• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ahasverus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colombia
At this point, they should reserve that for the next gen.
Do you think they're just asking players what the next setting is gonna be? Come on. This gen we'll get the rest of the Bayek Trilogy which must be already in the works, this survey is about the far future, that meaning Next Gen.
I meant main character in the main franchise not a twin or mc in portable game. Basically a fully fleshed out only main character like we have had for the male version so far.
Rumor has it that's what the next game has.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
So they are not even suggesting Mesopotamia or Persia at all? Maybe to avoid comparisons to Prince of Persia games. Although Alexander conquests would include those regions.

Kraq

Oct 25, 2017
Peloponnesian War, the Mongols and Alexander The Great all stick out to me.

Classical antiquity is something I've love to see more of in games.

Ragnarsson

Oct 27, 2017
Lisbon, Portugal
I love all things Japan, but I actually think a Russian Revolution AC would be much more interesting from a setting perspective. It's just a fascinating period that's rarely even mentioned in gaming.

Alienhated

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think that medieval China/Japan would be a western mainstream-friendly setting enough for a full fledged Assassin's Creed game.

And we're getting Tsushima anyway, hopefully with a better gameplay.

apstyl

Oct 25, 2017
Listen, I know folks are hot for Japan and all, but I don't feel it fits the AC lore. The setting has to accommodate their Ancient Aliens story, and Japan doesn't fit the bill that well. The Peloponnesian War is an easy setup for the binary of Templar v Assassins, but it predates Origins by several hundred years. The setting that allows for Ancient Aliens and has division between cultures and people (a hallmark of the series) is the Spanish Conquest of Mexico. Fuck man, imagine being a person who grew up in Tenochtitlan and have these invaders bring death, disease, and division to your people. Imagine you have to find and kill the handful of Conquistadors responsible for taking your property and culture. As a setting for a game, its hardly every been done - least of all with a realistic art direction.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like they're finally going to do feudal Japan right when From does their Japanese themed thing and Sucker Punch releases their samurai game, and then that's going to be the new aesthetic to riff on, kind of like how it's gone Ye Olde England (The Order, AC Syndicate, Bloodborne, etc) -> Vikings (God of War, Hellblade, Horizon, etc) this generation.

Not complaining, though.

Oct 27, 2017
London
Russian Revolution please. Gonna get my Mosin Nagant ready. Also have a female protagonist who's a badass sniper. Only setting that would beat that is a game set in Italy during Justinian's reconquest of Italy for the Roman Empire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothic_War_(535-554)

Imagine that shit. The early Dark Ages era is something NEVER ever seen in gaming outside of the Total War series. Unfortunately that's not an option in the poll :/ Imagine getting to meet Belisarius or Justinian during the game.

qtamir1

Oct 28, 2017
for me it would probably be Russia, Vikings and actually the spanish inquisition...
i feel like the movie setting should still be considered in an assassin's creed game...

Laplasakos

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The person who leaked Origin on 4chan said that Ubisoft wanted to make a new trilogy with the character and the next game would be in Greece or Imperial Rome.

So if it's not Imperial Rome then it's probably Greece. Thing is, that both greek settings of the survey takes place hundred years after Origins.

RedlineRonin

Oct 30, 2017
Minneapolis
Also, if you're reading this Ubi, bring some sort of strategy layer back. This is single handedly why Brotherhood is still my favorite AC. Calling dudes to come out of the wood work and just assassinate everyone feels awesome, and managing your little squad of assassins was dope. I miss that kinda stuff in all the recent entries.

Ahasverus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Colombia
Also, if you're reading this Ubi, bring some sort of strategy layer back. This is single handedly why Brotherhood is still my favorite AC. Calling dudes to come out of the wood work and just assassinate everyone feels awesome, and managing your little squad of assassins was dope. I miss that kinda stuff in all the recent entries.
Nobody is asking for that while the new rpg direction has been acclaimed. I wouldn't hold my breath.

That said, the first DLC will introduce some kind Brotherhood mechanic.

thebigword

Oct 27, 2017
I just took this survey and wasn't asked this question. I guess it depends on what answers you give.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Russian Revolution would be interesting, I'd still really like to see a Feudal Japan setting though eventually. Dark Ages would be cool too.

Oct 27, 2017
The Russian Revolution/overthrow of the tzar and the invasion of the Americas' by the Conquistadors are the one's I want the most.

DisturbedSwan

Oct 25, 2017
Hampshire, UK.
As a big C20th history buff I'd absolutely love to be able to play through the October Revolution, would be absolutely phenomenal.

Just imagining the mission to enter the Winter Palace and overthrow the Tsar gives me goosebumps.

Feudal Japan would be fantastic too, but Ghost of Tsushima already has that covered to some degree.

China would be fantastic too, been lucky enough to go to Xi'an years ago and see the Terracotta warriors.

Oct 25, 2017
Do you think they're just asking players what the next setting is gonna be? Come on. This gen we'll get the rest of the Bayek Trilogy which must be already in the works, this survey is about the far future, that meaning Next Gen.

Rumor has it that's what the next game has.

I hope they do a Ba yek trilogy.

They should stick to the Greece then Rome Plan.

ArmsofSleep

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
cJvdlmj.jpg

That's a lot of interesting periods :D

Small brain:
- Feudal Japan
- Roman Empire
- Spanish inquisition
- Alexander the great

Medium brain: