• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NewDonkStrong

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
https://www.slashfilm.com/ghostbusters-4k-blu-ray-new-deleted-scenes/

It's the 35th anniversary of Ghostbusters, and fans have a lot to be excited for. Not only is the first ever Ghostbusters Fan Fest happening this year on the Sony Pictures studio lot, but production will commence on a Ghostbusters sequel that will be directed by Ivan Reitman's accomplished filmmaker son Jason Reitman (Up in the Air, Juno). Now they have a new version of Ghostbusters to look forward to on home video. And don't worry, this isn't just an unnecessary double dip for the sake of the 35th anniversary......

As for those rare and newly unearthed deleted scenes? Give me them now. You might remember that around two years ago, the official Ghost Corps. website posted an image of some newly found footage from the original Ghostbusters that didn't make the final cut and has never been included on previous home video releases. This includes the famous Fort Detmerring sequence, which was turned into a dream sequence joke involving Ray (Dan Aykroyd) being pleasured by a ghost.

Yes, it wasn't just a dream, Ray actually did receive incredible oral sex from a ghost, which is canon to Real Ghostbusters.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
The novelization completely reframes the blowjob scene. Ray and Winston are in some colonial museum or something, Ray is exhausted and takes a nap, and that's when she appears. I don't remember much of it, I read it a LONG time ago.

OP
OP
NewDonkStrong

NewDonkStrong

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
The novelization completely reframes the blowjob scene. Ray and Winston are in some colonial museum or something, Ray is exhausted and takes a nap, and that's when she appears. I don't remember much of it, I read it a LONG time ago.

Yeah, the deleted scene is them spending the night in a museum.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
I hear ghost BJs are awful
giphy.gif

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Okay so just for clarification, the scene that they're talking about it NOT the scene where he wakes up at night and sees the ghost right?

Ninhead

Drive-in Mutant
Avenger
Nov 18, 2017
I still don't understand why they won't release any of the deleted stuff from GB2. I'd love to see Eugene Levy's completely deleted character.

Deleted member 6949

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
EW I know a girl who gets visited by a sleep paralysis demon and it straight up fucks her. No thanks.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
It's really exciting that we're finally going to get to see the Fort Detmerring scenes. Ghostbusters is my favorite movie of all time so I can't wait to see new footage from the movie.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Some things were deleted for a reason

They should have deleted more of it. GB is one of my favorite movies ever, but even what remained shouldn't have. It's cool to see this in the form of extras, but I legit wouldn't mind of they pulled a Lucas and went back and changed the normal cut so Ray isn't dreaming of getting blown by a ghost.

Tanuki-Go

One Winged Slayer
Jul 21, 2018
US
It's really exciting that we're finally going to get to see the Fort Detmerring scenes. Ghostbusters is my favorite movie of all time so I can't wait to see new footage from the movie.

Yup, same here.

Its too bad that they didn't film all of the deleted Possessed-Ray driving scene for 2, though. That would've been cool to see.

I wonder if they have this scene:

maxresdefault.jpg

That's from the mentioned deleted Fort Detmerring scene.