• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome! I'm still holding out hope we could see a Witcher show at some point.

Kunomori

Nov 1, 2017
More things they made up that have nothing to do with the games (not that they didn't do an awful job whenever anything was taken from the games too, though).

Same studio (which was also responsible for The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones), because apparently it's so hard for Capcom to just find anyone else, so very unlikely that it'll be any better either.

Oh god....

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they don't fuck it up. And please have Chris or Jill make an appearance.
For the love of god cast David Boreanaz if its older grizzled RE5/RE6 Chris
latest

latest

Last edited:

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
I don't expect it to be that great, but I'll watch it and it'll probably be entertaining enough.

I'm assuming the reason they chose to film this in South Africa was because they needed scenes involving the discovery of the Progenitor Virus (which in the games, it's discovered in South Africa and that's where things really get going). Going to be weird to see them try to fake Maryland in South Africa as well, though, but I guess that'd be easier than the other way around (faking Africa within Maryland).

This actually fits entirely with something that was rumored years ago, I can't find it but I really do remember a rumor from several years ago about a Resident Evil TV series that got greenlit about the creation of the T-Virus, the first major outbreak, and three powerful factions trying to cover it up, and the series going to be more about conspiracies and the horror of secrets and a town going to Hell. I can't find this anymore, but I swear this plot detail sounds almost exactly like the rumor from years back.

Mars People

Comics Council 2020
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope it's animated.

All the weird and crazy monsters would look crap on a tv budget. Not to mention they would be on screen for about 2 minutes tops.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Almost bound to be the best Resident Evil thing outside of the games.
Could still end up also being bad.

Clearfield because Claire Redfield?
There doesn't seem to be a Clearfield in Maryland, there's one in Pennsylvania. Guess it was relocated.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I suffered through all of the films so I'll watch it, but honestly not that hyped from the description. Why not just set it in Raccoon City rather than this new place? An asylum where experiments are being run on inmates is the most generic thing they could come up with (and RE wasn't particularly original in the first place). This sounds like it has the potential to just be a generic zombie show which name drops Umbrella ... similar to how the films ended up.

I'm much more interested in the Devil May Cry animated series from the Castlevania guys, if it's still happening.

Fuck it then. Meh would of been so much better animated.

Right there with you. An animated Resident Evil series has always been a dream of mine.