• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017
you learn to budget and you settle for not ideal living or you are still with your parents. but in my experience it was doable.

That is still awfully rough. I just assumed you would start out at a higher rate. You only made like $2.00 an hour more than someone working at a Mcdonalds. Especially for all of the time you have to put in that doesn't strike me as fair compensation.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
Don't misread me. I'm not trying to downplay how bad things were/are. I literally mean, what can be done about it?

No not saying you were. I just wanted to add that crunch alone isn't the only problem at NRS. Many other AAA companies do have crunch , but NRS seems to severely underpay their employees and also have some backwards ass sexist work culture.

Like wtf is this shit ?
women were not included in the scrum meetings because they were distracting for the guys

ByteCulture

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I dub this, The Gamer's Conundrum
"Oh Crunch is bad, I hate Crunch how horrible"
"Why the fuck haven't they patched this already, where is the next update, where is the new free content they promised"

You can add

" Oh its not out one year later it must be in development hell"

Seriously companies needs to step away from shorter development cycles if you cant sustain normal working conditions.

I guess the more time you have the better your people can work

Getting the feeling that the AAA culture is toxic for videogames