• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
http://thehill.com/policy/energy-en...s-industry-state-officials-to-advisory-boards

giphy.gif

In his company also includes some climate change-skeptics.

Taurus Silver

Big ol' Nerd
Oct 29, 2017
#NotTheOnion

The EPA will be a shell of its former self when Trump and Pruitt are finished with it. America too.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Hygiene theory? Too clean means their bodies won't have the defense needed for when they do inhale poor quality air? Trying to make some sense out of this but...what

Oct 25, 2017
UK NW
How the hell did this idiot even get into this position.
Too clean what with all this pollution literally everywhere right now fuck off and get out of there.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
So, safe to say that Trump supporters believe this, and are buying up piles of coal because they want to "help the environment"?

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
"Do not, my friends, become addicted to clean air! It will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence!"

Jezabel

Oct 27, 2017
This is just the biggest hack excuse for wanting to pollute the air more.

"It was too clean guys! Now it's just right"

Aussiebattler

Oct 27, 2017
Sydney
Come on man. Amazing how i am constantly being surprised by some people's stupidity. You would think the bar's been lowered enough already.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
At this point, I'm just waiting for a new company called OCP to announce they're rebuilding Detroit and have a program in place to privatize law enforcement there.

America truly has descended into 80s Movie Villainy.

Oct 28, 2017
Trumps pick to be chief scientist at the USDA wasn't even a scientist. So were being consistently irresponsible at least.

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This expert is my role model now. I can be an expert in anything I desire! I don't need qualifications! I don't even need to understand the basic fundamentals relating to subject matter! I can be anything! I can be anyone!

I'm not a mere pineapple, no! I'm a plant! A plant that bears a pineapple!

Heri

Oct 28, 2017
Among the dozens of new members to the Science Advisory Board, Clean Air Safety Advisory Committee and Board of Scientific Counselors are representatives of Phillips 66 Co., Southern Co. and the North Dakota Petroleum Council.

Ah of course... the best people for the job.

Dr.Social

Oct 25, 2017
Hygiene theory? Too clean means their bodies won't have the defense needed for when they do inhale poor quality air? Trying to make some sense out of this but...what

Yep, that's exactly what he believes

Mr Phalen has asserted that air is currently too clean, because children's lungs need to breathe irritants so their bodies can learn how to fight them. "Modern air," he said in 2012, "is a little too clean for optimum health."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...ution-good-health-pruitt-phalen-a8033881.html

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
I'll never understand how they see scientists that study these things have a conflict of interest, but industries that could gain tons of money from deregulation don't have a conflict of interest. Some impressive mental gymnastics there.

I am a Bird

Oct 31, 2017
So how many shots of Exhaust fumes does my baby need to inhale per day before he becomes a super baby?

Deleted member 19003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's just like having a dog! It makes your immune system tougher breathing in all that extra pollution guys. China must have like Wolverine immunity by now.

Oct 27, 2017
"air quality currently too clean for children"

i can see the logic/reasoning in that claim in regards to the importance of allowing the immune systems of children to properly adapt to bad air quality at an early age, but I believe this falls short because our air quality is currently so bad our ozone can't keep up.

good logic, but the base case is not accurate. and if your base case isn't good, the conclusion isn't good.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
There's a very small part of me that wants to see all their scheming bullshit succeed just so when it all collapses they have to accept the truth. But the reality is they'd just blame Obama or take credit for changing things for the better.

EssBeeVee

Oct 25, 2017
when clean coal is out it'll be too clean to a point where they'll argue we need some toxic in the air to counter it.