Netflix's dark comedy show, Russian Doll, out now

Oct 25, 2017
Reading the Vulture article with one of the co-creators and I didnt know her first writing job was for the FX show Terriers. Man, I freaking loved that show. It still makes me sad when i think about it which is why it caught me off guard that the writer of the article brought it up. Just an interesting coincidence and I’m glad people from that show are finding success.

Oct 25, 2017
Took me a couple of episodes to get into the show - I got really annoyed with the

cigarette/ketamine sub-plot that went nowhere

Regardless, the show picks up considerably and I ended up enjoying it quite a bit.

Oct 25, 2017
Took me a couple of episodes to get into the show - I got really annoyed with the

cigarette/ketamine sub-plot that went nowhere
I think it's fine to complain that the show takes a little too long to start really progressing, but at the same time it seems pretty clear that the supernatural circumstances of the show aren't related to Nadia smoking a laced joint. I'm not sure why you would expect that subplot to have any payoff.

Oct 27, 2017
Reading the Vulture article with one of the co-creators and I didnt know her first writing job was for the FX show Terriers. Man, I freaking loved that show. It still makes me sad when i think about it which is why it caught me off guard that the writer of the article brought it up. Just an interesting coincidence and I’m glad people from that show are finding success.
I was just thinking about Terriers today. Added it to my favorites list on TV Time and wondered of anyone even knew what that was anymore.

Along with Quarry, my favorite show no one knows.

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's fine to complain that the show takes a little too long to start really progressing, but at the same time it seems pretty clear that the supernatural circumstances of the show aren't related to Nadia smoking a laced joint. I'm not sure why you would expect that subplot to have any payoff.
I knew that it wasn't related to the joint and I wasn't expecting a payoff, which is why I just didn't like the amount of screen-time that plot thread received. Just felt too much like filler - I'm aware that Nadia couldn't just assume the circumstances were supernatural from the get-go, but I feel like it could have been handled better.

Oct 27, 2017
That last episode made me tear up. And holy shit at them using two John Maus songs.
Just finished last night and had a long cry starting at that last shot.

Really incredible work. I hope this gets the traction it deserves; it's so flawlessly executed right up until the ending, which I was so scared they wouldn't be able to capitalize on the previous 8 episodes with and wrap things up in a satisfying way, but they absolutely did. The ending is perfect. Such a good show.

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
My wife and I just finished binging this and I am gobsmacked about how good it is. Give them all the Emmys. ALL OF THEM.
I need to watch it again.

I think the moment where the show went through the roof for me was
Natasha's acting when she thought that in each timeline there would be people who were affected by/mourning her and it tore her apart.

Last edited: