• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Everyone needs to watch unbelievable.

is the i-land as bad as the reviews make it? Or is it perhaps salvageable as in so bad it's good? I enjoyed wu assassins and another life for what it's worth and those were pretty bad shows 😂

I watched the first episode and the dialogue about rape is the worst dialog I've heard in a show for some time. 😬

Last edited:
OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Added over the weekend:

Between Two Ferns: The Movie (Comedy, Netflix Original)
Criminal: France Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Criminal: Germany Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Criminal: Spain Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Criminal: UK Season 1 (TV, Drama, Netflix Original)
Disenchantment Part 2 (TV, Comedy, Netflix Original)
Fastest Car Season 2 (TV, Reality, Netflix Original)
Inside Bill's Brain: Decoding Bill Gates Limited Series (TV, Doc, Netflix Original)
King of Boys (Drama, Foreign)
The Blacklist Season 6 (TV, Drama)
The Hockey Girls Season 1 (TV, Comedy, Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
True: Tricky Treat Day (Kids, Netflix Original)
Two Sentence Horror Stories Season 1 (TV, Horror)
Vagabond Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
One episode in to The Dark Crystal and Hinterland and they both seem like they're going to be good.

Also, I finished s3 of Stranger Things and while I enjoyed it, I think nows a good time to end it. The kids are starting to look too grown up for one thing and the same 'darkness monster / demigorgon' stuff or whatever it is is kinda getting played out.

now as in that was the series end? because no. And they just put a TON into marketing for S3. But I could see S4 ending it.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
you don't think a 6'1" woman is tall? My wife is 6" with shoes and she's the tallest woman I know. I'm 6'4".
I'm 6'2".

That's the thing, you see. Tall women are still either the same height as the average man, or just below.

They're not however a full head taller than every other person in their entire school and I'm pretty sure they're not treated as a complete pariah by the entire school. This movie plays it up like she's 7 foot something, and they should have just said that and did some camera trickery to make it appear everyone else was of normal height. They already increased the actor's actual height (She's 5'11 if I remember correctly). But all that would be fine if the movie was actually fun or well written. Like the worst thing they could come up with for this horribly bullied girl is that the mean girl in class calls her "Taller Swift" after she says she wants to be like Taylor Swift.

It's just not a very good story, very cliche and poorly written.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
I'm 6'2".

That's the thing, you see. Tall women are still either the same height as the average man, or just below.

They're not however a full head taller than every other person in their entire school and I'm pretty sure they're not treated as a complete pariah by the entire school. This movie plays it up like she's 7 foot something, and they should have just said that and did some camera trickery to make it appear everyone else was of normal height. They already increased the actor's actual height (She's 5'11 if I remember correctly). But all that would be fine if the movie was actually fun or well written. Like the worst thing they could come up with for this horribly bullied girl is that the mean girl in class calls her "Taller Swift" after she says she wants to be like Taylor Swift.

Average height for a man is around 5'8' to 5'9'' (it has been slowly increasing over the years). For a woman, around 5'4''. The average height for a player in the WNBA (as height is of incredible importance in professional basketball) is around 6'0''. Looking at the wiki for the film, the main character being 6'1'' at 16 years old means she absolutely would be noticably taller than most, if not all, of the kids in her school. Whether or not she would be teased/bullied for being so tall depends entirely on the kids in the school. Kids can be extremely mean and being noticeably different than others often leads to becoming a target. It could be height, weight, style of dress, sexuality, vocal tone/timbre, or anything else that can lead to being teased/bullied. The script may be poor aside from that but being teased/bullied for being taller is not an unbelievable thing at all.

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
I'm 6'2".

I'd never watch the show, but this is not uncommon. There was a girl at Notre Dame when my friends when to college there that they were friends with and they called "Tall Girl" - and that was in 1999.

Maker

Nov 15, 2017
I don't understand Criminal as a concept here. Why is there 3 different version? Is the story the same or is it referencing each other?
I was confused as to why there were only 3 episodes. I watched the UK and loved the first episode but the other two were kinda meh. I'm wondering if the other countries are worth watching.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Added today:

Abstract: The Art of Design Season 2 (TV, Misc, Netflix Original)
American Horror Story: Apocalypse (TV, Horror)
Birders (Doc, Cultural, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Explained Season 2 (TV, Doc, Social, Netflix Original)
Furie (Action, Thriller, Foreign)
Glitch Season 3 (TV, Horror, Netflix Original)
Locked Up Season 4 (TV, Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Jeff Dunham: Beside Himself (Standup, Netflix Original)
The Grandmaster (Action, Foreign)
The Inmate Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Added over the weekend:

Bard of Blood Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Domino (Thriller, Foreign)
Dragons: Rescue Riders Season 1 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
El Marginal Season 3 (TV, Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Gotham Season 5 (TV, Action, Drama)
In the Shadow of the Moon (Scif, Thriller, Netflix Original)
Mo Gilligan: Momentum (Standup, Netflix Original)
Skylines Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Sturgill Simpson Presents Sound & Fury (Anime, Netflix Original)
The Politician Season 1 (TV, Drama, Netflix Original)
Tuna Girl (Drama, Foreign)

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Added today:

Along Came a Spider (Thriller)
Alpha and Omega 2: A Howl-iday Adventure (Family)
Bad Boys I-II (Action)
Blow (Drama, Thriller)
Candyman (Horror)
Carmen Sandiego Season 2 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)

Charlie's Angels I-II (Action)
Crash (Drama)
Dumb and Dumberer: When Harry Met Lloyd (Comedy)
Earth to Echo (Family)
Engineering Girls Season 1 (TV, Comedy, Foreign)
Good Burger (Family)

Good Luck Chuck (Romantic, Comedy)
Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay (Comedy)
Honey 2 (Romantic, Drama)
House of the Witch (Horror)
Inmates Season 1 (TV, Comedy, Foreign)
Knowing (Thriller)

Limitless (Doc, Social)
Love Don't Cost a Thing (Romantic, Comedy)
Men in Black II (Action, Comedy)
Nikki Glaser: Bangin' (Standup, Netflix Original)
No Reservations (Romantic, Drama)
Ocean's Twelve/Thirteen (Action, Thriller)
One Direction: This is Us (Doc, Music)

Raging Bull (Drama)
Rugrats in Paris: The Movie (Family)
Scream 2 (Horror)
Senna (Doc, Bio)
Sin City (Action)

Supergirl (Action)
Superman Returns (Action)
Surf's Up (Family)
The Bounty Hunter (Comedy)
The Bucket List (Drama)
The Flintstones I-II (Family)

The Pursuit of Happyness (Drama)
The Rugrats Movie (Family)
The Time Traveler's Wife (Romantic, Drama)
Trainspotting (Drama)
Troy (Action)
Unaccompanied Minors (Family)

Oct 25, 2017
Raising Dion is kinda interesting. Makes me wish it was more adult themed than kid though. The scene at the end of the first episode was kinda intriguing.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Added today:

Big Mouth Season 3 (TV, Comedy, Netflix Original)
Creeped Out Season 2 (TV, Kids, Horror, Netflix Original)
In the Tall Grass (Thriller, Netflix Original)
Legend Quest: Masters of Myth Season 1 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
Love for Sale (Romantic, Drama, Foreign)
My Country: The New Age Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Peaky Blinders Season 5 (TV, Drama, Netflix Original)
Raising Dion Season 1 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
Rotten Season 2 (TV, Doc, Netflix Original)
Super Monsters Season 3 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
Super Monsters: Vida's First Halloween (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
The Water Diviner (Drama)

Chitown B

Nov 15, 2017
Noticed a coming soon section to the app. Finally a Welcome update.

Now put up an expiring soon section too so I know what things I need to watch hah

They used to have that, and they also used to show you what was already expired and keep it on a list so you could remember what used to be on your list - but I assume they felt that was bad PR, showing you stuff you can't watch now, and then they took that away. So now you can never remember what was taken off your list.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Finished The Keepers. My god, I don't think I've seen a more depressing documentary than this. Dear Zachary made sad, but this just straight up destroyed me.

Last edited:
OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Added today:

Beyblade Burst Turbo Season 1 (TV, Kids)
Bygones Be Bygones (Romantic, Comedy, Foreign)
El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie (Drama, Thriller)
Fractured (Thriller, Netflix Original)
Haunted Season 2 (TV, Reality, Horror, Netflix Original)
Insatiable Season 2 (TV, Drama, Netflix Original)
Rhythm + Flow Season 1 (TV, Reality, Netflix Original)
Schitt's Creek Season 5 (TV, Comedy)
The Forest of Love (Thriller, Foreign)
The Hook Up Plan Season 2 (TV, Comedy, Foreign, Netflix Original)
The Influence (Horror, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Ultramarine Magmell Season 1 (TV, Anime, Netflix Original)
YooHoo to the Rescue Season 2 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
In terms of the premise, Fractured seems like it's been done many times before in various forms of media. I'll probably still watch it tho. Maybe the twist will be different and I won't be able to guess itlol

justjim89

Nov 16, 2017
Big Mouth is so damn good.

I love Big Mouth, one of the funniest shows to come along in years on top of being a pretty accurate depiction of how stupid and horny adolescence is, but I feel like they're showing way too much of the actual sexuality of the characters. Like, I love the hormone monster idea because it's a fun metaphor for how ridiculous and strong the horny side of a teenager going through puberty can be, but also because it's a layer of artifice over the actual sexual side of the children in the show. But now they're just full on showing Jessie's vagina and Andrew's dick and the whole part of the show is starting to make me really uncomfortable. Like, what's the actual point of the hormone monsters if they're just gonna straight up show children masturbating?

Creamium

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I don't know if anyone else has read or heard about this issue, but when I load up Netflix on my desktop, it makes my pc freeze/crash. Can"t even go to task manager, have to manually reset. Using Firefox. I like to check out Netflix on my pc to see what's new or what to add to my list, but I'm afraid to now.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Added today:

Baby Season 2 (TV, Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Eli (Horror, Netflix Original)
In My Country (Drama, Foreign)
Interior Design Masters Season 1 (TV, Reality, Netflix Original)
Living with Yourself Season 1 (TV, Comedy, Drama, Netflix Original)
MeatEater Season 8 (TV, Doc, Netflix Original)
Men in Black (Action, SciFi)
Mighty Little Bheem: Diwali Collection (TV, Kids, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Seventeen (Comedy, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Sinister 2 (Horror)
Spirit Riding Free: Pony Tales Collection 2 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
Tell Me Who I Am (Doc, Netflix Original)
The House of Flowers Season 2 (TV, Comedy, Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
The Karate Kid ('10, Action, Drama)
The Laundromat (Drama, Netflix Original)
The Yard Season 1: Part 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Toon Season 1-2 (TV, Comedy, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Unnatural Selection Season 1 (TV, Doc, Netflix Original)
Upstarts (Comedy, Foreign, Netflix Original)

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
i been watching INSATIABLE on Netflix because i keep hearing how shitty it is (it has like a 5% on rotten tomatoes or something) and got hooked

its about a former overweight girl who is a little crazy and her shady manager who go to beauty pageants, its offensive and badly written, but somehow it feels tame compared to many gross teen/comedy movies its almost inoffensive in comparison, like it tries but fails miserably to be as gross.

All the characters always say some offensive stuff and are super stereotypical, but its hard to take them seriously at all because everyone is so dumb its like, the show has this cheap, amateur quality that keeps me watching and some handsome actors, include one that takes the shirt off every scene he is on.

a few of the episodes even made me feel a little empowered 😃 i feel what poor Patty gone through when you are overweight..
It balances out other melodramatic (but boring) shows
the season finales get really dark O.o
can't wait to see where Killer! Patty goes

Quirah

Oct 26, 2017
Just finished watching Living With Yourself. Pretty boring and repetitive. Even Paul Rudd can't save this one and yet they left an open door to season two.

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
i been watching INSATIABLE on Netflix because i keep hearing how shitty it is (it has like a 5% on rotten tomatoes or something) and got hooked

its about a former overweight girl who is a little crazy and her shady manager who go to beauty pageants, its offensive and badly written, but somehow it feels tame compared to many gross teen/comedy movies its almost inoffensive in comparison, like it tries but fails miserably to be as gross.

All the characters always say some offensive stuff and are super stereotypical, but its hard to take them seriously at all because everyone is so dumb its like, the show has this cheap, amateur quality that keeps me watching and some handsome actors, include one that takes the shirt off every scene he is on.

a few of the episodes even made me feel a little empowered 😃 i feel what poor Patty gone through when you are overweight..
Yeah, it's great. Awful people in an absurd world making awful decisions. Hopefully a third season gets confirmed soon.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA

I think people initially reacted to the show as being fat shaming?

But from the few episodes I saw I wouldn't necessarily agree with that. It seemed like cw tier show but (I think it was original supposed to be?) I couldn't really get into the whole beauty pageant thing though.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Yeah, it's great. Awful people in an absurd world making awful decisions. Hopefully a third season gets confirmed soon.
yeah hope it doesn't end in the cancelled shows can Netflix likes to use recemtly like American Vandal but it should good chances for a couple of seasons more, its quite popular

But from the few episodes I saw I wouldn't necessarily agree with that. It seemed like cw tier show but (I think it was original supposed to be?) I couldn't really get into the whole beauty pageant thing though.
I guess because its so cartoonish, and patty getting revenge (and slim) with beauty pageants its a weird premise, also Bob at the start, it starts weird but gets fun as the characters show more sides, both good and bad

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017

People came after the creator for that only for her to say it's inspired by her own life. A bunch of those people probably didn't even watch the show in the first place.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Finally got around to watching friends from college. Been feeling nostalgic as I inch closer to 40 😔

Not sure why it was so critically panned. It was pretty decent. Perhaps it helps that I like all of the actors.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Added over the weekend:

A Little Thing Called First Love Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
A Tale of Love and Darkness (Drama, Foreign)
Assimilate (Thriller, SciFi)
BoJack Horseman Season 6 (TV, Comedy, Netflix Original)
Brotherhood Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Consequences (Thriller, Foreign)
Dolemite is My Name (Comedy, Drama, Netflix Original)
Drug Squad: Costa del Sol Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Greenhouse Academy Season 3 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
It Takes a Lunatic (Doc, Bio, Netflix Original)
Monzon: A Knockout Blow Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
My Next Guest with David Letterman and Shah Rukh Khan (TV, Talk, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Nailed It! France Season 1 (TV, Reality, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Nailed It! Spain Season 1 (TV, Reality, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Prank Encounters Season 1 (TV, Its Just a Prank Bro, Netflix Original)
Rattlesnake (Thriller, Netflix Original)
The Awakening of Motti Wolkenbruch (Comedy, Foreign, Netflix Original)
The Kominsky Method Season 2 (TV, Drama, Comedy, Netflix Original)

Lady Murasaki

Scary Shiny Glasses
Oct 25, 2017
I rarely stop watching movies but today I tried Replicas (didn't read anything before) and it was baffling how bad it was. It looks like an early 2000's straight to DVD movie. I have no idea how a movie like this could be made in 2018 and have Keanu Reeves on it. And why Netflix would buy a movie with 9% on RT? I'm almost a Netflix advocate but they are making it really difficult LOL

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Added today:

16 Blocks (Action)
187 (Thriller)
American Son (Drama, Netflix Original)
Anger Management (Comedy)
Apache Warrior (Action)

Atypical Season 3 (TV, Drama, Netflix Original)
Barbie Dreamhouse Adventures: Go Team Roberts Season 1 (TV, Kids)
Billy on the Street Season 1-5 (TV, Comedy, Reality)
Butterfield 8 (Drama)
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (Drama)
Christmas Break-In (Family)

Clannad Vol 1-2 (Anime)
Cleopatra Jones (Action)
Code Name: The Cleaner (Comedy)
Doctor Zhivago (Drama)
Drive ('19, Action, Netflix Original)
Elliot the Littlest Reindeer (Family)
Enter the dragon (Action)

Executive Decision (Thriller)
Fallen (Thriller)
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (Drama)
Forbidden Planet (SciFi)
Getting Played (Romantic, Comedy)
Gosford Park (Thriller)

Gothika (Horror, Thriller)
Grease (Romantic, Musical)
Hache Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Haikyu (Anime)
Harlem Globetrotters: The Team That Changed the World (Doc, Sports)

Hello Ninja Season 1 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
Holiday in the Wild (Family Netflix Original)
How to Be a Latin Lover (Comedy)
How to Be a Player (Comedy)
Invictus (Drama)

Jimi Hendrix (Doc, Music)
King's Ransom (Comedy)
Legion (Fantasy, Thriller)
Like Water for Chocolate (Drama, Romantic)
Logan's Run (Thriller, SciFi)
Lolita (Comedy)

Love Jones (Romantic, Drama)
Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions (Anime)
Kengan Ashura Part II (TV, Anime, Netflix Original)
Maid-Sama Season 1 (TV, Anime)
Mars Season 2 (TV, Doc)
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Season 1-2 (TV, Anime)

Money Talks (Comedy)
Nacho Libre (Action)
National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon 1 (Comedy)
Ocean's Eleven ('60, Thriller)
Paid in Full (Drama)
Queer Eye: We're in Japan Season 1 (TV, Reality, Netflix Original)
Revolutionary Road (Drama)

Rosemary's Baby (Horror)
Rumble in the Bronx (Action)
Spider-Man 3 (Action)
Step Brothers (Comedy)
Superfly (Action)
The Boulet Brothers Dragula Season 1-3 (TV, Reality)

The Brave One (Thriller)
The Christmas Candle (Family)
The Christmas Trap (Family)
The Game (Thriller)
The Great Raid (Action, Thriller)

The House of Flowers Presents: The Funeral (TV, Comedy, Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
The King (Drama, Netflix Original)
The Last Boy Scout (Action)
The Man Without Gravity (Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
The Matrix 1-3 (Action)
The Pelican Brief (Drama)
The Tuxedo (Action)
True: Grabbleapple Harvest (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
We Are the Wave Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Zombieland (Action, Comedy)

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Added today:

A Holiday Engagement (Romantic, Comedy)
Burning Cane (Drama)
Christmas Crush (Romantic, Comedy)
Dear Santa (Romantic, Comedy)
Districy 9 (SciFi)
Luccas Neto in: Summer Camp (Family)
Millennials Season 2 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Seth Meyers: Lobby Baby (Standup, Netflix Original)
Shadow (Action, Foreign)
She-Ra and the Princesses of Power Season 4 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
Tune in for Love (Drama, Romantic, Foreign)
The Devil Next Door: Limited Series (TV, Doc, Netflix Original)
The End of the Fucking World Season 2 (TV, Comedy, Drama, Netflix Original)
The Lovers (Romantic, Drama)
Voice Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Added today:

Busted Season 2 (TV, Comedy, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Greatest Events of WWII in Colour Season 1 (TV, Doc, Netflix Original)
Green Eggs and Ham Season 1 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
Hit & Run (Action, Comedy)
Let It Snow (Romantic, Comedy, Netflix Original)
Paradise Beach (Action, Thriller, Foreign, Netflix Original)
The Great British Baking Show: Holidays Season 2 (TV, Reality, Netflix Original)
Wild District Season 2 (TV, Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)

luca

Oct 25, 2017
What was that anime that came out earlier this year, that Netflix had made new renditions of to huge hype? I can't remember the name all of a sudden.

Also, do anyone know if Stand Alone Complex is the series to watch when it comes to Ghost in the Shell?

[edit]Oh, figured it out, I was thinking of Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Last edited: