• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
Found on reddit: https://old.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/dkbibs/new_artbook_leak_confirms_diablo_4/

Since the link is in German: A new artbook, "The Art of Diablo" will be released shortly after Blizzcon. In the upcoming issue of Gamestar magazine, there will be an ad for this artbook which says "Featuring more than 500 artworks from Diablo 1, 2, 3 and 4"

Google translate:

"Apparently Diablo 4 was officially confirmed - just not as Blizzard had thought. A new ad for the illustrated book advertises:

"Featuring over 500 artworks from Diablo, Diablo II, Diablo III and Diablo IV, this book features many noteworthy artworks created for Blizzard Entertainment's iconic action RPG, which has given generations of fans everlasting nightmares."

A typo seems to be excluded here, because only all three previous parts of the series are listed individually and then the fourth is called. And the book was written by Blizzard's in-house senior writer Robert Brooks. It will be released in November, after the BlizzCon 2019. If a Diablo 4 is announced, then there - presumably, this advertisement should appear only after that.

You will find the ad among others in the new GameStar on page 27. The booklet has already been delivered to subscribers and will be on the kiosk from 23 October."

HVKFw0c.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2018
Hopefully D4 is better than D3. Even with Reaper of Souls, it never felt great. Each season was the same as every other season, just changing some of the equipment numbers usually.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still very much in the "Fuck Blizzard" camp myself. Which is a shame 'cause I was pretty hyped for this.

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
So after the disaster that was the reveal of Diablo eternal, and the trashfire that the last week has been for Blizzard, they are trying to turn the tides around by speeding up the coming of Diablo 4 then.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Cautiously hyped for this. I still love Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 eventually shaped up good, but boy that launch was bad.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Blizzard going to try and revive Starcraft Ghost with all the negative reactions to their announcements.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
shame. Hell even going off Diablo III its better to wait anyway. Hopefully by then Blizzard gets it shit together

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
The PR machine in full swing, they will get anything out just to get the yes of the industry away from the Hong-Kong Desaster.

The game could be 5 years away

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
So after the disaster that was the reveal of Diablo eternal, and the trashfire that the last week has been for Blizzard, they are trying to turn the tides around by speeding up the coming of Diablo 4 then.

Yeah, no. This was almost announced last year and has been in development for over 3 years (in it's current form anyway). Nothing that will be announced at Blizzcon 2019 is a reaction to the China controversy.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
I sincerely hope gamers stand their ground for once and are true to the morals they supposedly have. Vouching for freedom of speech, expression, human rights in forums is useless if you comply and give them your money either way. Threads vouching for equality in games won't change the world nor companies, if you don't do actually do something about it other than complain online, they won't improve.
Please Blizzard fans, be strong. Help them change and don't give in

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
Actually you kno what. Ill buy Diablo IV day one if they they get in a secret Cow Level but instead of Cows its Pooh Bears.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
Blizzard going to try and revive Starcraft Ghost with all the negative reaction to their announcements.

It's going to be interesting to see what they do. They may just announce every single thing they're working on in an effort to drown out some of the Hong Kong negativity.

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
'And we are happy to announce, that we have decided to rename Diablo Immortals to Diablo IV.'

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Yeah, no. This was almost announced last year and has been in development for over 3 years (in it's current form anyway). Nothing that will be announced at Blizzcon 2019 is a reaction to the China controversy.

My ass it is...

We already knew Diablo 4 was a thing, but during the week of last Blizzcon when Diablo Immortal was revealed it was pretty damn clear that they used "Please calm down diablo 4 is coming" as a way to lessen the impact of the shitty blizzcon they had.

It's not a direact reaction to the china controversy... but it's a damn obvious reaction to the shitty stream of thing that blizz has going for itself lately. They clearly speed up the coming of this reveal.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
The combination of "Fuck Blizzard" and "D3 was so fucking confusing to someone new to this shit" makes me not care at all about this.

Slim

Banned
Sep 24, 2018
Been waiting for D4 for a long time now. Hopefully no auction house though.

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I mean these kind of leaks always happen before an announcement so they can gauge the current hype for a thing. People have their tinfoil hats on because of the recent events.

Megasoum

Oct 25, 2017
No doubt they will try to change the public conversation during BlizzCon but this was not done in the last week... It's an actual printed book...

Protein

Oct 27, 2017
Xi commanded them to release Diablo 4 early to take the heat off. Would make the perfect South Park episode.

Strat

Apr 8, 2018
It's conspiracy territory, but honestly these "leaks" seem suspect as fuck, all things considered.