• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
They better throw in I Got You Babe at some point. Looks good, I'll give it a watch. I like the tease at the end that she's not the only one.

Batatina

Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, UK
It's a definite watch for me. Love Natasha Lyone (even if she's playing herself), love the premise (even if it's nothing new), and has a good vibe.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I stopped binging shows a while ago but I couldn't help it with this and it was fucking great.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
I watched this and liked it, but kind of wasn't really feeling Lyonne's co-actor. Also there's some suspect gaming stuff in this, no big deal but kind of eye rolling. It's funny and clever and edgy(in a good way) though.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
I watched this and liked it, but kind of wasn't really feeling Lyonne's co-actor. Also there's some suspect gaming stuff in this, no big deal but kind of eye rolling. It's funny and clever and edgy(in a good way) though.
Lol yeah, there's definitely some weird gaming stuff and her "code review" meeting was pretty dumb. The show has problems, but I find it enjoyable.

Sloane

Oct 25, 2017
Only watched the first two episodes so far but those were surprisingly good for an original Netflix show. Might actually semi-binge this over the next two or three days. Pleasent surprise!

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Woah, will watch.

I'm hoping it's kinda like Re:Zero where she eventually gets further enough that she reaches another "save point".

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017
Posted in the want are you watching Feb thread about this. I was excited by the trailer but had no idea it would be this good. Fantastic show. Quirky, dark, funny and heart breaking. Much more ethereal and surreal than I expected. Amazing performance by Natasha who was tailor built for this role (I'm sure her writing with poehler probably explains part of that lol) and the other actors.

It's rocketed up to one of my favorite new series of the last year or two and that's with two episodes left to go

Dandy

Oct 25, 2017
I love Natasha Lyonne! Hopefully have time to watch a few episodes this week.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, looks pretty interesting. Guess I'll watch Velvet Buzzsaw which also looks cool, and then this.

Thanks for the post!

El Toporo

Oct 25, 2017
It's a great show. Started to watch it, couldn't stop until I was finished. It's not what I necessarily expected from the trailer or the premise. It's so much more.
I think Captjohnboyd put it very well.

Edit:
I also want to stress that the soundtrack is amazing.

Last edited:

SWoS

Oct 29, 2017
UK
It's a great show. Started to watch it, couldn't stop until I was finished. It's not what I necessarily expected from the trailer or the premise. It's so much more.

Edit:

Agree with all of this and yes, Captjohnboyd nailed it. Soundtrack is just perfect.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Stargate SG-1 had an episode like it as well. It was pretty good, especially when O'neill started to lose it.

wacko.jpg

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017

Edit:
Agree with all of this and yes, Captjohnboyd nailed it. Soundtrack is just perfect.
I concur. The soundtrack is so good. Some really great choices and like so many other choices they made it all seems to work seamlessly

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was a little weird that they basically decided to release it on Groundhog Day, and I am skeptical that this premise can carry a 10-12 episode series, but we shall see. I am glad I have something else to watch now that I have finished YOU.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I thought it was a little weird that they basically decided to release it on Groundhog Day, and I am skeptical that this premise can carry a 10-12 episode series, but we shall see. I am glad I have something else to watch now that I have finished YOU.
It's only 8 episodes and they're half an hour each.

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm halfway through the second episode, and I fucking love Natasha Lyonne's performance.

Also like that the show is so absurdly pretentious New York, in a self deprecating but also revering kind of way.

Adree

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was really good all the way through. They sort of redeem the gaming stuff towards the end.

Oct 25, 2017
The ending + buildup to it were fucking great.

Wasn't expecting something reminiscent of that scene from Holy Motors.

Last edited:

NameUser

Oct 25, 2017
This is like "The End of the Fucking World" or whatever it was called. Very impressive show that will be ruined by a second season. This needs to be one and done!

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Just watched the first two episodes and I'm loving it so far.

Funny but dark and I'm very interested in some of the small differences that you are noticing so far.

Also agree about the soundtrack, top notch so far.

zeroOman

Oct 27, 2017
funny thing is... i was thinking of watching just one eps, to see what is about... till i reached final eps... i was totally hock....

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't realize this was coming out so soon until I saw it pop up on my home page last night. I watched the first 2 episodes and loved it so far even if it does follow a lot of the same story beats as Groundhog Day, at least in those 2 episodes. Although I'm not sure you could do some of it differently, it's how a lot of people would react to what was happening.

Summer

Oct 27, 2017
London
Binged it all today and loved it. I love films/shows that explore this theme. It's such a cool idea with so much room for creativity e.g. whether it's intentional through the use of technology (Source Code and Edge of Tomorrow) or something that the protagonist has to try and discover for themselves (like Before I Fall or Happy Death Day and obviously Groundhog Day).

Always looking for recommendations for films of this kind if anyone has any!