• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Loved this season of One Day at a Time. Still good and maybe the show with most heart. However, the first few episodes, especially, were pretty clunky, probably to ensure the show could get renewed again. It found its footing later on but some of the show's usually very organic third acts felt more contrived this time. At least the pay-off is just as emotional as ever and you'll be hard to find a show that sweeps in as emotionally powerful as this one every single episode!

WATCH IT so it can get renewed, PLEASE.

Yes. Love this show.

Since Hen loves the show, I will give it a shot.

Aiii

何これ
Oct 24, 2017
It's so much better than not bad.

Like miles and miles ahead of not bad.

Not for nothing getting 100% fresh RT scores, two seasons in a row.

Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
The trailer for 'One Day At A Time' looked ok to me, but after seeing all the positive comments about it here, I'll give it a shot! Need something wholesome that I can watch on lunch breaks at the office and this looks like it will fit the bill.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One Strange Rock is insanely beautiful and all around well done. Deserves its own thread I'd say but I wouldn't do it justice.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone watched Polar? I enjoy the quirkiness of it I suppose but some of the acting is dreadful

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
anyone watch ken jeong comedy special yet? worth the time?

also why is The Kissing Booth getting a sequel? lol i guess maybe i shouldn't be surprised with christmas prince, etc. did this one have social media buzz like to all the boys?

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
Hi guys I a got a question so I noticed my ps4 Netflix app automatically goes into hdr. Is this normal? Also I thought you could only get hdr if you had a more expensive membership that's why I'm confused by it

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Added over the weekend:

Alone in Berlin (Drama)
Among Family (Comedy, Foreign)
Anchor and Hope (Comedy, LGBTQ)
Awe (Thriller, Foreign)
Black Sea (Action)
Behind the Curve (Doc)
Buddies (Comedy, Foreign)
Candyflip (Drama, Foreign)
Larry Charles' Dangerous World of Comedy Season 1 (TV, Doc, Comedy, Netflix Original)
Studio 54 (Doc, Social)
The 40-Year-Old Virgin (Comedy)
The 43 (Doc, Crime, Foreign)
The Breaker Upperers (Comedy, Romantic, Netflix Original)
The Dragon Prince Season 2 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)
The Kirlian Frequency Season 1 (TV, Horror, SciFi, Foreign)
The Super (Horror)
The Umbrella Academy Season 1 (TV, Action, SciFi, Netflix Original)

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Link.

March 1
A Clockwork Orange
Apollo 13

Budapest (Netflix Film) Inspired by a real company, Crazy Voyages, this French movie follows two friends who quit their jobs to start a bachelor-party planning company.

Cricket Fever: Mumbai Indians (Netflix Original) Docuseries that follows Indian Premier League champions Mumbai Indians through the 2018 season.

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Disney's Saving Mr. Banks
Emma
Junebug

Larva Island: Season 2 (Netflix Original) Colorful Korean kids' show about the zany adventures of larva pals Red and Yellow continues with an island invasion.

Losers (Netflix Original) A documentary about the psychology of losing in a "winning is everything" society.

Music and Lyrics
Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist

Northern Rescue (Netflix Original) A Canadian drama about a father who moves his family to his small hometown after his wife's death and takes command of the local search and rescue service.

River's Edge (Netflix Film) Not the Keanu Reeves movie. In this one, a high-schooler befriends a loner and is drawn into his love triangle.

Stuart Little
Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind (Netflix Film) Based on a true story of a 13-year-old who builds a wind turbine to save his Malawian village from famine.

The Hurt Locker
The Notebook
Tyson
Wet Hot American Summer
Winter's Bone

Your Son (Netflix Film) A surgeon seeks vengeance after his son is brutally beaten outside of a nightclub.

March 2
Romance is a Bonus Book (Netflix Original, streaming weekly on Tuesdays) A romantic Korean series about a young editor who gets involved with a former copywriter desperate for a job.

March 3
Patriot Act with Hasan Minhaj: Volume 2 (Netflix Original, streaming weekly on Sundays)Comedian Hasan Minaj satirizes the news in weekly episodes.

March 5
Disney's Christopher Robin

Secret City: Under the Eagle (Netflix Original) A journalist gets entangled in a conspiracy while trying to clear her former cellmate's name in Season 2 of this series.

March 7
Doubt

The Order (Netflix Original) A college student gets involved in a war between werewolves and practitioners of dark magic.

March 8
After Life (Netflix Original) A widower who writes for a newspaper pushes away those trying to help.

Blue Jasmine

Formula 1: Drive to Survive (Netflix Original) Docuseries that follows one season of Formula 1 racing.

Hunter X Hunter (2011): Seasons 1-3

Immortals (Netflix Original) A vengeful vampire sets out to vanquish a ruthless vampire leader.

Juanita (Netflix Film) Alfre Woodard plays a fed-up single mother who takes an impromptu trip to Paper Moon, Montana.

Lady J (Netflix Film) A wealthy widow seeks revenge after her love affair takes a turn.

Shadow (Netflix Original) An ex-cop who doesn't feel pain strikes out to catch offenders who've eluded the Johannesburg police.

Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams

The Jane Austen Book Club

Walk. Ride. Rodeo. (Netflix Film) A champion barrel racer is paralyzed in an accident but determined to ride again in the movie inspired by a true story.

March 12
Jimmy Carr: The Best of Ultimate Gold Greatest Hits (Netflix Original) The comedian with clever jokes and a hilarious laugh has a new special filmed in Dublin, Ireland.

Terrace House: Opening New Doors: Part 6 (Netflix Original) More of the Japanese reality series.

March 13
Triple Frontier (Netflix Film) Ben Affleck, Oscar Isaac, Charlie Hunnam, Garrett Hedlund and Pedro Pascal play former U.S. soldiers who attempt to rob one of the world's most violent cartels.

March 15
A Separation

Arrested Development: Season 5 B (Netflix Original) The second batch of eight episodes, after May's first batch of pretty-good Season 5 episodes, sees the Bluths continuing to make a mess of their personal and professional lives.

Burn Out (Netflix Film) A french action movie about a superbike racer who moonlights as a drug courier to clear the debt of his son's mom.

Dry Martina (Netflix Film) A singer goes on an escapade in Chile after an odd encounter with a fan and that fan's ex-boyfriend.

Girl (Netflix Original) In this award-winning drama inspired by a true story, 15-year-old Lara trains to become a ballerina as she transitions from her assigned gender.

If I Hadn't Met You (Netflix Original) Spanish series about a father who loses his family in an accident, but can travel to parallel universes to seek a better fate for his wife.

Kung Fu Hustle

Las munecas de la mafia: Season 2 (Netflix Original) The telenovela continues as women are once again entangled in the world of drug lords.

Love, Death & Robots (Netflix Original) Tim Miller ("Deadpool") and David Fincher ("Mindhunter") present an animated anthology series with 18 stories for mature audiences.

Paskal (Netflix Film) Based on a true story: An elite Malaysian naval unit is hijacked by one if its own.

Queer Eye: Season 3 (Netflix Original) The Fab Five are back for physical and mental makeovers, this time in Kansas City, Missouri.

Robozuna: Season 2 (Netflix Original) In the animated kids' show, a boy and his robot buddy work to protect their home against evil.

The Lives of Others

Turn Up Charlie (Netflix Original) In this British comedy, Idris Elba plays a struggling DJ who tries to relaunch his career while working as a nanny for his best friend's 11-year-old daughter.

YooHoo to the Rescue (Netflix Original) The animated Korean kids' show follows five cuddly pals who use gadgets to help animals in trouble.

March 16
Green Door (Netflix Original) A psychologist meets mysterious patients at his clinic in Taiwan.

March 19
Amy Schumer Growing (Netflix Original) The comedian's second Netflix special was filmed in Chicago and covers her marriage, pregnancy and personal growth.

March 22
Carlo & Malik (Netflix Original) A veteran homicide cop is partnered with an Ivory Coast-born rookie in Rome.

Charlie's Colorforms City (Netflix Original) In the kids' cartoon, Charlie goes on colorful expeditions.

Delhi Crime (Netflix Original) The series inspired by trued events is set in India and follows a female police officer searching for culprits of a gang rape.

Historia de un crimen: Colosio (Netflix Original) In a new season, the crime anthology dramatizes the Mexican presidential candidate Luis Donaldo Colosio's 1994 assassination.

Mirage (Netflix Film) A mother saves a boy's life in the past but a space-time continuum glitch results in the loss of her daughter.

Most Beautiful Thing (Netflix Original) A romantic Brazilian TV show about a woman who gains her independence after her husband disappears.

ReMastered: The Miami Showband Massacre (Netflix Original) The music docuseries investigates the 1975 murder of Miami Showband members in Northern Ireland.

Selling Sunset (Netflix Original) The title of this show about realtors selling luxe LA properties comes from Los Angeles' Sunset Boulevard.

The Dirt (Netflix Film) A biopic about rock band Motley Crue based on an autobiography.

March 26
Nate Bargatze: The Tennessee Kid (Netflix Original) A stand-up special about everyday absurdities shot in Duluth, Georgia.

March 28
Ainori Love Wagon: Asian Journey (Netflix Original) The Japanese reality series is back with its "love wagon, " a bus that travels through Asia as passengers look for romance.

March 29
15 August (Netflix Film) An Indian movie produced by veteran Bollywood actress Madhuri Dixit about life in Mumbai.

Bayoneta (Netflix Film) In this Mexican film, a retired boxer gets a shot to redeem himself in the ring.

Osmosis (Netflix Original) In this French sci-fi show, a dating app uses brain data to match singles.

Santa Clarita Diet (Netflix Original) Struggles with life and undeath continue in Season 3 of this comedy starring Drew Barrymore and Timothy Olyphant.

The Highwaymen (Netflix Film) John Lee Hancock ("The Blind Side") directs this movie, starring Kevin Costner and Woody Harrelson, about the detectives who brought down Bonnie and Clyde.

The Legend of Cocaine Island (Netflix Original) A documentary about a small-business owner's journey to find a stash of cocaine in the Caribbean.

Traitors (Netflix Original) As World War II ends, an English woman helps an American agent root out Russian infiltration of the British government.

Tucker and Dale vs. Evil

March 30
How to Get Away with Murder: Season 5

March 31
El sabor de las margaritas (Netflix Original)

Trailer Park Boys: The Animated Series (Netflix Original) After 12 seasons, the Canadian show has the entire gang turned into cartoons.

Leaving March 1
Bruce Almighty
Fair Game - Director's Cut
Ghostbusters
Ghostbusters 2
Hostage
Pearl Harbor
The Breakfast Club
The Cider House Rules
The Gift
The Little Rascals
United 93

Leaving March 2
Law & Order: Special Victims Unit: Season 18

Leaving March 3
Drop Dead Diva: Seasons 1-6

Leaving March 4
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

Leaving March 5
Newsies: The Broadway Musical

Leaving March 8
Click

Leaving March 16
Baby Mama
Charlie St. Cloud
Role Models

Leaving March 18
Disney's Beauty and the Beast

Leaving March 31
Party of Five: Seasons 1-6
The Real Ghostbusters: Seasons 1-5

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Added over the weekend:

Bert Kreischer: The Machine (Standup)
Blue Ruin (Thriller)
Dolphin Tale 2 (Family)
Firebrand (Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Go! Live Your Way Season 1 (TV, Kids, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Paddleton (Drama, Netflix Original)
Paris is Us (Drama, Romantic, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Rebellion Season 2 (TV, Drama, Netflix Original)
Suburra: Blood on Rome Season 2 (TV, Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
The Big Family Cooking Showdown Season 2 (TV, Reality, Netflix Original)
The Drug King (Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
The Photographer Of Mauthausen (Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
The Prince (Action, Thriller)
Trespass Against Us (Drama)
Workin' Moms Season 1 (TV, Comedy, Netflix Original)

Oct 27, 2017
Idris' new series gets a trailer. Not sure how I feel about it, but if it was a nobody in the lead I wouldn't give this show a chance.

Maker

Nov 15, 2017
If you've not seen Tucker and Dale vs Evil yet I highly recommend you watch it when it returns.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Added today:

007 Movies (Action, Thriller)
2,215 (Doc, Social, Foreign)
A Clockwork Orange (SciFi)
An Interview with God (Drama)
Apollo 13 (Drama)

Battlefield Earth (Action, SciFi)
BNK48: Girls Don't Cry (Doc, Music, Foreign)
Brain Games Season 5-7 (TV, Science)
Budapest (Comedy, Foreign, Netflix Original)

Cricket Fever: Mumbai Indians Season 1 (TV, Doc, Sports, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon (Action, Foreign)
Dead in a Week (Or Your Money Back) (Comedy)
Doomsday Preppers Season 2 (TV, Reality)
Emma (Romantic, Comedy)

Exposed (Drama)
Hulk Vs. (Action)
Junebug (Comedy)
Kilo Two Bravo (Drama)
Larva Island Season 2 (TV, Kids, Netflix Original)

Legally Blonde (Comedy)
Lord of War (Thriller)
Losers Collection 1 (TV, Doc, Netflix Original)
Music and Lyrics (Romantic, Drama)
Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist (Romantic, Comedy)

Northern Rescue Season 1 (TV, Drama, Netflix Original)
Radio Rebel (Family)
River's Edge (Drama, Foreign)
Room for Rent (Comedy)
Saving Mr. Banks (Drama)
Strangers on a Train (Thriller)

Stuart Little (Family)
Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (Drama, Musical)
The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind (Drama, Netflix Original)
The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. Season 3 (TV, Anime)
The Hurt Locker (Drama)

The Notebook (Drama, Romantic)
The Spiderwick Chronicles (Family)
Thunderbolt and Lightfoot (Action)
W. (Drama)

Wet Hot American Summer (Comedy)
Winter's Bone (Drama)
Your Son (Thriller, Foreign, Netflix Original)

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Added today:

A Korean Odyssey Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Bedtime Stories (Family)
Caregiver (Drama, Foreign)
Christopher Robin (Family)
Everyday I Love You (Romantic, Drama, Foreign)
Exit Strategy (Romantic, Comedy)
Kid Kulafu (Drama, Foreign)
Middle School: The Worst Years of My Life (Family)
My Only Mother (Comedy, Foreign)
The Dawn Wall (Doc, Sports)
The Hard Way (Action)

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Dunno if anyone can help, but I'm having issues with playback for DD S3. Was watching ST Discovery earlier and that played fine, but every episode of DD S3, somewhere in each episode, gets to a point where the 99% comes up with the red circle spinning, and eventually the message " we're having trouble playing this title at the moment. Please try again later or select a different title.".

Everything else is playing fine.
Using it on my LG B8.

OP
OP
GK86

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Added the past few days:

After Life Season 1 (TV, Comedy, Netflix Original)
Bangkok Love Stories: Hey You Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Bangkok Love Stories: Innocence Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Eugenie Nights Season 1 (TV, Drama)
Formula 1: Drive to Survive Season 1 (TV, Doc, Sports, Netflix Original)
Hunter X Hunter Season 1-3 (TV, Anime)
Immortals Season 1 (TV, SciFi, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Into the Badlands Season 3 (TV, Action, Fantasy)
Jimmy Carr: The Best of Ultimate Gold Greatest Hits (Standup, Netflix Original)
Juanita (Drama, Romantic, Netflix Original)
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Season 1 (TV, Anime)
Lady J (Romantic, Drama, Netflix Original)
Shadow Season 1 (TV, Action, Foreign, Netflix Original)
Social Animals (Doc, Social)
Spy Kids 2: The Island of Lost Dreams (Family)
Terrace House: Opening New Doors Part 6 (TV, Reality, Netflix Original)
This Evening Season 1 (TV, Drama, Foreign)
Triple Frontier (Action, Thriller, Netflix Original)
Walk. Ride. Rodeo. (Family)

Last edited:

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
Argh, based on what I can find online I guess my opinion us unpopular, but I quite enjoyed Nightflyer and finished it. Then I find out it was actually cancelled by SyFy and there is no season 2? It was based on some writings by George RR Martin, but they were all short stories? So I guess that means that the storyline in the show was more or less original and I'm pretty much SOL in terms of finding out what happened at the end?

Oct 25, 2017
Argh, based on what I can find online I guess my opinion us unpopular, but I quite enjoyed Nightflyer and finished it. Then I find out it was actually cancelled by SyFy and there is no season 2? It was based on some writings by George RR Martin, but they were all short stories? So I guess that means that the storyline in the show was more or less original and I'm pretty much SOL in terms of finding out what happened at the end?

Always seems like syfy shows get canceled.

Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
I just finished 'Lovesick' and thought it was wonderful. The last episode wraps things up fairly well, but still hope there may be a season 4 eventually.

Anyone else try 'The Order'? The acting is painfully bad...

Maker

Nov 15, 2017
What's a good (newer) British crime show or mystery? I just finished Broadchurch and need something else. Is The Fall good?