• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

verygooster

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Real talk I prefer the Where on Earth theme song to the game show's.

I dunno that I was feeling that trailer but I'd probably still give the show a shot.

Can you play those games anywhere now or like buy them from GOG or something?

Axiom

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't grow up with the shows but I loved the games at school and Carmen was always captivating as a figure. I'll give this a go because of the licence.

What is the best version of/the best way to play Carmen these days?

Oct 25, 2017
When that piano started playing I thought it was going to play Sweet Dreams, but it didn't.
Carmen's voice is as flat as the animation also.

I am not the intended audience gumshoe.

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus that is insanely ugly. How does the animation look worse than the original which is 24 ish years old? :/ Castlevania is the only animated show in recent years that's actually been of any quality in my eyes....

91sn32Q.jpg

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Really bothers me what they did to her character.

Carmen Sandiego's whole thing was that she was an agent who went rogue and became a thief because... that's what she wanted to do. She didn't go to "thief school." She was allowed to be a villain. It's what made her fun. She wasn't 'evil', but she was still a master thief on the run because she loved the chase. This just kinda bums me out. Like, maybe something cool is coming out of this, but it ain't what I think of when I think of Carmen Sandiego.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I cringed at crime school, and the "where is carmen sandiego" feels more like nostalgia bait then an actual part of this version. In both games, the old cartoon, and the gameshow carmen left clues for people to figure out where she would steal next. I dunno how that gimmick works if Carmen is in the protagonist role.

I do like the idea of this series though, I think the animation looks fine and I like the personality of the gentlewomen thief carmen. I'll probably give it a shot when it airs.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
Everything looks like it's animated in flash now. She's a good thief now too? Lame.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't mind them painting her as an anti-hero, it's different. However, nice Carmen doing bad things is the best Carmen Sandiego.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Screw this cartoon bullshit.

1) Reboot the game show.

and

2) Make a live action movie starring Gillian Anderson.

hi2.jpg

Alfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I never played any of the games and I probably watched like 2 episodes of the game show when I was a kid, but I always assumed Carmen Sandiego was a villain. Making her a "thief who steals from other thieves" sounds really boring.

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
I don't mind the art style. Could be a lot worse. At least it's not that Steven Universe/Gravity Falls/Adventure Time/Thundercats Reboot look.

Reminds me a little of Velocity 2x.

SQTAoYZ.jpg

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY

While I don't mind the style used in this new show, I definitely prefer the older look of animated shows like this. I guess it must have been harder to do or it took longer, since companies moved away from it.

Also liked Carmen being the mysterious figure committing heists and always getting away, while we (the viewer) kind of play along and try to discover where she'd go next.

Deleted member 43077

User requested account closure
Banned
May 9, 2018
I dig the way she looks for the most part and it looks interesting. knowing me tho i probably wont watch it.

BlackGoku03

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda reminds me of Samurai Jack's animation.
tenor.gif

Not sure if I like it. My wife really likes it though. She's gonna watch it with our daughter.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Making her some kind of robin hood character who goes to evil school instead of her original origins turns me off the idea of the show, even if it's not aimed at me. The final straw is no rockapella theme

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really excited for this. It looks good. I don't have the same nostalgia that others do, though, so I'm not so attached to her original character.

I think the idea was to not promote being a thief to young children, and also to avoid the idea of linking a Latinx woman to being a flat-out thief or even remotely resembling a villain...y'know, considering millions of people already demonize and vilify Latinx people. Probably not a great idea to give them more fuel.

In any case, this still seems really intriguing. This isn't for older fans. This is for a new generation of potential Carmen Sandiego fans.

Rust

Jan 24, 2018
The only treasure that Carmen Sandiego can't steal...
... is her own heart of gold.

CARMEN SANDIEGO, TUESDAYS ON FOX NETFLIX

Nov 3, 2017
I was just about to post how surprisingly positive the reception to the trailer has been compared to when supposed adults went into meltdowns over She Ra and Thundercats, but lol, looks like the negativity was all just on Era

Fosko

Oct 27, 2017
Carmen looks super bland, her older and stronger original look was the way to go.

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
guess it was built for a certain audience because all my art friends love the look of it.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Looks like something I can watch with my six-year-old daughter. Always happy to have more female leads in kids shows, and Netflix has some good ones. Hilda, She-Ra, My Little Pony, Glitter Force...

Any others that parents would recommend? I also have a three-year-old, and she's still into Paw Patrol and Super Monsters. Bo on the Go sometimes too. And Peppa Pig.