• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Really off-model animation and character design. Carmen Sandiego is supposed to look like this:

strongbadqwinv.png

Just kidding this looks cool.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
I don't actually care about her past I just liked how they would track her down in the old show and she always escaped their asses and stole their shit no matter what kind of tricks they did to catch that CRIMINAL.

Glad they kept the look though, it's too iconic to try to make better. aka worse

Ixzion

Nov 7, 2017
Why are they making Carmen the good guy in all this? She's a fucking master criminal and the whole point is how good she is at eluding capture.

Love the art style, though.

Panther2103

Oct 27, 2017
I like the look of the art, but the animation goes from choppy to smooth in different scenes. Seems a bit weird. Like less frames of animations were used in some parts.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure I'll try a few episodes but my attachment to the franchise was always moreso to the game show.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Why are they making Carmen the good guy in all this? She's a fucking master criminal and the whole point is how good she is at eluding capture.

Love the art style, though.
Look at the old games and shows, Carmen was a gentlewoman thief, and sometimes the hero. And she never harmed anyone or hell she went out of her way to help people
Looks like it was animated by a Happy Meal.
Were they rationing the frames ?

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
A couple of thoughts while I let this gestate:
1) This definitely feels like a kids show rather than some sort of "all ages" fare. That's okay but I was hoping for something a little more aged up.
2) I am laughing to myself over somebody going to "crime school" on a train, Hogwarts-style.

My name is Finale Fireworker, top of my class at crime school, where I learn to do crimes. Watch out.

Ixzion

Nov 7, 2017
Look at the old games and shows, Carmen was a gentlewoman thief, and sometimes the hero. And she never harmed anyone or hell she went out of her way to help people

I've seen quite a bit of the old stuff, so I do know that she was a gentlewoman thief and didn't harm anyone, but I don't remember her being a hero. The way I remember it is that she used to work for ACME and was the best cop, then she got bored and decided to become the best thief. That plot point was always compelling to me.

This making her go to evil school is so...meh.

Oct 27, 2017
No Rockapella theme song, no sale. I need hot Carmen Sandiego and cheesy themes

I am not the target demographic at all lol

Burly

Oct 25, 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carmen_Sandiego_(character)
In other media, however, the character seems more than willing to bring chaos and destruction upon the world. For example, many of the thefts committed in the Where in Time Is Carmen Sandiego? game show, such as stealing the history of medicine for example, would quite clearly cause millions to die, although this is never specifically stated. In Word Detective and Math Detective, she appears to be particularly fiendish, plotting to steal the concept of natural language in the former and to make herself invincible in the latter. This inconsistency in her portrayal is never explained, but it seems reasonable to assume that not all Carmen media is set in the same fictional universe

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
COMING SOON;
You've seen Inspector Gadget, but did you ever wonder how Claw became a Doctor? Well, wonder no longer thanks to "Evil Aclawdemy!"

And

"From the makers of Evil Aclawdemy comes a new tail;
You've seen their biker exploits but did you ever wonder what journeys the mice took to get from Mars to Chicago? Well, wonder no longer thanks to "Fear the Biker Mice from Mars"

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
Wow.... This is amongst the stupidest things I've ever seen... I've actually enjoyed most of Netflix animated series, but did we really need to turn Carmen Sandiego into Totally Spies but evil and not in a cool way?

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I remember playing the original game back in the day. It was hard as hell.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Is this an esurance commercial? Eh, hopefully the kids like it.

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Lame. The animation looks cheap. The art style looks bad. They gave a backstory to Carmen Sandiego? She's cool because she's mysterious and morally ambiguous in the cartoon.

SystemBug

Oct 25, 2017
Before watching the trailer, I read the comments about the art style and how much it sucks.

I don't think it sucks at all

Crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno I'm not feeling this. Crime School? Hard cringe. This "young" Carmen interpretation I feel loses a lot of the mystique of the original Carmen. I feel she's been brought down to Earth a bit too much for my tastes. As someone else said, this feels a bit kiddified rather than more "all ages".

Contramann

Oct 27, 2017
The appeal of Carmen Sandiego for me was how she was a crafty genius who, no matter how much you tried to corner her, would always escape at the last minute as part of her plan. She was the epitome of that cooler than cool gentlewoman thief.

Unfortunately this clip isn't giving me vibes with this (She went to a goddamn school to learn how to do this? Come the fuck on!) but I'm willing to see if it has so really cool shit or good writing to carry it trhough.