• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
nintendoeverything.com

Arcade Archives Gradius, Sunset Riders, and Trigon coming to Switch

Hamster held one of its latest live streams on Niconico a short while ago where it detailed upcoming Arcade Archives games for Switch. Gradius, Sunset Riders, and Trigon are all now confirmed for release. Hamster also has a number of other previously-announced Arcade Archives titles in the...

Hamster held one of its latest live streams on Niconico a short while ago where it detailed upcoming Arcade Archives games for Switch. Gradius, Sunset Riders, and Trigon are all now confirmed for release.

Holy Shit a Sunset Riders re-release is this real life?

Haven't found any non-nintendo source so far but I would not bet they are Switch exclusive.

edit:

Switch and PS4 - Sunset Riders and Trigon
Switch - Gradius

Last edited:

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
OH MY GOD! SUNSET RIDERS!!!!!!!!

Edit: I've been dreaming of a Sunset Riders re-release for so long.
I've been feeling down because of this virus situation, and these news made me jump in joy!

Thanks OP, and thanks Konami and Hamster.

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Finally! With a lot of other Konami content already on AA, I figured it was just a matter of them getting far enough through the lineup. Gonna be fun to play Sunset Riders again.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
FUCK YES

Sunset Riders and Lightning Fighters are great gets. More late 80s / early 90s Konami goodness is exactly what I want from ACA.

Jegriva

Banned
Sep 23, 2019
I even bought that shitty Johnny Arcade cowboy game thinking it would be the closest we could actually get to Sunset Riders!

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I'm excited for Sunset Riders. Not too excited to be reacquainted with Chief Scalp'em but I'm still excited.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
Looking at the Konami boards these games run on there's a bunch more stuff I hope to see:
  • Block Hole (Quartet)
  • Contra
  • Flack Attack (A Jax)
  • Gradius III
  • Parodius
  • Super Contra
  • Thunder Cross
  • Thunder Cross II
  • Vic Viper (Gradius II)
And stuff I'd kill to see but is definitely out due to licensing (Konami X Hamster should do another Arcade Classics Collection maybe):
  • Aliens
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time

Oct 29, 2017
Wow! That's BIG news! First time that the arcade version of Sunset Riders has EVER been re-released! :D

Will cop that for sure!

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Wow that's wild. I guess since they've got SEGA into the Arcade system already it's just gonna be easy to ask for other Genesis titles then.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
Looking at the Konami boards these games run on there's a bunch more stuff I hope to see:

Flak Attack's already confirmed and I'm sure the other games that are already in the Konami arcade bundle will show up individually before too long.

Rather than another Hamster collaboration, I'd prefer a straight TMNT collection--they put out something like 14 TMNT games in the '90s and none of them would be technically difficult to put out again (aside from that one computer game, I guess).

Oct 26, 2017
Wow that's wild. I guess since they've got SEGA into the Arcade system already it's just gonna be easy to ask for other Genesis titles then.

Not the Genesis version, the superior arcade version.

As someone who owns the actual arcade PCB, I'm really happy. It would make it a lot easier to possibly part ways with the cabinet, since it's too unwieldy. Also, I'm expecting that this version will have four player support, I don't have that in my cab.

Piccoro

Nov 20, 2017
  • Block Hole (Quartet)
  • Contra
  • Flack Attack (A Jax)
  • Gradius III
  • Parodius
  • Super Contra
  • Thunder Cross
  • Thunder Cross II
  • Vic Viper (Gradius II)
And stuff I'd kill to see but is definitely out due to licensing (Konami X Hamster should do another Arcade Classics Collection maybe):
  • Aliens
Contra Arcade and Super Contra Arcade are already on the recent Contra Classics Collection, on all consoles.
Most of those shooters are also on the Konami Arcade Anniversary Collection.
This game was made by Konami, not Sega.
This arcade version is much better than the MegaDrive and SNES versions. It supports 4-player co-op, for starters.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
i'm trying not to be the person who buys a switch specifically for sunset riders

but the temptation

Saikyo

Oct 25, 2017
They should do a double pack with Mystic Warriors and Wild West: Cowboys of Moo Mesa...

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
Isn't Gradius already included with the NES games? What would be the benefit of buying the Arcade Archives version?

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Sunset Rider is one of the rare SNES games I tried only last decade, but found to be really good. Great that these series is covering up for the lack of virtual console games.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Mystic Warriors next.

People need to appreciate the greatest hero that Konami has ever given us, Brad.

mystic_warriors_charay2kf7.png

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
  • Block Hole (Quartet)
  • Contra
  • Flack Attack (A Jax)
  • Gradius III
  • Parodius
  • Super Contra
  • Thunder Cross
  • Thunder Cross II
  • Vic Viper (Gradius II)
  • Aliens
I'd really like to try Violent Storm, myself.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
HOLY FUCKING MEGATON

how did I miss this? I'm legit smiling at the screen :'-)

Can't fucking wait for Vendetta/Crime Fighters 2.

Let's hope TAITO also starts giving more titles to pick from to Hamster, looking forward to Liquid Kids and other gems unlikely to get in collections... too bad they relegated og arcade Bubble Bobble to BB 4 Friends.

Also, PLEASE, PLEASE, ESCAPE/SEGA unchain WONDER BOY from its 4y old JPN-PS4's exclusive state.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I'd really like to try Violent Storm, myself.
Oh yeah, if we're talking more advanced boards there's a ton more I'd want:
  • Dragoon Might
  • Fantastic Journey
  • Magical TwinBee
  • Metamorphic Force
  • Monster Maulers
  • Mystic Warriors
  • Salamander 2
  • Sexy Parodius
  • Violent Storm
  • Xexex
And license dependent: