• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sephi22

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
New thread for new news. Announced on the Kombat Kast just now.
Here's the clip:

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
source.gif

Oct 28, 2017
To have it so egregious in the first place just shows someone managing monetisation was hoping it'd get accepted by the public. Tweaking it now means nothing.

Saty

Oct 27, 2017
What happened to playtesting? Before or after the real-money store goes online?

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Fix makes it sound unintentional. Like a bug, and not a core design principle by WB that they've done in multiple games niw.

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I will at least choose to believe that the problems came down to a sincere balancing cock-up rather than P2W nonsense, especially since MK games in general can be pretty difficult.

justin haines

Banned
Nov 27, 2018
They always were going to respond. The question is when and how much.

Does this game sell unlock everything in the krypt again? Maybe they will wait a week till the whales have passed through.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope they work things out to a reasonable level, the game is fun otherwise and I'll probably finish the story tonight.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Quick response IE before the game came out. Better drop soon because hey, the streets need this.

Oct 25, 2017
NRS would then have to explain how this wasn't a natural progression in design given that these "features" have been creeping into their games for nearly a decade now.

I don't buy that this was a bug or error

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
why not before, why did the game ship in this miserable state at all?

but well, it was good that reviews pointed that out, they could have go easily over 90 metacritic without this BS attached to the game, seems like they listened to the criticism

looking forward to the changes at least...

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I didn't exactly expect them to do nothing. I hope the changes they make are noticeable

bbq of doom

Oct 25, 2017
why not before, why did the game ship in this miserable state at all?

but well, it was good that reviews pointed that out, they could have go easily over 90 metacritic without this BS attached to the game

(1) they didn't test it;
(2) they wanted to see the public's limit; or
(3) both?

Oct 28, 2017
The game isn't released yet. Tweaking it now means hopefully curtailing it for the vast majority of players at launch.

Yeah but it was intended to be like this on release. Them saying they'll look into this on the Kast goes to show its not something they just forgot about until the last second. The grind was meant to be as real as possible to frustrate you into paying up to skip it.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
They always were going to respond. The question is when and how much.

Does this game sell unlock everything in the krypt again? Maybe they will wait a week till the whales have passed through.

no, because there are crystals for direct unlocks, they would lose money with a "unlock all" option. i don´t think there will be such an option. and even if, it is still additional money.

infinityBCRT

Nov 1, 2017
To have it so egregious in the first place just shows someone managing monetisation was hoping it'd get accepted by the public. Tweaking it now means nothing.
It actually means a lot to me, because I intend to play this game and I'll be happier that the cosmetic unlocks are not going to be as grindy as they originally were.

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Exactly where I am right now. They designed it with a manipulative philosophy in mind. Suddenly that philosophy is going to change?

I'll wait and see.

Yeah, I'm not going to give you the benefit of the doubt if you design a mode where players get debuffs that you need items to avoid - items that you just so happen to be able to buy. That's in addition to loot boxes and like half a dozen currency types. Sorry.

Raw64life

Oct 25, 2017
They'll adjust it just enough so that it's still a load of bullshit, but certain people will praise them for it and declare that the problem is "not that bad anymore".

Then they'll take it another step further in whatever their next game is 2 years from now. Rinse and repeat.

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
Yeah, I'm not going to give you the benefit of the doubt if you design a mode where players get debuffs that you need items to avoid - items that you just so happen to be able to buy. That's in addition to loot boxes and like half a dozen currency types. Sorry.
Yep. Between this bullshit and the Rousey casting, this game went from a 100% buy to a 100% don't buy for me.

thonerayman

Oct 27, 2017
Well with Derek was on the game informer podcast he said that nrs watched everywhere and name dropped gamefaqs. If they are watching there I have no doubt they are watching here. They saw the uproar and knew they had to do something. Not to mention we saw reviewers mention and clearly knock off points from the games score for this

Calibro

Oct 27, 2017
Belarus
All planned. Almost every game with excessive microtransactions does it around the release lol.

Last edited: