• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 20603

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
There's a very small part of me that wants to see all their scheming bullshit succeed just so when it all collapses they have to accept the truth. But the reality is they'd just blame Obama or take credit for changing things for the better.

Trump is old and will likely die before any extremely severe consequences manifest themselves (other than all these hurricanes). He took advantage of small towns across the U.S. wanting the good old days so he could become the most powerful man in America, and in his eyes, above the law. Hell, he tried to spin the hurricanes as some sort of good team-building exercise. He is a psycopath.

Don't be fooled, none of these older climate change deniers will face the consequences. If they had to look beyond the 10-20 years they had left, they'd sing a different tune.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Well that would totally explain Chinese dominance in children's education compared to the US.

/s

Oct 27, 2017
lol are you guys forgetting history class? obviously humankind died out before civilization was invented, that clean air is a killer

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
mVD5WLe.gif

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Why even still have an EPA if they are just going of have them do the exact opposite of their stated purpose?

It should be fucking illegal to put in place deliberately anti-environmental policies for the EPA.

Fuck Trump. Fuck the Republicans.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Gotta have that dirty air for the smug children of tomorrow. C'mon guys, we all grew up in a post industrialized world with all the smog and haze in the air and we turned out just fine. Btw, did you guys see that flying pig just now? It feels like he's always messing with my head...

Beartruck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is the sort of thing someone says when it doesn't matter. They're gonna do everything they can to destroy the earth. They know it, the people they talk to know it. They just barf out a noise because they are required to. The statement could literally be "Fuck the planet, I wanna jab out mother nature's eye with my dick and rape the corpse" and nothing would change.

linko9

Oct 27, 2017
How you gonna get through life without some diversity. Builds character. Don't want the kids to grow up to be softies.

Oct 25, 2017
Finally, the assumption that modern industry is harming public health and must therefore be forced to comply with ever more stringent regulation is subject to challenge. Modern industrial goods and services are, in fact, major factors in protecting public health and providing prosperity.

He really jumps around with no conclusions other than "we need better multidisciplinary studies, because the science was done a decade a go and because of reasons, we can't trust that. By the way, industry is doing good, so why bother having strict pollution regulations. The EPA overreaches it's legislative power as is shown in these industry lobby lawsuits."

Not everything he summarizes is BS, but he tries to push a narrative that isn't there and comes off as an insufferable ass.

Last edited:

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
I'll never understand how they see scientists that study these things have a conflict of interest, but industries that could gain tons of money from deregulation don't have a conflict of interest. Some impressive mental gymnastics there.

The idea is that people in academia are not in touch with the real world and are concerned with furthering their own nerd shit instead of real people. It's like the idea that cutting taxes and loosening regulations on corporations will unshackle them, allowing them to better serve the public.

Or rather that that's the lie they tell people because they want something less reprehensible than wanting to feed their insatiable greed.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone that says anything like this needs to be forcibly removed from this planet

Hat22

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Canada
"air quality currently too clean for children"

i can see the logic/reasoning in that claim in regards to the importance of allowing the immune systems of children to properly adapt to bad air quality at an early age, but I believe this falls short because our air quality is currently so bad our ozone can't keep up.

good logic, but the base case is not accurate. and if your base case isn't good, the conclusion isn't good.

I don't think you can develop immunity to smog and coal dust.

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Lol. How these people are put in those positions is just astounding. As well, how blind do you have to be to really believe that?

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
"air quality currently too clean for children"

i can see the logic/reasoning in that claim in regards to the importance of allowing the immune systems of children to properly adapt to bad air quality at an early age, but I believe this falls short because our air quality is currently so bad our ozone can't keep up.

good logic, but the base case is not accurate. and if your base case isn't good, the conclusion isn't good.

That's like saying kids should be exposed to asbestos to build up immunity... that doesn't happen... you just end up exposed to toxicity that much longer.

Dernhelm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well I'm glad he clarified that for everyone, for a minute I was worried my deteriorating health was the result of toxic fumes in the air, excuse me whilst I go take a good few tokes of car fumes to get me started for the day.

Deleted member 20603

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't think you can develop immunity to smog and coal dust.
Your post is quite refreshing.

That's like saying kids should be exposed to asbestos to build up immunity... that doesn't happen... you just end up exposed to toxicity that much longer.
Common sense like yours is a breath of fresh air.

You know what I don't like about this AIr Quality... is that it's almost too good
This kills me every time. Thank you.

Penny Royal

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
QLD, Australia
Man, all those people living in pre-industrial societies 00s of years ago weren't dying of plague but because they air was too clean.

I wonder if this expert moron is also anti-vaccination?

Mathieran

Oct 25, 2017
The idea is that people in academia are not in touch with the real world and are concerned with furthering their own nerd shit instead of real people. It's like the idea that cutting taxes and loosening regulations on corporations will unshackle them, allowing them to better serve the public.

Or rather that that's the lie they tell people because they want something less reprehensible than wanting to feed their insatiable greed.

Yeah. I'm guessing most of the people who buy that shit have never actually met a scientist. I have known many over the years, and would never question their motives, so it's really frustrating to see people on tv say they're only in it for the money.

I would like to see someone call them out on that bullshit line just once.

Deleted member 18095

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You can not simply use the word "too" in positive things. Too clean.... What is that? Does it make you younger or something? Incredible how all this works...

Palas

Oct 29, 2017
Thankfully all surgeries I have ever gone through were performed in pig slaughterhouses so I was never exposed to the danger of superbacteria.

Oct 27, 2017

Upon looking up further information, you're right

http://news.berkeley.edu/2010/10/05/asthma/

I never knew that. Actually, air pollution is bad for children's immune systems because it reduces T cell production. Huh. Didn't know that.

And apparantly neither does our government

Dehnus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The Republicans also sabotaged a Satellite so they can't replace the one that is now malfunctioning XD.

Welcome to the party of "fun". As they actively wend to schools and then told children that they can now finally eat fried food in their school cafeterias again and no longer are tied down to Michelle Obama's diet rules :(. Sigh... you really wonder sometimes about them.
Even a "you won't have to eat it..." :(.
Seriously is that how they raise their kids too "Oh you don't have to eat your veggies."

Source of the probe being destroyed:
https://www.theguardian.com/science...ed-blocking-satellite-climate-change-research

Beartruck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Republicans also sabotaged a Satellite so they can't replace the one that is now malfunctioning XD.

Welcome to the party of "fun". As they actively wend to schools and then told children that they can now finally eat fried food in their school cafeterias again and no longer are tied down to Michelle Obama's diet rules :(. Sigh... you really wonder sometimes about them.
Even a "you won't have to eat it..." :(.
Seriously is that how they raise their kids too "Oh you don't have to eat your veggies."

Source of the probe being destroyed:
https://www.theguardian.com/science...ed-blocking-satellite-climate-change-research
This feels like It should be bigger news. They just destroyed a frickin satellite!

Last edited: