• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
I am traveling to zoras domain and a thunderstorm hit. I am sitting under some rocks waiting for it to pass. 15 hours in game time has passed and i don't want to leave because it took me 20 minutes to get where i am now. I don't have any non metal weapons so i cant move forward. Any idea how long i could be stuck here?

Deleted member 1378

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
The moment the lightning is about to strike, toss your weapon away from you and the lightning will hit it (as long as you're not wearing metal armour)

You could also fast travel out, get non-metal stuff and then fast travel back in

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Whoever designed thunderstorms in that game needs fired on the spot, or punched so hard straight in the face...

Edit : just to be clear I was totally just joking here, I admit that thunderstorms in this game can be rage inducing lol but I don't truly desire anyone to actually be punched in the face.

Last edited:

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just unequip all metal and book it. Better yet use it to your advantage, chuck the sword or shield, then using the magnet move it at any enemies to give them the shocks.

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
You can also draw lightning away, too. Get something metal (a sword you don't want to keep, for example), holding it out with the magnet, and use the lightning strikes it lures to fight enemies if you end up having to deal with some.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
It's supposed to be constantly raining as you approach Zora's domain. It's part of the story.

Find some non metallic weapons and armor and you should be good.

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
You either need to stealth past the enemies or come back with wooden weapons. Theres a story reason for the rain and you need to make it past there to stop it.

Edit: or just use bombs

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What about the enemies?
[strike]use a bow! A wooden one. There are several melee weapons and shields that are non-conductive too, the weapon change quickbar actually shows you which ones will attract lighting and which ones are safe.[/strike]

I noticed you said you don't have any non-metal weapon.

Ummm... Run. And drop bombs.Use the magnesis + thrown boomerang trick.

There's no strikethrough on here so just pretend.

OP
OP
hlhbk

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
You either need to stealth past the enemies or come back with wooden weapons. Theres a story reason for the rain and you need to make it past there to stop it.

Edit: or just use bombs

I have played this part before on my switch. I am restarting using cemu. Last time it rained the whole way there but never thunderstormed.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Are you sure it's a thunderstorm and not just regular rain? I don't recall there being a thunderstorm in the route to Zora's domain.

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is why you collect wood and flint to make yourself a campfire in a little cave or place with some sort of shade in order to wait out the rain.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder how the OP even managed to press Start at the title screen. I mean, the game doesn't even tell you how to do it.

ReyVGM

Author - NES Endings Compendium
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
You don't even need flint. A red chuchu jelly is good enough, or a fire sword/rod.

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
Whoever designed thunderstorms in that game needs fired on the spot, or punched so hard straight in the face...

No need to get violent, dude. Thunderstorms are easily dealt with in BoTW. You just have to play around with your equipment, or find something makeshift in the meantime.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
I haven't done that part since March so I may be remembering incorrectly but I believe it always rains there (it may go away after completing a part in the story) I don't think it's a thunderstorm though. I may be way off, regardless the game makes it pretty clear when you're about to get struck by lighting so you can throw your items or unequip them. If you have the option, just don't wear anything metal or use any metal weapons.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
It seems like many have ignored that this storm of his isn't going away if hes near Zora's Domain lol...

It's a main story beat.

...why? They could have been designed better (they're way too easily dealt with), and it's super weird/inconsistent that you can wear metal armor during storms (that threw me off big time at first, I was unequipping ALL metal the first several times), but it's not that big of a deal at all.

Jader7777

Oct 26, 2017
Australia
I love thunderstorms in the game. Honestly, it's amazing game design, you have to adapt fast or die, it looks like you chose to die OP. :)

Oct 27, 2017
The thunderstorm in this area will clear once you complete a specific story event. Just keep going, unequip weapons & armour if you need to and just run past enemies wherever you can. If you've been travelling for 20 minutes you must be close. Maybe keep manually saving in case you die?

issa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Thunderstorms are fine IMO, it forces you to diversify your equipment. I just wish there were anti-slipping gloves similar to the snow boots. Heck it would be a great perk for the climbing gear: greatly reduce the slipping with every upgrade.

Deleted member 16039

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Storms aren't endless, except in one specific area and it's not Zora Domain. Just deal with it.

Buuuuut if you're using CEMU, expect things going wrong for no reasons. Emulation isn't perfect, after all.

Kyntaja

Oct 26, 2017
How do you do sarcasm then?
ea9q7Hz.png

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Agreed. Making rain so common and everything slippery when one of the core new features is climbing anything is beyond stupid.

It can be annoying, but it's not a frequent occurrence really, and usually I just warp away, sleep for a night if I need to, and upon returning the rain should be gone.

Love the storms :)

I always make sure I have a wooden setup for them.

The ancient weapons work too (the glowing blue ones which you get from defeating robot enemies). I typically try to have an ancient sword & shield in my inventory for this very reason.

SuperRaddy

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
There are certain parts of BOTW that have forced weather implemented, its kind of a cue that you shouldn't be there at that time, or need to do something to alter it or by-pass it.

OP
OP
hlhbk

hlhbk

Oct 25, 2017
Storms aren't endless, except in one specific area and it's not Zora Domain. Just deal with it.

Buuuuut if you're using CEMU, expect things going wrong for no reasons. Emulation isn't perfect, after all.

Lol cemu literally had nothing to do with it and people have been fully playing the game with it running perfectly. Emulation causing random issues largely hasn't happend in a long time.