• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, you guys replaced me??

I also have no idea what that list is. Maybe content they will be watching?

Dracil

Oct 30, 2017
Finished Godzilla

3rd movie is pretty Lovecraftian. Also throughout the whole series I can't help but see the two other races as dwarves and elves.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Eye In The Sky is one of the most intense movie I've ever watched, holy shit. Watch this blind, it's amazing.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Added today:

Godzilla: The Planet Eater (Anime)
Solo: A Star Wars Story (Action, SciFi)
When Heroes Fly Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)

Jadusable

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there an OT for "YOU"? The girlfriend and I just binge watched the shit out of it and we were absolutely drawn in. Main lead is phenomenal and the most of the antagonists (if you could call them that) are insufferable millennials.

Reminded me a lot of a modern day Dexter but if he was a clever incel. The only real complaints I have is it gets a little ridiculous at the end and the whole Karen multi episode romantic subplot dragged.

If you're looking for a new show, would very much recommend. Like, really don't sleep on it.

Prison_mike

Oct 26, 2017
Is there an OT for "YOU"? The girlfriend and I just binge watched the shit out of it and we were absolutely drawn in. Main lead is phenomenal and the characters are all insufferable millennials.

Reminded me a lot of a modern day Dexter but if he was a clever incel. The only real complaints I have is it gets a little ridiculous at the end and the whole Karen multi episode romantic subplot dragged.

If you're looking for a new show, would very much recommend. Like, really don't sleep on it.

So funny, was just searching around for an OT for this! I was hoping to find spoilers! My gf is obsessed right now and I'm sitting back impatient.. it is well done though, like a higher budget CW type.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Is there an OT for "YOU"? The girlfriend and I just binge watched the shit out of it and we were absolutely drawn in. Main lead is phenomenal and the most of the antagonists (if you could call them that) are insufferable millennials.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/you-ioti-gossip-girl-american-psycho-edition.91770/#post-16788450

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Is it a turnaround from s1? I recall people posting that s1 was not good and they were surprised it got renewed. I went off those reviews and passed on it.

Never understood the negatives on season 1. Wife and I have seen it at least 3 times, but Season 2 is much better. You have to watch Season 1 to really get Season 2 tho.

For us the breakout star of the show is Fred Savage. Dude is so fucking good in this series!

Last edited:

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Finally got around to watching The Night Comes for Us.

Was 😬 the whole time with the violence lol. Enjoyed it though. These Asian movie fight scenes always seem to hit so much harder. I suppose it helps when your actors are trained and doing the fights instead of having to edit and shot a certain way to hide the stunt person.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Added over the weekend:

13 Sins (Thriller)
Baazaar (Drama, Foreign)
Back with the Ex Season 1 (TV, Reality, Netflix Original)
Becoming Jane (Romantic, Drama)
Friends from College Season 2 (TV, Comedy, Netflix Original)
Hardy Bucks Season 1-4 (TV, Comedy)
He's Out There (Thriller, Horror)
Invisible Essence: The Little Prince (Doc, Social)
La Grande Chaumière Violette Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
ReMastered: Massacre at the Stadium (Doc, Social, Music, Netflix Original)
Sex Education Season 1 (TV, Comedy, Netflix Original)
Sin Senos Sí Hay Paraíso Season 3 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Solo (Thriller, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Taken Season 2 (TV, Action)
The Fighter (Drama)
The Last Laugh (Comedy, Netflix Original)
The Perfect Match Season 1 (TV, Comedy, Foreign)

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I'm most of the way through "Bodyguard" and I'm very impressed, especially with Richard Madden as a captivating and unpredictable protagonist. That 22 minute-long opening sequence set a high bar for the series, and it's delivering like crazy.

Now I want a cross-over series where that character and Marcella from "Marcella" team up, have a lot of crazy, weird sex, and possibly solve a crime along the way.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Added today:

American Crime Story: The Assassination of Gianni Versace (TV, Drama)
American Gangster (Drama)
Carmen Sandiego Season 1 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
Close (Action, Thriller, Netflix Original)
FYRE: The Greatest Party that Never Happened (Doc, Cultural, Netflix Original)
Grace and Frankie Season 5 (TV, Drama, Netflix Original)
IO (SciFi, Netflix Original)
Lady-Like (Comedy)
Legends of Strength Collection 1 (Doc, Cultural)
Memory Love Season 1 (TV, Comedy, Foreign)
Old Lord Savanna (Doc, Science)
Patria (Doc, Cultural, Foreign)
Skyline (SciFi)
Soni (Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
The Punisher Season 2 (TV, Action, Netflix Original)
The World's Most Extraordinary Homes Season 2 Part B (TV, Reality, Netflix Original)
Trigger Warning with Killer Mike Season 1 (TV, Doc, Cultural, Netflix Original)
Trolls: The Beat Goes On Season 5 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
Yummy Mummies Season 1 (TV, Reality, Netflix Original)

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to watch Close tonight as it got some decent reviews from IMBb page links. I like most Noomi Rapace movies, especially What Happened to Monday.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5316540/externalreviews?ref_=tt_ql_op_5

Finished up Bodyguard this week. What a tense damn show, not since last season of Homeland that I got so nervous. I'll probably watch You next week, great trailer attached, and I want something Revenge-y.

Last edited:

tiesto

Oct 27, 2017
Long Island, NY
IO Looks like it could be a decent scifi. Reviews are pretty middling tho.

I quite liked it, although it was a slow paced, introspective film instead of an overdramatic race against time as pictured in the trailer. Nice haunting soundtrack, great cinematography, and it makes you think- do we all leave and hedge our bets in the stars, or try and adapt to a changing Earth? Ymmv but my girlfriend and I both enjoyed it.

hurroocane

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I thought IO was a complete waste of 90 minutes. The setup was interesting enough to tell a story but the people who wrote the movie were apparently more interested in writing plot holes than writing plot.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone watch Polar yet? It looks like it could be really fun, but I havent seen any actual reviews for it yet.

Watched Close the other night and really enjoyed it. Felt like Taken for the most part. Its not going to win any awards or anything, but it wasnt a waste of time either. Plus I really like Noomi Rapace.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Anyone watch Polar yet? It looks like it could be really fun, but I havent seen any actual reviews for it yet.

Watched Close the other night and really enjoyed it. Felt like Taken for the most part. Its not going to win any awards or anything, but it wasnt a waste of time either. Plus I really like Noomi Rapace.

haven't seen any reviews yet since its not out til next week. looks john wick-ish?

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Interested in Polar too.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Glanced at a few scenes of Ozark. The hell's up with the blue filter? Has the subtlety of a sledgehammer.

Also saw the young kid talking about drugs in his school during some drug pledge and... have they ever heard real kids talk before?