• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Got Danny

Nov 8, 2017
The business development guy at my job's name is Gonzalo

I'll see his face whenever this apu gets mentioned.

Its not fair to me

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
If playstation and Xbox both have the same specs, whats the point of two consoles?
They are made by different companies, who have different 1st party teams, partnerships, services, etc, even regional popularity. In my region [eastern europe], MS does not stand a chance if Sony has competitive offering. X360 gained a little ground, but only because it was easily hackable in the period before PS3 got cheaper.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
if this is PS5, my predictions were wrong..i expected them to drop SMT for yields sake...and i expected an even clock of 3GHZ. 3.2 GHZ is higher than my estimation...and Zen+ makes sense if we're talking about a compact form factor and reliance on efficient power draw

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
If this is finalised this year and based on Zen 2 it will be a shame with the 7nm ryzen 3 around the corner.

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
On the tech side, probably. On the business side? I mean, people make a good point when they say that they'd want to have people's digital libraries just carry over for costumer retention purposes, but I don't see why they wouldn't want to try to eat their cake and have it too. Maybe have it be backward compatible, but have the actual improvements inherent to better hardware, like higher framerate or resolution, behind a 5 or 10 dollar DLC or something like that? I could definitely see that happening. You might say "Xbox is doing that for free now", but I'd point to the fact that online used to be free on playstation too.
XBOX is not doing it for free. You pay half a grand to access the upgraded games. It'd be rich to pay half a grand for a new console and to have to pay extra to have your games actually benefit from the additional power of the new console. It wouldn't make for a big success I think.

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
So let's break this down into DBZ terms. is this a Super Saiyan to Super Saiyan 2 jump? Or Super Saiyan to "Ascended" Saiyan jump? Or Say Super Saiyan 3 to Super Saiyan God?
Or are we talking Fusion in terms of power?

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
If next gen is really 8 Ryzen cores at 3.6ghz, woo boy are we in for a treat. A lot of people do not understand just how much the CPU's if current consoles are limiting things, and that's one of the biggest generation tech upgrades I can remember on the CPU side.

gofreak

Oct 26, 2017
There seems to be a lot of guess work and assumption there in terms of the translation of the serial, and linking it to Sony. Although I'd be curious where the serial came from in the first place.

Could some one break this into layman's terms?

Forgetting the above about guesswork, and taking it at face value, there isn't really that much in it aside from the cpu stuff. Even if it was 'real' or was 'the PS5 serial', it doesn't yield a lot of info.

Oct 26, 2017
United Kingdom
There seems to be a lot of guess work and assumption there in terms of the translation of the serial, and linking it to Sony. Although I'd be curious where the serial came from in the first place.

Forgetting the above about guesswork, and taking it at face value, there isn't really that much in it aside from the cpu stuff. Even if it was 'real' or was 'the PS5 serial', it doesn't yield a lot of info.

Seems like an early engineering sample.

Not much there to really strongly indicate it has anything to do with Sony or PS5.

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
just remember a Vega shrink at 7nm still needs a crap ton of power to get to 2080 performance. Don't expect miracles here.