwithstanding). The show started off as something far more poignant than Fresh Off the Boat, but now it's only suited for background filler now, if that.

Having more Mr. Mehta is about the only positive feature of this season.
If you haven't watched One Day At A Time (remake), that would probably scratch that itch. A Netflix sitcom about a Cuban-American family, exploring tough social issues. 'Poignant' definitely fits.

But don't be put off by the (not great) first scene.

Last edited:

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Special season 1 was such a nice surprise. Really touching series that could have been much longer but I liked the bite size content

Maker

Nov 15, 2017
Forgot that I tried episode 1 of Babylon Berlin back when it came out and then got sidetracked. I just started it up again and its amazing.

LL_Decitrig

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sunderland
I watched Stranger Things Season 1, which was okay if not exactly riveting. I'm slowly plodding through the initial episodes of The OA. Not really sure I think that's worth it.

The most compelling television I've watched recently is Killing Eve. I'm sad to say I have little confidence in the likes of Netflix to deliver television shows of such calibre.

folve

Oct 27, 2017
Did you guys see the documentary Heal? Makes me believe there is really something more out there.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Some random viewer data provided today:

"Over the next several months, we're going to be rolling out more specific granular reporting — first to our producers, and then to our members and of course to the press over time — and be more fully transparent about what people are watching on Netflix around the world," Chief Content Officer Ted Sarandos said in Tuesday's video interview.

In Tuesday's letter to investors, Netflix said that more than 52 million subscribers watched "Triple Frontier," a big-budget action movie starring Ben Affleck, in its first four weeks of availability, and that the series "Umbrella Academy" was watched by 45 million member households in its first four weeks. It said that "The Highwaymen," a film starring Kevin Costner and Woody Harrelson, was on track to attract 40 million subscribers in the first four weeks, documentary "FYRE: The Greatest Party That Never Happened," was watched by 20 million subscribers in its first month, and documentary series "Our Planet" was on track to be watched by 25 million members in the first month of release.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Added today:

21 & Over (Comedy)
About Time (Romantic, Drama, SciFi)
A Little Chaos (Drama)
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend Season 4 (TV, Comedy)
Evan Almighty (Comedy)
Franco Escamilla: Bienvenido al Mundo (Standup, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Homecoming: A Film by Beyonce (Doc, Music, Netflix Original)
Jonaki (Drama, Romantic, Foreign)
Jonathan (Drama, SciFi)
Super Monsters Furever Friends (Kids, Netflix Original)
The Creative Brain (Doc, Science)
Wanted (Action)

Dec 23, 2017
Guys I need some good suggestions. I have a lot of free time here in the next 2 months. Movies and series... give em to me. I recently watched happy and really enjoyed it. I also watched altered carbon and enjoyed it.