• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Sep 7, 2020
I saw this rumor on the gaming leaks and rumors reddit page and had not seen it mentioned here yet though. I do not know how reliable the source is but this would be extremely interesting and disappointing (RIP MVC4) in some regards for me as well if true.

Edit: I think if it is true, then we likely hear about it this year since its been a few years since MK11 and they are generally on a 2 year cadence.

Last edited:

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Oh this is something I didn't know I wanted.

This would be incredible.

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Who the heck?

Yeah, gonna go with unlikely here chief.

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
Boon let something slip in the rapid fire questions video from Game Informer a while ago. Would be cool.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
No, please no… can't imagine the fluid Marvel gameplay going from that to Netherrealm's style (which I'm not a fan of).

cdigs

Apr 4, 2019
Anyone mind copy/pasting for those of us at work with site blockers? Please and thanks.

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Oh God I hope not, I just can't stand the way Netherrealms Fighting games look and play. But it's not like Marvel or Capcom are doing anything else so...

And hey, well most likely get a cool campaign if that's the case.

Sesha

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Marvel fighting game with NRS animations and VFX

339149037963968513.png

Aeroucn

Oct 27, 2017
For the love of god please no, just let Capcom get their shit together and wait for a new MvC

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
*gets popcorn*

On the other hand, maybe this makes it more likely that Capcom would either a) choose a new dancing partner for a crossover or b) just make a Teppen-based "Capcom All-stars" fighting game instead.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
I hate how Neatherrealms games feel. Feels like I have to buffer in the entire combo. Would be very disappointed having that over MvC4

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Anyone mind copy/pasting for those of us at work with site blockers? Please and thanks.
Its basically saying that some "insider" that I never heard of with a paywalled patreon account is posting rumors and one of which si Netherrealm making a Marvel fighting game for next gen consoles.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If this is true and it sells like the rest of their games then MVC sounds possibly fucked.

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
I hope that's not the case, this would displease both sides, people who are more inclined to Capcom, and people who want NRS to stick to DC and MK.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Huh... I like Injustice and I love Marvel so hey, I'd be down for that if it happened.

Unless it meant MvC4 not happening. In which case this hypothetical NRS Marvel game can forget it.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
for whatever people might think of them, Marvel would be smart to go to NRS. they've proven at this point they can adapt those IP into mega-successful game franchises. and they cast the widest net of any fighting game developer.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
I don't know how that could work, business wise. It would basically be a collaboration between Disney and Warner, which would almost mean a collaboration between DC and Marvel, something that hasn't happened in a long, long time.

I'm very skeptical and also not really interested in a NetherRealm Marvel story mode, as I feel Marvel lacks the storytelling and characters that made Injustice possible (and great).

I'd be down for a crossover Marvel vs DC game though.

TripleBee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Vancouver
Would be cool. But I don't think this makes any sense. I doubt Warner Brothers would want NetherRealm to pause work on an IP they own (DC / Mortal Kombat) - to make a game where Disney owns the IP.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I can totally see Marvel Games wanting to go this route after the show of sales and general positive reception of NRS games among casuals. It's probably a winning formula.

While I personally dearly love the way Capcom has defined Marvel in fighting games, I think this move would make absolute sense.

Dedazen

Oct 7, 2019
Daniel Richtman is very reliable when it comes to the film industry, let's see if he's as reliable when it comes to the video game industry

egg

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Regardless of animations it would be dope to see another Marvel fighting game made by someone else for once.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
I'd much rather any other fighting game studio than NRS doing marvel. I like MK and injustice but there is something about their games that bothers me, something about the stiffness of the animation.

I'd much rather get an anime fighter dev like french bread to do marvel if I would be in charge.